Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

reneed Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 5:34:09 PM(UTC)
reneed

Groups: Registered

I am thinking of selling my Gypsy, since I really didn't find it user friendly. I have many carts linked to it. The carts are also linked to the Craft Room. I have a few questions before I put the Gypsy up for sale. 1. Will the buyer be able to use the carts that I have linked to the Gypsy? 2. Will this affect my Craft Room at all? I love CR and I don't want to do anything to mess it up!

Any helpful responses would be appreciated!

Thanks!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 8:42:16 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello, it would be a violation if the EULA to sell a Gypsy that has linked cartridges and that is linked to a Craft Room account.

-Cricut Gena
 2 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
reneed on 7/9/2013(UTC), Favored Scrapper on 11/19/2013(UTC)
reneed Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:28:33 AM(UTC)
reneed

Thank you for your response! I don't know how to take the carts off the Gypsy - in fact, I think it's impossible. Does this mean that I am stuck with a machine that I never use? I'm not trying to be shady and I want to do the right thing, which is why I posted here. Are there any options?
ladybugstamper Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:16:12 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
As far as I know you have to keep the Gypsy, and the cartridges, because they are linked together, and to Cricut Craft Room.

So, yes, you have to keep the Gypsy. It's not a bad idea to have a working Gypsy as a backup, with all your cartridges linked to it, in the rare case that CCR isn't working.

For me right now, I can't get CCR to work with my computer or my son's laptop, so having all my cartridges linked to CCR is great, I just can't cut with CCR.

Provo Craft customer support is working on this, they're being great about helping.

So, for me using my Gypsy is my only option.

Hope this helps
 1 user thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
reneed on 7/9/2013(UTC)
reneed Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:51:35 PM(UTC)
reneed

Thanks for the reply. I just think it's silly that I have something that I never use that someone else may want and appreciate, but I can't let them have it! Crying
okstout4352affda Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:03:10 AM(UTC)
okstout4352affda

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: reneed Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. I just think it's silly that I have something that I never use that someone else may want and appreciate, but I can't let them have it! Crying

It is silly, but I believe the reason they did this is to keep people from sharing their cartridges between devices. If they weren't linked, you could add your carts to a friends gypsy, then the friend would not have to go out and buy her own carts. But I just don't see why Cricut doesn't make it where you could wipe the cartridges from the gypsy before selling it. It would be so simple. Require the gypsy to be connected to your account which would know what carts you have stored on it, then if you want to sell it you'd have to connect the gypsy and have your account wipe clean the carts. That way Provo would know the carts were removed. So simple to me.
 1 user thanked okstout4352affda for this useful post.
reneed on 7/11/2013(UTC)
SuzieQue Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:08:06 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The only way I can see it being sold is by including the cart. with the Gypsy. I know I had the Gypsy I bought transferred to my name but I do not have back up for them. I did talk to PC and they said I had not broken their rules the seller had so i could use them as long as they stayed on the GYpsy. If it was broken .. I would loose the 'illegal' cart. .. which would be like if you broke Judy Garlands record, RCA and her do not owe you a new record. But if the new owner has the cart. she can back them up be cause your old Gypsy is now hers and all the cart .. linked are hers. The craft room I'm not sure about that but I would think that the right to the cart would transfer to her, also. BUT you could still download a digital copy of your favorite cart. to CCR that would be all yours.

Please if you try to sell it against the Cricut rules at least fair warn the new owner ... I got stuck and I was not happy. The seller told me buyer beware. Maybe sell it to a friend keep the cart. and then she can use the GYpsy and have 'your' cart. for back up. And if she is a good friend maybe you both can share the CCR access .. like a daughter would. ( I don't know if that is legal with Cricut but you can ask them that.
 1 user thanked SuzieQue for this useful post.
reneed on 7/11/2013(UTC)
reneed Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:07:02 PM(UTC)
reneed

Thanks for all the responses. I don't want to be shady and it sounds like I'm stuck. It's a shame because the Gypsy just sits in my basement. I know that there are others out there who love it, but I never enjoyed it -- the learning curve was just too big. I agree that I should be able to just wipe it clean and sell it, but alas...

Major fail, PC!Glare
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:30:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
When PC developed the Gypsy, they didn't have a crystal ball to see into the future. The way the Gypsy was made is that when you link a cart to it, the serial number of the Gypsy is written {in programming code} onto the cart. That is what makes another Gypsy {and now CCR} know that the cart has been linked.

Even if you wiped the carts off the Gypsy so another owner couldn't use them, the cart still has that Gypsy serial number written on it and the Gypsy still "thinks" those carts are linked and wouldn't allow another owner to link their {same titled} carts.

Hindsight is 20/20. But at the time you linked your carts, the EULA stated linking was permanent and could not be undone. And you {meaning everyone who linked a cart} agreed to those terms.

As my mom would say, it is what it is.

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2013 1:07:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lorianna33448eb358e9 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:01:57 PM(UTC)
Lorianna33448eb358e9

I have a gypsy, I think it might be linked, but have NOTHING loaded on it, except the original ones that came with it

Can I still sell this one????

Can the new owner re register it in their name?

Edited by user Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:02:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified