Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Scrapperdee Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 8:36:34 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 4218 time(s) in 2419 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Two different types of survey. The Circle one was product development and Circle and non-Circle members received it. And while the majority of Circle members on the MB wanted the perks that were eventually removed {myself included}, only a small number of Circle members actually use the MB and obviously, the perks as they were weren't enough or important to non-Circle members to motivate them to join.

This digital survey is a marketing survey. PC is going to have digital products whether everyone wants them or not {and I too prefer physical carts}. So this survey was geared toward those that want digital and the questions were to give feedback on how to market digital.

I know all this....

IMHO - PC sent out the circle survey to everyone (there are more non-circle members) to make the results come out to decrease what is provided with a circle membership and the 2nd survey eliminates those that disagree with what they want to do (push digital).

GayleWheaton1 Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2013 1:16:43 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grandma of 5 Go to Quoted Post
I have 3 machines and 150 carts, but I guess my opinion doesn't count. As soon as I checked the over 65 box for my age, the survey ended.

I know what you're talking about!! In the 6 years I've been teaching Cricut, I've taught nearly 650 people how to use their machines (I didn't count DS or G - know I wish I had added all of those people in!) - I think that from what my students have told me over the years, that I'd be a very valuable resource for Cricut... But in all of their past surveys for when they want a focus group, the second I say I'm not from Utah - out I go like the trash!Glare Mad
P.S. I have 3 (Original; Expression; Expression Cake) machines; 2 Design Studios; Gypsy; and very nearly 200 carts [I've put off counting them recently because I don't want to think how much $ I've invested & how I'd just quit looking at anything new if they went digital].
I'll admit I don't have an Imagine (I live near FAR too many scrapbook stores - for paper - and the carts never really appealed to me) or an E 2 - the 'keypad machines' are so much easier to use [although I do teach it w/ a loong handout for people!]. I'm looking for another G right now because if mine goes, I'll probably stop Cricut altogetherCrying...
scrapincovers Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 7:46:18 AM(UTC)
scrapincovers

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I would have liked a place to comment on the proposed cartridge content too! They were just too cute for my tastes. I would love to see more developed along the lines of the new CTMH and CM carts and more "designer" carts such as Martha Stewart and other industry stars!
scrapalette Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 9:51:52 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19161 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GayleWheaton1 Go to Quoted Post
I know what you're talking about!! In the 6 years I've been teaching Cricut, I've taught nearly 650 people how to use their machines (I didn't count DS or G - know I wish I had added all of those people in!) - I think that from what my students have told me over the years, that I'd be a very valuable resource for Cricut... But in all of their past surveys for when they want a focus group, the second I say I'm not from Utah - out I go like the trash!Glare Mad
P.S. I have 3 (Original; Expression; Expression Cake) machines; 2 Design Studios; Gypsy; and very nearly 200 carts [I've put off counting them recently because I don't want to think how much $ I've invested & how I'd just quit looking at anything new if they went digital].
I'll admit I don't have an Imagine (I live near FAR too many scrapbook stores - for paper - and the carts never really appealed to me) or an E 2 - the 'keypad machines' are so much easier to use [although I do teach it w/ a loong handout for people!]. I'm looking for another G right now because if mine goes, I'll probably stop Cricut altogetherCrying...

Sounds like you were getting the surveys where they wanted people to come into PC's office and be a test market group. Not just a "give us your opinion" survey. Which, to me, means you were on the radar as a heavy Cricut user. I wouldn't take it as an insult at all.

Also, if your Gypsy breaks, you can get it repaired now. I've seen several posts from people who have used the repair service from PC and have been pleased.
Leahdax Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:04:16 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kt_g Go to Quoted Post
It would be really sad if they made this shift. I say this as someone who has 250+ carts, 4 machines, a gypsy, etc... (but also have a competitor's machine as well with a subscription for content.)

As far as the digital options go, the CCR model is the least attractive.
1. It's internet dependent. Website is down, your internet connection is down --- you're out of luck.
2. You paid for content that you don't really possess. (If PC goes under what happens to your investment? At least with the cartridges you have something physical that can still be used. With the competitors machines you have the content on your computer which can be backed up and saved.)
3. The pricing model is very high for the CCR content.
4. It doesn't allow you bring in other content from different sources.

I think if they fixed the first 2 then maybe it would be acceptable, but if they do move to only digital then I guess I won't be purchasing anything new from Cricut.

If PC goes all-digital most people will go to other cutters for exactly these four reasons. But, if they fixed all four they would once again dominate the industry because then there would be no reason for anyone to need another cutter, except maybe for those that do a lot of intricate cutting - I hear other cutters are superior to the cricut in that area. Of course, they would still have to offer physical carts - it's what made the cricut different from other cutters. And they should come up with some kind of alternative to the Gypsy. It had it's flaws, but it allowed crafters a freedom that no other system has been able to offer. I really hate to see them let it go.
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
kt_g on 7/7/2013(UTC)
RockinRenee Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 7:09:03 AM(UTC)
RockinRenee

United States

Was thanked: 4455 time(s) in 1950 post(s)
Ughhhhh. I never get any surveys...Blink
Rosiebud02 Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 1:37:39 PM(UTC)
Rosiebud02

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I didn't receive the survey so I didn't get to voice my opinion about digital, so I will say it here. The direction PC is going in makes me sad. I have so much invested in them and I have loved using the machines and the carts. I have had a Cricut since they were first introduced. I have an Expression, an Imagine, a Cake, an E2 anniversary (which I am selling because it doesn't cut as well as the original), a Gypsy and 200ish carts. I was with the Circle as a premier charter member but quit once they made all the changes. I have tried CCR and absolutely can't stand it. It is too limiting (they should have at least used the same program as Gypsy), I do not want to have to carry a computer to crops or have to rely on an internet connection to cut. Digital carts are the same price as physical carts and I refuse to pay that for a cart I do not physically own, or at least have on my PC. The only digital carts I have, I purchased with digital only credits.
I love love love my Gypsy and have become reliant on it... can't use my machines without it. I am so afraid of loosing my Gypsy that I refuse to update it which means I am can no longer purchase any new carts. I don't want an update to crash it. I know when my Gypsy finally dies, I will no longer use my Cricut products so last week I purchased a Cameo and the Make the cut software so I can begin to learn it. I really don't want to use a software program but if I am going to be force to go in that direction I want the most flexibility from the product as possible. I will continue to use my Cricuts and Gypsy until they no longer work but I am pretty much done with any new purchases from them.
BJR Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:41:23 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Isn't it funny my 2 posts were deleted and I only used one letter of another product but all others here are used a name of another product and they are still here... hmmm... all I asked about was where the content went you bought. I am and have been a loyal Cricut and PC owner, have every machine and then some and carts, have sold many many to other people by helping them understand or use the Cricut and well, it is intersting that they are deleting some posts but not others. Mine did not critisize or complain just an innocent comment as I do not even own the other one. BJR.Confused
scrapalette Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:00:14 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Your comment wasn't the only one that was deleted.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
BJR on 7/9/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:04:15 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Thanks at least on this thread mine is all I can see deleted. BJR.
scrapalette Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:24:53 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

You will always only be able to see your deleted comments and no one else's. I had one on this thread deleted. I can see mine, but not your's.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
BJR on 7/10/2013(UTC)
CraftyMel Offline
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:34:28 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
It has been ages since I have posted on this MB but I was compelled to come on here now and voice my opinion. Feel free to move along or flame me, it's up to you.

Wow. What a sense of entitlement in here! I don't know why they did not come to ME, I have 200 cartridges! Angry Well, they should have come to ME because I have 5 machines and 210 cartridges! Blink No, they should have come to me because I know more than most people about these things! Mad Oh, they did not come to me because I would tell them how it REALLY is and they don't want to hear THAT! OhMyGod

It was a survey! Probably sent to people at random! It MIGHT have EVEN gone to people who don't come to this message board!! I love how so many people have just convinced themselves that because they own a certain amount of cartridges and/or PC products that they somehow have an opinion that is more worthy than that of someone who only owns 5 cartridges. Maybe you did not get a survey because it's a big conspiracy against you. Maybe you did not get one because PC does not "care" about you. Maybe you did not get one for the same reason 100's of others did not get one...because you did not get one.

I still giggle when I come on here and the first words in a post are "I have XXXX amount of cartridges and XXXX amount of machines and have spent $$$' over the years..." as if that makes a difference to ANYONE. To paraphrase Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday...it's crafting. That's all it is.
 2 users thanked CraftyMel for this useful post.
mlharrell on 7/10/2013(UTC), ellamap on 7/10/2013(UTC)
mlharrell Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:14:06 AM(UTC)
mlharrell

United States

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyMel Go to Quoted Post
It has been ages since I have posted on this MB but I was compelled to come on here now and voice my opinion. Feel free to move along or flame me, it's up to you.

Wow. What a sense of entitlement in here! I don't know why they did not come to ME, I have 200 cartridges! Angry Well, they should have come to ME because I have 5 machines and 210 cartridges! Blink No, they should have come to me because I know more than most people about these things! Mad Oh, they did not come to me because I would tell them how it REALLY is and they don't want to hear THAT! OhMyGod

It was a survey! Probably sent to people at random! It MIGHT have EVEN gone to people who don't come to this message board!! I love how so many people have just convinced themselves that because they own a certain amount of cartridges and/or PC products that they somehow have an opinion that is more worthy than that of someone who only owns 5 cartridges. Maybe you did not get a survey because it's a big conspiracy against you. Maybe you did not get one because PC does not "care" about you. Maybe you did not get one for the same reason 100's of others did not get one...because you did not get one.

I still giggle when I come on here and the first words in a post are "I have XXXX amount of cartridges and XXXX amount of machines and have spent $$$' over the years..." as if that makes a difference to ANYONE. To paraphrase Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday...it's crafting. That's all it is.

I think some people use this board to take anger out from their lives. The same people find something negative about everything. If PC had never given us this message board, wonder what company they would be venting to.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:14:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked mlharrell for this useful post.
ellamap on 7/10/2013(UTC)