Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricutLadyBug Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 7:19:14 PM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I am a subscriber to Northridge Publishing's Cricut Magazine and Cricut Create (Unfortunately). When they sent out the letter they were going digital I was not happy. The email said those who subscribed would receive June and July then the rest would be digital. Well I have not received June as yet let alone July. Neither did I get a digital copy. I have written many emails to them and get no reply. Anyone thinking of getting a digital subscription think twice. I have read others complaints in yahoo digests. Horrible customer service they have and they have the nerve to look for more customers when they don't know how to treat the ones they had.

2 users thanked CricutLadyBug for this useful post.
jenny dennis on 7/13/2013(UTC), gonescrappin' on 7/13/2013(UTC)
jenny dennis Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:23:29 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 18201 time(s) in 4363 post(s)
I didn't recieve mine either, didnt think I was charged (mine was a month to month) turns out I was charged I called and was told I could view it digitally and given the password. To bad the password dosn't work the girl was also VERY rude! I don't know what has happened to them I have subscribed to cricut magazine from the get go and a couple of times not got it I just called they were very nice and sent another one. Not so much nice going on now! I just hate it to I really liked my magazines but will not give them another dime.Crying
 2 users thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 7/13/2013(UTC), mfrohock1c0ec43e on 7/14/2013(UTC)
gonescrappin' Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

United States

Was thanked: 9847 time(s) in 4957 post(s)
I agree. CS has been pretty bad these days with the crafting publications.

I am dropping my subscription to them, Creating Keepsakes and Papercrafts. I don't like digital and I don't appreciate getting a 63 page pamphlet in the mail that has mostly advertising, then being told by CK that I should get "used to it" because this is new way everything works. The full magazine is online and that's how everyone reads their magazines now. I guess I am the "only one" left in this world who still reads paper magazines and books according to the CS at CK. Huh

I have subscriptions to CK and Papercrafts until 2016. At least my Northridge Publishing is due to expire anyway. I'll just cancel the credit card they have on file so they can't auto subscribe me again.
 3 users thanked gonescrappin' for this useful post.
BJR on 7/14/2013(UTC), jenny dennis on 7/14/2013(UTC), mfrohock1c0ec43e on 7/14/2013(UTC)
marshahaak Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2013 5:51:20 PM(UTC)
marshahaak

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I too have canceled my subscription to Cricut mag and Cards mag. I was given a gift card to craftjunction.com for the balance. That's fine BUT my credit is for $180 and they mostly just have paper and embellishments---who can use that much? I wanted the ebosser but it's out of stock and they aren't getting any more in. It took about a month to get the credit but it finally cvame through. If you're having trouble, just call or get on live chat and ask for Craig. VERY nice man and will get the job done for you.

Good luck!
 2 users thanked marshahaak for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 7/14/2013(UTC), mfrohock1c0ec43e on 7/14/2013(UTC)
jenny dennis Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:52:40 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Originally Posted by: gonescrappin' Go to Quoted Post
I agree. CS has been pretty bad these days with the crafting publications.

I am dropping my subscription to them, Creating Keepsakes and Papercrafts. I don't like digital and I don't appreciate getting a 63 page pamphlet in the mail that has mostly advertising, then being told by CK that I should get "used to it" because this is new way everything works. The full magazine is online and that's how everyone reads their magazines now. I guess I am the "only one" left in this world who still reads paper magazines and books according to the CS at CK. Huh

I have subscriptions to CK and Papercrafts until 2016. At least my Northridge Publishing is due to expire anyway. I'll just cancel the credit card they have on file so they can't auto subscribe me again.

I to only like paper books and magazines, I like to make notes on the pages highlight stuff.and don't always want to run to the computer for everything. I think there are alot of our kind out thereLOL
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
gonescrappin' on 7/14/2013(UTC)
gonescrappin' Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:46:47 AM(UTC)
gonescrappin'

United States

Was thanked: 9847 time(s) in 4957 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jennydennis Go to Quoted Post
I to only like paper books and magazines, I like to make notes on the pages highlight stuff.and don't always want to run to the computer for everything. I think there are alot of our kind out thereLOL

LOL We are the outcasts of the digital society! LOL LOL LOL LOL Soon we will be setting up reading colonies where we read books, magazines and newspapers made of (gasp!) paper! Maybe we can call it something like "a library". LOL LOL LOL
 1 user thanked gonescrappin' for this useful post.
jenny dennis on 7/14/2013(UTC)
Coah'sNana Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:18:47 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18564 time(s) in 4867 post(s)
I am cancelling my subscription to Cricut magazine when it expires in December as well. Do NOT like digital magazines. Period. However I must be an in between breed because I love my Kindle for reading books. In my defense though, books are black and white and have no pictures. I've gotten the June magazine, but not July and couldn't remember if it was July or August they were going digital. The one time my magazine didn't arrive, I called and they shipped another one out within the week. I've not had to call their customer service since, but I've heard it's been pretty bad.

I also subscribe to CK & Scrapbooking & Beyond. When they go all digital or end up with most of the content online (which is probably soon if not already), I will drop those too.

So, no ladies, you are not alone.
 1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
Coah'sNana Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:20:03 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

LOL We are the outcasts of the digital society! LOL LOL LOL LOL Soon we will be setting up reading colonies where we read books, magazines and newspapers made of (gasp!) paper! Maybe we can call it something like "a library". LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Coah'sNana Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:22:37 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Originally Posted by: jennydennis Go to Quoted Post

I did that for awhile too until I ran out of room to save the magazines. Now the only ones I've kept are the Cricut mags. The rest I go through and clip the pics that inspire me and put them in a smash book.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:48:03 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 944 time(s) in 469 post(s)
how are men going to react when they have to wire the bathroom for internet and start taking their laptop to the throne!

I am glan I only have a couple of months left on my cm subscription. I won't be renewing either.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
jenny dennis Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:04:49 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
You are to funny!!!!
jenny dennis Offline
#12 Posted: : Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:12:02 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
I did that for awhile too until I ran out of room to save the magazines. Now the only ones I've kept are the Cricut mags. The rest I go through and clip the pics that inspire me and put them in a smash book.

Well I did forget to mention the ones I had subscriptions to went belly up before I got to many simple scrapbooks and memory makers. The only one I Had was my cricut oneCrying and I'm hanging on to those I did not get my June one dirtyCursing Cursing Cursing LOL LOL LOL made me feel a little betterLOL LOL LOL

That smash book is a good ideal tho thanksBigGrin
jennaS1 Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:26:16 AM(UTC)
jennaS1

I'm not excited that they are going all digital when I paid for a physical copy of a magazine. It's not that I mind digital subscriptions, it's the fact that I paid for one thing and am getting another. And I don't want a gift card to some other company, I want my money back.

I think it might be worth noting that Northridge Publishing and Cartridges & More are both owned by the same company, Octavo Media, LLC. Makes me very suspicious and wary of ordering and trusting the same people with my personal information.
maria2193 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:16:27 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Food for thought...

I was also super unhappy with the going digital, I did call to complain and cancel. I had the Idea Books and Cricut Magazine's, I was paying $40 for one and $50 for the other every 6 month's. I did get a refund for the idea book subscription and after logging in to look at the Cricut magazine online, because I could not get a refund for those, I realized I had an all access pass to all the magazines, which would have expired at the end of this month, I started searching through them and it was awesome to be able to go to any magazine I wanted, including old and new. Now, I am paying $7.95 a month and I have access to every single magazine that they offer (All OF THEM).

So in the end I gave in, because of the amount of access to the amount of money spent, I did decide it was worth it. I do still do and will always miss having a magazine on hand, but I also do love that I can get 15 or so magazines each month for $7.95... just saying, you might want to look into it.

Also, if any of you use the Ipad or any tablets, they will have an app to use for access, I don't think it's available yet, but she did say they are in the process of making that happen.

momto2 Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:21:23 AM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 54 post(s)
The iPad app is available. I am just concerned with them auto billing me for magazines and not being able to get them to stop. I want to buy just one to try, but I don't want them to keep trying to bill me each month. They have a bad reputation for doing this. Has anyone used the new app yet?
maria2193 Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:58:01 AM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
That is a legit concern, I too had issues with previously cancelling and getting a refund. I made sure that they sent me an email showing that they would credit my credit card, I waited on the phone with her until I received the email. They can do it right then and there. I opted not to cancel in the end, but I did get my refund. The email is proof enough for your CC company to stop future charges.

You do pay month to month and could cancel at anytime.

As far as the App, I guess it was the tablets that she was referring to, because I still can't get it on mine, hopefully soon.
stampwishes Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 9:47:55 PM(UTC)
stampwishes

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 103 post(s)
I HATE that they've gone all digital. I much prefer my magazines in print. To make matters worse, my account seems to no longer exist, which means I can't access ANY of the digital magazines that I have purchased. I just emailed customer service. We'll see what happens...
birkstu56 Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:21:37 PM(UTC)
birkstu56

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I'm not happy at all with Northridge. Guess I didn't get the email or it went to my spam folder. I just saw this topic so I thought I would check it out. I emailed Northridge and told them I didn't get my June, July, Aug. issues. They are resending my June issue but then told me that July & Aug. are only digital. They claim that I have access to all past issues and all I have to do is login---NOT. Does not work. They gave me a code to use for Aug thru Nov. which is when my subscription expires. So, I am stuck with a magazine I can't read--I can't get it to come up on my computer--I have tried it on a total of 3 other computers. Also, I don't have an iPad, so does that mean I will not be able to subscribe or get any other issues? This is not what I paid for. thanks for letting me vent.

mltd1220eaa6bea0 Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 04, 2014 6:26:24 AM(UTC)
mltd1220eaa6bea0

The saga of Northridge Publishing strikes again! I was a digital subscriber and when I tried to cancel my subscription via e-mail (several times) - no reply or action. Finally tried calling them and the "that line has been disconnected"! I contacted my bank about Northridge's automatic withdrawal from my account and I had to cancel my debit card to make sure no more charges were taken out. I loved their magazines, but enough was enough.
CricutLadyBug Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 04, 2014 7:59:20 AM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I too loved their Mag shame their customer service was was so poor. Shame on them. Sorry you too as well as the rest of us had trouble with them.
CJ