Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<1011121314>»
Dbson Offline
#331 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 3:24:46 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Afternoon, hope everyone has had a great Monday.

Pat I see you are winding down your trip, have a safe flight home.....

Jess you were busy during your time off.....you didn't hit the snooze this morning did you? WHOA on the 500 pieces you punched, I can't imagine how bad your hands hurt...

We have had more rain today....errands this morning to check on the 'unpaid' VISA bill....teller posted it to the wrong card, yet it didn't show on my end...will check in the morning to see if it has been fixed...at least any late fees that 'might' happen won't be my fault...overheard the employee saying 'yes, we need training so this doesn't happen again' to the head VISA person at the main branch...also need to call and change our hair appts from Thursday to either Tues or Wed, if she can work us in....

Looks like we will head north to watch Austin/team play in the all-star game Thursday with a few stops on the way....double elimination, top 2 teams make it to state....not sure of game times/where they will stay.....but we will most likely camp at Point Mallard in Decatur....same place hubby got a parasite from drinking the water.....that won't happen again as we only use bottled water or water from our tap while we are traveling...

Hello to all that drop in and I am going heat up left over's for supper....later....
housefullofrotties Offline
#332 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2013 11:41:41 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good middle of the night. Hope everyone is well. Have a happy day!

Deb~Grrr to the problems with your Visa bill. Hope it's resolved quickly and doesn't take up too much time. The baseball games will be fun. You don't know how bad I wanted to hit snooze...especially today! I feel like a zombie!

Pat~Safe travels.

Jess
~Phyllis~ Offline
#333 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:36:45 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good early morning, well for me it's early. Furnace guy is here again today to finish the job but he is taking a power nap in his truck right now, said the baby kept him up all night. I felt sorry for him and I do want him alert on the job. They had all kinds of problems yesterday with wrong base for the furnace and it was 2:00 pm before they got the right base out here. He was really upset over that. They did manage to get the air running yesterday but the return air ducts were not connected except the one in the furnace room.

Oh Jess, I feel for you on the lack of sleep and having to work. It's no fun to feel like a zombie.

Deb, glad they could get your Visa bill straightened out but what a hassle. Have fun at Austin's games and the stops along the way (could there be some craft stores on that route?).

Pat, guess today or tonight is your traveling day, bet Jim is really anxious to see you come home.

Hope everyone has a nice day,

Dbson Offline
#334 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:36:01 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis it is early for you.....boo on the furnace issues, sorry the installer isn't 'getting sleep'...you know babies do cause many sleepless nights. Hope it is fixed soon....are you packed and ready to go to PF? Yes, I have been looking for a J's, but the closest is Huntsville. Not sure how we will come back home so that is iffy.

Jess I am lazy this week, not a walk in my future at all, may need to hit the bike today. Hope you can see a nap in your afternoon....

Hello to all that drop in, need to get a few things done and just in case we can get hair cuts this morning, I need to be 'ready' to go....later....

RGK Offline
#335 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:14:12 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Just a quick hello to all,
Phyllis, is the work in your house done now? So many obstacles!! Are you feeling better?
Deb, sometimes you just gotta take a break from pushing yourself. A bike ride is good to. Boo to the Visa trouble. Should not have happened but at least it got corrected.
Jess, get some S-l-e-e-p. My thumb is good. Wow to all those punches. Your hand must be sore.
Pat, not sure if you are coming home tonight or tomorrow night. Have a safe flight.
Gramma and Joanne, hello to you.
I'm going to take a walk around the block and then find something to do in my OMG room. Renate
~Phyllis~ Offline
#336 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:14:31 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Good evening everyone.

Renate, yes the furnace work is finally finished, just the inspection from the county is left, sure hope everything passes. I am feeling much better, thanks for asking. I had to clean up my OMG room tonight, it was a mess. I don't think I'm going to mess it up until I return from vacation. Wish we had sidewalks so I could walk but our road is so busy anymore, you take your life in your own hands.

Deb, hope you can find a J's on your route. We have a super store, I was there on Saturday but didn't buy anything. I am not packed yet, I'll do that probably Friday.

Pat, safe travels.

Jess, hope you're getting some good zzzzz's tonight.

#337 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:37:26 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW. Hope everyone has a good day.

Phyllis~Glad the install is done. Kind of weird that the guy took a nap on the job. Wish I could get away with that!!

Deb~Hope your J's search was successful!

Renate~Did you enjoy your walk? What'd you work on in your room?

A good nights sleep did not happen for me.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#338 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:43:05 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Wed morning, headed shortly for hair appts, a couple things left to pack....baked bread this morning, they always enjoy bread...had a couple slices myself for b'fast with butter....yummy.

Pat hope your flight home was good, that you got some sleep and back into your 'home' routine soon.

Jess sorry you didn't sleep well.....maybe a nap today?

Renate did you make something last night?

Phyllis glad the furnace work is done....I know that will be the next thing we have to replace, but our repairman said 'wait' til it dies before we do that....still works and keeps us warm...

Hello to Gramma and Joanne.....how are you doing?

I am off to get laundry in the dryer and find something to wear, I always come home and wash my hair after getting it trimmed....hate those little pieces of hair on me....I would never make it as a beautician.......have a great day.....
Gramma Offline
#339 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:49:58 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings everyone!

Rainy and terribly humid in WNY. Puppy is napping, but should be up shortly. She has a routine of sleep... go potty...eat...go potty...maybe play, maybe not...go potty... sleep. I have already seen changes in her... as far as weight. She is a true terrier! I insist she not eat my toes and she insists she can.. and does.. she grabs DH by the pant leg and won't let go too.. he walks around the house with this tiny ball of fur hooked to his pants... funny stuff!

Pat, Phyllis... 50 cards in the mail. Different than most of the stuff I've done before. I'm loving the new metal dies. I cringe when I think of the $$$ I have tied up in this little room.

Take care all...
Hugz,
Gramma

PS: Princess Maggie is awake and has to "go."
imnchghere Offline
#340 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:17:58 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Hello in the castle. I have been home since about 7:30 this morning. Catching up on this and that and cat napping now and then. The flight overnight was a good one. And the landing was smooth as silk. Excellent flight crew. I was a happy traveler. Will admit my carry on stuff was a bit cumbersome, but on both flights there were guys with muscle willing to hoist the laptop bag into the overhead bins for me. And then get it back down when we landed. I would have gladly tipped them. LOVED my smart phone. So glad I got it before I left. Especially when I had internet problems at my Mom's.
The old photos are so awesome and I can't wait to get them spread out on a table to start making sense of them. Just enough of them had writing on the backs to be able to figure a few out. Hoping to match them up to another batch of old photos I had acquired about 10 yrs ago. Those had been from when my Mom was a child, so some different people in the pics.
I will try to catch up at some point, but want to thank all of your for you support. The trip was worth it and my sis got a much needed 2 week+ break, that she says was what she needed and now hopefully Mom will continue to improve, even if is slight and not as quick as she would like. I also gave my sister some fresh perspective and thoughts/questions to share with the Dr at her appt next week. Thoughts that she (my sis) hadn't thought of.

Going to get my boxes ready this week to send the new unit. And try to get the Holiday in July theme posted.
Gramma, be sure you get a picture of Maggie attached to DH's pant leg. Do you know yet if she is going to be a traveler? Besides traveling on his pat leg I mean. LOL
Deb, bread and butter is SO good. Last night for dinner I had true sour dough bread with the crusty top slathered with butter. I could have made a meal out of it. Couple glasses of wine and a couple baskets of bread would have been fine with me.
Phyllis, glad the furnace work is done, hope the inspection passes, and also glad you are feeling better.

#341 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:40:59 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! Hope you have a fabulous day. Pat, glad you are home safely and had a good trip!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#342 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:25:23 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, hope everyone has a great day. We are off in a little while...decided to wait til about 11 to leave, lots of rain, possible storms in the forecast....but that of course depends on which weather man you watch....not sure when we will be home....double elimination tournament so depending on the wins decides when we come home....cousin will be up Sunday afternoon, so I have lots to catch up on when we do get back. Will try to check in if service is available...later...
RGK Offline
#343 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:56:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Thursday evening,
Phyllis, glad the work is done, hope it passed inspection. When are you leaving on your trip? Be safe.
Jess, one more day then your weekend starts. Do you have any 'relaxing' time scheduled? I am working on the baby album, just the page layouts. DDIL will need to add the pix. I also bagged up the CFS cards and will get the box ready to mail. Did some re-arranging of stuff and hope I can find it again. I enjoy my walks, good way to do my mental house cleaning.
Deb, enjoy your time watching the game(s). Did you take the MH? Not sure if you said. As you see I was not very productive in my OMG room but that's ok. It's been a while since you mentioned baking bread...
Gramma, hope the humidity lets up so you can enjoy summer. Puppy chewing on your toes and getting dragged around on DH's pants leg...too funny. She sure acts like any baby would.
Pat, glad you made it home safely. Seems like you really accomplished a lot while you were out in CA. Hope your mom's recovery will continue. Have you spread out the photos yet? Priceless possession.
One more day and then a long long weekend. I'm off next week, no plans but will surely do much around the house and in the yard/garden. I got my pc restored yesterday and need to see how to install the printer without messing up the wireless printer connection to my laptop. I also need to install antivirus protection again. It comes with Comcast. I'll check with DS so I won't have to figure it out myself.--I'm finishing up the afghan for the baby tonight. A quilt for her is the next non-paper-related project.
Hello to Joanne and anyone else dropping in. Renate
#344 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 12:38:24 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be back!!

Jess

UGH...security image again???
Dbson Offline
#345 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:52:01 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday...quick check, DGS's team won in the bottom of the 6th inning, 5-3, they were ahead in the 5th but let them score 2 runs. We got back to Campground abt 11pm, it is full, lots of sites flooded too, several trailers are standing in water up to the top of the tires, golf course had flooding too....no rain to speak of for us, a few sprinkles last night. Next game tonight at 8 or after the 6 pm game is done....so we will not head home til probably late tomorrow afternoon.....last play off games start around 10 tomorrow....have a great day and will check in later.....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#346 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:19:04 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Greetings from Paradise 😃!
Been a busy few days here. We took the boat out to a sandbar when the kids were here and lost the anchor.... So Tuesday we took the boat back there to look for it and would you believe we found it?! It is bright blue so pretty hard to miss! Then we went back to the house and picked up Sammy and her cousin dogs for spin. They did pretty well. No panicking just running between bow and stern. Lots of tail wagging!
The neighbor got his grill returned! The police detective followed up on a soda bottle with a receipt attached and found the kid who was actually an employee.... Truck matched the video and he took the detective right to the grill. Nice when the system works.
Went to a Rays ball game yesterday and won a field pass for a future game!!! Get to meet the players for photos and autographs.... Definitely a scrapping event!!!
Guess that is all my news..
Gramma - I loved my westie (Heather). They are one of the sweetest dogs. We had her when the kids were small and she just loved getting dressed up. She also would bring in the newspaper every day.
Phyllis - hope you will have a good trip to PF. give Cody a hug.
Pat - welcome home. Imagine jim was happy to have you back too. Sounds like the trip went well and some things were resolved. The pictures are priceless!
Deb - We have had a good amount of rain here also. Probably a lot from the same weather systems. Leaning trees are not good. Hope a big wind doesn't come along.
Jess - ouch to sooooo many punches. Sounds like ice pack time.
Renate - hope you are doing well. I am sure DDIL will love your baby album plus afghan.

Pat -- I have 50 cards that I will put in the mail tomorrow or Monday. I am guessing I can send them to you?
Packing to go to the CKC in Nashville next week with DSIL.... Weeeeee!
Back to playing with paper!
Joanne
~Phyllis~ Offline
#347 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 6:49:21 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. Just about got my packing done, we're taking off tomorrow around noon (well whenever my Ft. Wayne friend gets here). Got the house in some kind of order but who knows what it will look like when I get back. Cody has been doing pretty good lately. He still isn't eating as much but we're getting the meds down him by pushing them down his throat. I hate doing that but that's the only way to make sure he gets them twice a day.

Deb, glad DGS's team is winning. Do they just play 6 innings? We had a downpour Wednesday that flooded our road just below us, first time we have seen that since we've lived here, since 76. A creek runs through the woods across the road from us but it is very small and dry most of the time but this time it was gushing and ran over its bank over the road but that was a very very hard rain we had. Hope you and your cousin has fun next week, we'll miss you at PF.

Joanne, you were lucky to find your anchor. How fun for the dogs to ride the boat, glad they didn't panic. Our dogs would have been terrified. So good that the neighbor got his grill back, good police work. How are your Rays doing this year? Our Reds have been a little sloppy lately. I'll give Cody a hug from Sammy. Yes, send your cards to Pat.

Jess, has your weekend begun? Hope you catch up on your sleep.

Renate, first inspection passed but the main one from the county won't happen until we call them, have to get breaker box labeled, everything has changed. Hope you have a nice week off. It's nice to have a DS as a computer tech, I don't know what I would do without my tech DS.

Pat, glad you had a good trip. What a fun time you'll have with those old photos, indeed priceless. Hope your Mom does well and your Sis can share your thoughts with the Dr. Sometimes 2 heads are better than one.

Gramma, those puppies sure sleep a lot for awhile. She is a cutie. What kind of new metal dies do you have, I'm sure your cards are gorgeous.

I will try and check in while I'm gone since I will have my iPad and iPhone. Had to buy 3G service for my iPad for one month because I have so much trouble typing on my phone, key pad is just too small.

Dbson Offline
#348 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:06:07 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hello to all...got home about 3:15, sadly DGS's team got beat at 10 this morning, 13-12 so home they came...we were packed up and ready to go as soon as they were done....yes this age just plays 6 innings...it was a pleasant morning...as we left the campgound, much of the water was gone. Sad to see so many RV's that probably had damage...glad to be home.

Phyllis have a great time, don't spend too much...I only spent $4 at Tuesday morning, got two stamp sets for 80 cents each.

Joanne glad you found the anchor....I wonder if Gracie would like water....we will find out sometime this weekend as that puppy needs a bad and a hair cut too.

Renate enjoy your week....

Jess I am making the rolo cheesecake stuff tonight...

Pat saw your post about the gnats.....hope you were productive inside....the mosquitos were HUGE at the ballpark...two got in the m/h and had a nice meal...I was their victim since I am the once itching...

Gramma how is Maggie this weekend?

Need to have everything ready when my cousin gets here tomorrow...going to cook a pork roast tonight and make a couple side dishes tomorrow...laundry going full speed right now...motor home will have to be cleaned later in the week....plus had a call that hubby's dr appt has been changed so that means my work days have been too..oh well....

Be back later.....night all....and this security thing is a pain in the 'rear' for sure....amazing that you type in exactly what it shows and gives you an error.....
imnchghere Offline
#349 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:50:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Hello in the castle.. This has been a hard few days trying to get caught up on sleep and everything else. I now have 3 weeks to get ready for the meeting in Maine. And of course I want to spend time on the old pictures I brought home. OMG, so many ancestors now have faces and even personalities. My cousin in VA is going to work on photo shopping some of them. My way of including her in the find.
Joanne, you can send your cards to me. I am going to send 2 boxes this coming week with mostly cards. I will also be posting the new theme.
Deb, glad you got to dgs's games, but sorry they got eliminated. Our eldest dgd has tournament games this week. Not sure how far they will make it. They got to this round because a team forfeited. Will see if Jim can get away from the office. Enjoy your time with your cousin. What will you be doing?
Phyllis, I know you will have a fun time with your friend. Check in if you can. I really like that technology enables me to keep in touch with everyone when we are traveling. I kept telling Mom how my friends were enjoying her flowers on face book. Pictures didn't do some of them justice, but it gave me something to do. Glad the inspection went well.
Jim has gone for a walk this morning around our neighborhood lake. I opted to skip as I am sure the gnats are there is full force. I might just ride the bike today. We never did put it on the deck, and it isn't as much fun to ride inside.
Gramma, I received your cards on Fri I think. Haven't looked at them yet, but I know they are going to be perfect and fun.
I am hating the security code being back. Especially for doing the new theme. I am going to try to bury the spam in the CFS thread, since PC hasn't removed the posts.

Gramma Offline
#350 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:20:48 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings all... currently warm and sunny in WNY. After a week of rain this is a treat.

Pat, glad you got the cards... Maggie is not cooperating for me to get a pic of DH dragging her around by his pant leg. She hears the camera come on and lets go every time I try. Little stinker.

Looks like the castle will be traveling... I wish everyone safe journeys and fun times.

I took little Maggie to the vet Friday, just for a look-see and to get her weighed. The bruiser goes 2.2#'s now so she must be about Gracie's size, until next week..LOL She eats like a football player! Attached is a photo of her scouring the yard for varmints.

Hellos to everyone!

Hugz,
Gramma
File Attachment(s):
DSCN3462.jpg (3,947kb) downloaded 23 time(s).
#351 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 1:43:35 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend!

Deb~Hope you had a nice time. Sorry to hear the team lost. Good job on not spending so much!!

Renate~Were you able to finish the baby album? How about the afghan? Always busy!! Woohoo for your week off! Relaxing?? Really?? Nope, none here!

Joanne~Way to go on finding the anchor! That is very surprising! Ha ha on the dogs on the boat! Our Avalanche and Maverick loved to go on the boat! Av always wanted to chase after Brad's cast though! A friend would stop early in the mornings and ask Mav if he wanted to go out on the boat. He was hilarious!! "Mav, Uncle Al wants to know if you want to go out on the boat?". He'd get up and walk over to the jeep and hop in. Out on the boat he'd lay across the back seat the whole time!! Ahhh, nice memories! How cool that they got the grill back. Quite the odds again! Woohoo on the Rays games! Very cool!

Phyllis~Hope your trip is off to a good start. Good to hear that Cody is managing okay. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do with the meds. WIll all the breaker box stuff and inspection be done by the time you get home?

Pat~Hope you're getting a grip on this around the house and your sleep! Very cool that you have more background on people. Grrr to those gnats.

Gramma~What a little thing Maggie is! Cute!!

Busy as usual here. Worked on stamp camp stuff most of the day on Friday. On Saturday we visited friends that pulled out of the campground last year. Last night we had a wedding in Green Bay. Ran errands today and going out to eat later. You all would not believe, okay maybe you will believe, how mad I am. I really, really think I've learned my lesson this time. The wedding thank yous that I got the go ahead to do and even as recently as this Friday when the bride made a final choice on one element...those cards that I've invested about 10 hours in so far...the ones that I've spent quite a bit of money on because each card base is a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock (SU! of course). Yeah, those thank yous. Well the bride ripped up her sample and sent me a picture with a couple of the pieces used and said how about this (piece of garbage) instead. Didn't even acknowledge that I have half of the work done or the money I've spent. Just decided that she wanted something super simple. Seriously, I am swearing just as much now as I was seven hours ago, I am so mad. And trust me, I can really swear. I will be saying something in person to my nephew (after the wedding) and I will be telling her that I don't want my name associated with the final product. It is really crap. Either next week or I might wait until after the wedding I'm going to post it on FB as a "rejected thank you card". And I think I'll ask for ideas of all the pieces that are done and not being used. I hope I make her feel like a pile of poop. I am done. Sorry to drag you into my rant! I really am furious. I better go for now! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Jess
#352 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 11:37:20 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#353 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:19:06 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Monday...cousin arrived about 4, visited, ate, visited and soon it was bedtime. Today we are crafting at my friends. Enough left over from supper last night for tonight.....

Jess to be honest, I would probably have given the bride a piece of my mind and said that she could go 'buy' the notes...some people have no clue how much time, effort and money things cost to do.....you have every right to be more than 'upset'. Made the roll cheesecake yesterday, woo are they rich but good.

Pat hope you get all your pictures of the ancestors copied, shared and identified.

Gramma Maggie is adorable.....I bet she and Gracie would have a ball....

Phyllis have a good time.....

Joanne how are you?

Renate have a good week off.....

Later......

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:20:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#354 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 5:48:17 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good morning from hot Indy. We are hitting 90 for the first time this year, and 90's the rest of the week. I was going to weed-spray my backyard today but it will be too hot...
Deb, sorry your DGS lost the game but glad you got to go and have a good time. Enjoy your company, and your crafting event today.
Phyllis, did your electric inspection get scheduled? I know you'll be glad when it is all done. How was PF? Never been there but saw the signs when we were driving through the area years ago.
I try to do as much of the IT work as I can. Got the printer installed and the Comcast Symantec/Norton package. I still have a question for DS. Yes, I know I'm lucky to have him.
Gramma, Maggie on the prowl is too cute. Who or what was she thinking she could scare? Do you think eventually she'll weigh as much as a bag of flour?
Pat, are you getting close to getting the heritage project done? I know you have been at it for a while, the amount of work involved seems overwhelming. I have an envelope of pix my sister salvaged when I was there at my mom's funeral. No idea who most of the people were. My search will be all in Germany, no relatives here except for 2 cousins.
Joanne, how great to find the anchor and have the neighbor's grill returned. Once in a while things just turn out well. Seems like the dogs got their sea legs. It must have been funny watching them trying to figure out what this was all about.
Jess, I can't believe the comments from the bride-to-be, and her total dis-regard of your many hours of unpaid work. You do have every right to be ticked off. Like Deb, I would have told her so sorry she did not like what she had asked for, but I am done with it. Let her figure out what to do. I hope you will be less generous next time, but knowing you, you probably won't be.
This is day 3 of my off-time. Did I tell you my eldest has asked his gf to marry him? Probably early next year. She is very nice, and we will be lucky to add her to our family. She is going to have lunch with me today. Tomorrow I am going to do a workshop at Archiver's. The afghan is almost done, trying to use up all the yarn I have for it. The baby album is under way, I prefer making cards over 8x8 LO's, and it is slow going. I've been re-arranging my OMG room and hope I'll remember where everything is. I have much more on my to-do list for this week!!
Hope everyone is having a good day. The security thingy is annoying...Later...Renate
#355 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:30:30 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! It's late and I should be in bed! Hope everyone had a good day.

Deb~Hope you're having a nice visit with your cousin.

Renate~We've got the 90's and humidity too. Be careful if you do any outdoor projects. Congratulations on the engagement! That's exciting to look forward to! Sounds like you have a fun plan ahead for the next few days. Enjoy!

You're both so right about the things I should say/do and Brad and a friend totally agree with you. And I'm only not doing or saying anything right now because of my nephew. I hardly slept last night I was still so angry. I just spent almost two hours on the phone cancelling Dish Network and switching to Direct TV. I'm not foolish enough to think one is any better than the other but I've been wanting to switch because of the poor customer service I've been receiving from Dish. Brad finally agreed so it's done. I might as well save a little money while I can.
Good night!

Jess
#356 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 11:36:51 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Have a delightful day!

Deb~Did H like the bars too? Brad thought they were too sweet but everyone else didn't!

Renate~I think I've learned a lesson with her and the next time I'm asked to do something, I'm going to try real hard to say no!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#357 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:20:31 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, having a nice visit, fun day yesterday... we crafted for hours on hours. Would have stayed longer but my friend had Bible school last night (all this week) and she helps in the kitchen.

Renate, so sorry I didn't spell your name correct in my last post.....congrats on the new DIL to be....have fun at lunch....and getting the computer up to date...what are you making at A's?

Jess hubby much prefers the chocolate pudding I make to any dessert out there.....but he did like the bars...think my crust cooked a bit too long as it is a little hard, probably should sit them out for 30 mins before eating....but I loved them..

Hello to all that check in...cousin picking her uncle up this morning, they are going to see her cousin who has ALS, confined to a wheel chair...then tomorrow we are making a library run and lunch I think...she may leave Thursday and head toward Montgomery and stop to visit her mom....

Better get busy and check those 'green peanuts' boiling....oh my, I am going to do some serious eating....I love them...and they are 'fresh from the fields' too....yummy.....

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:57:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#358 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:47:14 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning..another day of too much to do, so I am trying to be focused. HOT HOT HOT here and miserable.
Jess, I am in total agreement with the others re the cards. I hope you can stand your ground in the future. People just don't get it sometimes.
Deb, what a great day you had with your cousin yesterday. Eldest dd's family all like boiled peanuts, but not me. Jim has eaten them, but not sure how much he cares for them.
Renate, I have not even began on the pictures yet. I have the society meeting in Maine to get ready for, which includes a newsletter that needs to be set out this week and a trifold that will have to be printed for handouts to be distributed while in Maine. I also have my reports to put together.
However, I have spent a little time thinking about the old pics and the people in them. One picture is labeled "Nellie and mother". Those were the words of my grandfather (written by my aunt on the back). Nellie was his mother, which tells me that "mother" would have meant Nellie's mother. So the picture is my g grandmother Nellie, with her mother Harriet, (my gg grandmother). Some pictures are labeled with names and/or just relationships. I have a feeling that maybe my grandfather might not have known some of the names, or didn't remember.
Sorry to have rambled about that bit of info. Putting these puzzles together is what I LOVE to do though.
Gramma, that is too funny about Maggie letting go at the sound of the camera.
I need to get moving here and finish tidying the top floor, before it gets too warm. I need to print some pictures to send to my Mom. I also want to call today and see how the Dr visit on Fri went and the physical therapy yesterday. There has been continued improvement, so I am hoping for more good news.
Will chat more later after I accomplish a few things.
RGK Offline
#359 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:31:14 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle mates,
Hot hot hot here too, we hit 90 and will again tomorrow.
Jess, I hope you feel less stressed today. I agree with Pat that some people just don't get it. Hey maybe next time you are tempted to say yes run it by this group first and get our input?? I'm not doing any outdoor projects, too hot for that.
Deb, how wonderful to spend many hours with a nice person doing what you love to do. I took a class making a "Sn@pshot" album, it's one of those 6"x8" ring binders and came with different pocket pages (photo protectors)and embellished pages. It was an A kit, "Snapshot of a happy life". I think it was the last workshop and I really wanted to make it. They sell the album by itself but the whole kit was only available in the class. I didn't see my name mis-spelled, but if I missed it, no problem.
Pat, I can see how exciting it is to get to know family members from so long ago, especially when you find the puzzle pieces. Is anyone else in your family interested in their heritage? Glad your mom is continuing her improvement. Hope today's news are good.
I was filing papers early this morning before I went to A's. Then, this afternoon, I sorted some of my scrap paper (I never need to buy another piece...)and picked out a stack of paper I will use for my CFS cards. To continue with the paper theme for today I will do a page or two in the baby album and safe the scanning for tomorrow, b/c it involves sorting and backing up and I don't feel like doing it tonight.
How's everyone else doing tonight? Hello's to Joanne, Phyllis, Gramma...
Renate
#360 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:40:41 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! Hope today treats everyone well!

Jess