Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mooshand310ced65f Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 1:02:11 PM(UTC)
mooshand310ced65f

Groups: Registered

Am I just missing something? I use a Mac, and have a Cricut Original. I have downloaded the software (well, Im pretty sure I have), but from there nothing happens. I have tried taking the cartridge in and out....thinking maybe that would cause something to recognize it!!?!?!

I am a fairly intelligent woman, and this has me stumped. Is it because I have the Original machine? It has a USB port, so I assumed I would be able to do some digital/online images.

Anyone??
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 3:28:57 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Did you download CCR (Cricut Craft Room)? If you have that and the drivers installed, you should be able to open up the CCR design program and design the images. You will need the cartridge in the machine to actually CUT the design out unless you have linked the cartridge to CCR - then it will show up as a cartridge you own and you won't need to place it in the machine.

I'm assuming you can cut with your cartridge when you don't have the machine hooked into CCR.

And yes, the original Cricut cuts just fine with CCR assuming the program, the drivers and your machine firmware is all updated.

I can't tell from your post if you are actually in CCR but just can't cut?
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mooshand310ced65f Go to Quoted Post
Am I just missing something? I use a Mac, and have a Cricut Original. I have downloaded the software (well, Im pretty sure I have), but from there nothing happens. I have tried taking the cartridge in and out....thinking maybe that would cause something to recognize it!!?!?!

I am a fairly intelligent woman, and this has me stumped. Is it because I have the Original machine? It has a USB port, so I assumed I would be able to do some digital/online images.

Anyone??

Hi,

You can connect your Cricut personal machine up to Cricut Craft Room and cut from it, however the personal machine will not link your cartridges to the Craft Room. You would have to have on of the other Cricut machines to do the linking process.

If you have any further questions please call our customer service at 877-727-4288 Mon-Fri from 7am to 6pm MST.

Cricut LeAnne