Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

luvs2shop Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:18:15 AM(UTC)
luvs2shop

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I am hoping someone can offer some information about Project Life. I am "one of those" scrapers that has a room full of supplies, mountains of paper, a hundreds of carts and no time to actually scrap. I have considered trying Project Life for some time now and finally bought a PL album, box of protectors, and a core kit. I notice there is tons of repetition in the core kit box.
Here are some of my questions:
1. Are there other brands of albums, sheet protectors, cards that work with PL? If so, what are your thoughts on them?
2. Do you use your cricut to make your own PL cards and add embellishments? I know that requires more time but I feel like I have tons of paper, card stock, supplies, etc. and I would like to use some of it.
3. If you use your Cricut in PL, what are some tips you might offer, favorite cuts, or carts?
4. Any tips???

Any info would be appreciated:)

Thanks!
EstherWheat Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:32:13 AM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I have not gotten into PL myself but have several craft buddies that have. I believe that Creations with Christina has several videos on her PL ideas and thoughts. I would start searching YouTube videos and see what you can find. Good luck!!!
 1 user thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
luvs2shop on 7/13/2013(UTC)
nancyh Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:01:49 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 645 time(s) in 483 post(s)
There are also Snap, Simple Stories, and Smash products that you could use with PL. I bought one PL core kit, and I thought the same thing, lots of repetition. I don't know if I will ever end up using most of it....Good thing I bought it with a 40% off coupon. Flapper

I do however like the concept, and I think I'll make my own titles and embellishments with cricut cuts and stamps etc to fit in the pockets.
 1 user thanked nancyh for this useful post.
luvs2shop on 7/13/2013(UTC)
luvs2shop Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:09:52 PM(UTC)
luvs2shop

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
There are also Snap, Simple Stories, and Smash products that you could use with PL. I bought one PL core kit, and I thought the same thing, lots of repetition. I don't know if I will ever end up using most of it....Good thing I bought it with a 40% off coupon. Flapper

I do however like the concept, and I think I'll make my own titles and embellishments with cricut cuts and stamps etc to fit in the pockets.

Yes, I used a coupon too. I noticed that many partial kits are available on ebay and I am assuming many people don't like the repetition. Does Joann carry PL or only michaels?
Kazalah Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:31:31 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 718 time(s) in 284 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luvs2shop Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I used a coupon too. I noticed that many partial kits are available on ebay and I am assuming many people don't like the repetition. Does Joann carry PL or only michaels?

Michaels is the only store ( so far) that carries PL and that is a recent addition. I've noticed the repetition on PL as well but I like that the cards are 2 sided and I can (and have) actually used them in card making. There's also a few groups on Facebook where you can sell or trade your partial kits ( basically sell off or trade what you don't want) It's a good way to get SOME cards and not get stuck with ones you don't want BigGrin

Lori
gonescrappin' Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:53:16 PM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

United States

Was thanked: 9596 time(s) in 4906 post(s)
You can always use your Cricut to make the cards for the PL books. I am doing a smaller PL album from HSN for baby shower pics for my niece. I didn't like the repetition, so I broke out my own papers, cutting them and rounding the corners. Next I plan to make some baby cuts for the cards I made. I didn't think to use my Cricut for the cards until after I had started them. Laugh
Lady Bug S Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:59:33 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kazalah Go to Quoted Post
Michaels is the only store ( so far) that carries PL and that is a recent addition. I've noticed the repetition on PL as well but I like that the cards are 2 sided and I can (and have) actually used them in card making. There's also a few groups on Facebook where you can sell or trade your partial kits ( basically sell off or trade what you don't want) It's a good way to get SOME cards and not get stuck with ones you don't want BigGrin

Lori

Hobby Lobby carry PL products also.
talkinscrap Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:08:37 AM(UTC)
talkinscrap

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 180 post(s)
Archiver's sells Project life too
BJR Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:48:05 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Well the repetition is a bit much but on the other hand if you wante to do duplicate books you would have all the cards needed or make a kit for a gift with one of the smaller albums. I bought them so when I get to my older pics I could just do more of an album with them. Also if you buy some of the smaller boxes you would be able to mix them up. Here where we live- big city, only 2 M's got in PL and no one nearby and they got in the Kraft edition, Achivers has exclusive on the slate edition. I think added your own touches is nice if you have the time. BJR.