Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

flamechicab8c01664 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 9:46:07 PM(UTC)
flamechicab8c01664

Groups: Registered

I am so completely frustrated with my cricut! I swear I have to fight with it and waste more paper than it is worth. The most recent problem I am having is that any time I try to weld images together or flip an image, etc - Pretty much any time I do anything but change the size of an image, my cricut will shred my cuts. If I put those same images on the mat and don't weld, flip, rotate, etc it will cut them just fine, so I know it isn't my cut settings. I assume this is something with the last update. I rarely use my cricut because I always have to fight with it, so I have to update CCR everytime I use it. Last time I tried to use it, it started shedding my cuts because I copied and pasted images into the mat (the images I didn't copy and paste turned out fine). The programmers really need to pull their heads out and fix this program! We all paid a hefty price for this stupid machine and pay hefty prices for anything associated with it and they can't get the features they offer to even work right. I will never buy another one of these machines or recommend one to ANYONE, not even my worst enemy!!!!!!
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:51:24 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
The "group" feature does not "weld" the images. It only makes the individual images into a group. To weld them, each image needs to have the Weld selected and the images need to be touching.

If you have an E2, you should make sure it is updated.

If you have a regular Cricut, you should try the reset procedure.

If you're still having problems, call PC and CS will troubleshoot with you. The US and international CS info is under the support tab at the top of the forum.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:06:13 PM(UTC)
flamechicab8c01664

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
The "group" feature does not "weld" the images. It only makes the individual images into a group. To weld them, each image needs to have the Weld selected and the images need to be touching.

If you have an E2, you should make sure it is updated.

If you have a regular Cricut, you should try the reset procedure.

If you're still having problems, call PC and CS will troubleshoot with you. The US and international CS info is under the support tab at the top of the forum.

I am aware of the differences between "weld" and "group." Even if I weren't, that has nothing to do with the cricut shredding the paper only when I try to weld, rotate or modify the image in any way other than resizing.

CS is a joke. Last time I called them because my E2 would only work for 1 cut with Windows XP, then the next cut would cut off the mat, they said "Yeah, we are aware of problems between xp & CCR, just use the machine only." You can't do nearly as much with just using the machine to cut your images. CCR was advertised on the box and was a major reason why I bought the stupid machine. I Googled the issue and found that the problems with xp & CCR had been on going & they apparently hadn't been working on a quick fix anytime soon. Ihad to start using a computer that hahas Win 7 that isn't in my craftroom. And CCR STILL doesn't work as it should!

Yes, I have updated everything. I did that in my original post.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:08:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Wow. I was only trying to help. And explaining the difference between weld and group was because another person {who has deleted her post Huh } suggested that you group the images to insure they are welded.

If you don't want to call CS, don't.

I'll just continue to create with CCR and my Cricut and enjoy my crafting.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:00:13 PM(UTC)
flamechicab8c01664

How was I supposed to know that you were commenting on someone's post that they deleted before I saw it? I come on here and it seemed like you were treating me like an idiot. I've had this stupid machine for about a year and a half and am well aware of how the features are supposed to work whether they actually do or not is another story. And for all I care, you can enjoy sticking your cricut where the sun doesn't shine. :) Enjoy wasting your money on crappy mats that don't stick more than a few uses, blades that dull too quickly, and crappy over-priced cartridges!