Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ken's Kreations Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:20:36 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1952 time(s) in 501 post(s)
So I have to keep telling myself GOD has a plan. So this is the toughest road I have been down in a long time. Sean and I have been together for 14 years and the past two have been the toughest. Sean was with his previous company for 11 years and everything was great. We would go on vacation, could afford to have fun, take care of bills, make donations, take care of foster kids and give back to our Spokane community. Well about 1 1/2 years ago Sean was let go from his company. They provided him with a termination package and unemployment. Even though it was tough we managed to make it. Luckily Sean found another job about 7 months ago and we were able to catch up on our bills and we were finally starting to feel normal again. Well sadly Sean lost his job again. This time the company offered no help since he had only been there under a year. He applied for unemployment and they responded that it could take 5-8 weeks for the state to decide to pay out unemployment. He is suppose to claim each week and wait for the decision by mail. Well a month has went by and we still have not heard from unemployment which means he has had no income coming in. Now at the month mark we might not be able to make our mortgage payment. In our whole time together I have never been stressed. It might come to the point where I might need to start selling some craft items including my cricut stuff just to make the mortgage payment. My last hope is the power of prayer which is the strongest. I am hoping I can turn to you ladies in my time of need to prayer for Sean and I to get past this hard point in life. Hopefully with your prayers Sean might be able to find a job soon and we can start putting things back together. If we can make it through this, we can make it through anything. I love all of you and that is why I turned to aloof you in one of my darkest days. I want to be able to sit again in myo cricut room and look around and be inspired....right now I am looking around and putting price tags on everything. Only time and prayers can lead me back to my room of inspiration.

Thank you all who took time out of your day to read my sad novel. Normally this would have been something I would have gone to my mom over, but I have not had that privledge since 2004 when my mom passed away. She is now my personal angel who I pray to every night.......hopefully she will hear your prayers too and maybe just maybe a miracle will happen.

I love all of you and I hope to come back to this room and post a project and not a cry for help. Lately I have had no inspiration, since I am so stressed. Hopefully things will go back to normal and I can once again make Kreations!

I love all of you and you will never know how each one of you have impacted my life and destiny.

Thanks for reading

Ken
JustJudi Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 12:30:45 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 698 post(s)
Praying for you...
 1 user thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 7/15/2013(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 12:48:10 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1223 time(s) in 698 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
So I have to keep telling myself GOD has a plan.
Thanks for reading

Ken

Huh Life would be so much easier if we only knew his plan....."God brought you to it, God will get you through it."
You'll be in my prayers.
Scared Several months ago my job was on the line, I was freaking out! I too thought about selling all my crafts....but I held my breath and prayed real hard and I was spared. It was a wake up call for me though. I really took a long hard look at EVERYTHING and all my excess crafts and finally decided what I don't or haven't used has to go (be sold) I sold all my SU cardstock - yes, I used it but it was expensive and Recollections is just as good and cheaper. I don't stamp anymore so all my stamps were sold and with no stamps all my inks went too. I don't buy crafts just to buy....I buy only what I need NOT what I want!!!! BIG SAVINGS there...At work just for fun I was always making something to take in a 3d project filled with candy for everyone (about 50-70) CHA CHING! that adds up, it has to be a major holiday for now on (more savings). I'm making ruffled scarfs for the ladies in the family plus extras to SELL at work or a craft show, I'm making Boa scarfs for the children/men in the family plus extras to sell. I've put my self on a life/craft budget and after about 6 months I have a very nice nest egg (savings acct) building up. I am so proud of myself!!! Huh there's been some major changes again at work this past 2 weeks and everyone is walking on egg shells again...............
You do what you have to do. Your a SUPER CREATIVE CRAFTER maybe you could open a etsy( whatever its called) store and sell your crafts that you create, instead of actually selling your craft stuff.
Crying CRYING cleanses the soul and renews our faith....because we realize the burden is too much and we turn it over to God. So cry all you want...God is listening and I am too.
LOL Now put your trust in God and get in that craftroom and create something... to sell....LOL LOL ....
 3 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
DBCMC on 7/15/2013(UTC), Ken's Kreations on 7/15/2013(UTC), ArcadiaFLNative on 7/15/2013(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 3:12:05 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3042 time(s) in 1831 post(s)
Ken, I will be praying for you and Sean. I am blessed to be able to stay ay home with my three sons, while my DH works a full time job. I do bring in money with substitute teaching, card making, and childcare, but nothing that is dependable. We make what others call sacrifices, but I prefer to see as blessings. We do not go on vacation, we take advantage of local sites and activities. We do not go out to eat or to movies or to anything much.....I have become an amazing cook, if I do say so myself. Our vehicles are 15 and 10 years old, and that is with 3, soon to be 4, drivers in the household. I shop at yard sales and Goodwill, eBay and Craig's List. We call it treasure hunting, and my DH found my Cricut that way. My sons have learned that clothing is something you wear, not a company you advertise for, or something in which to be seen. They have always worn hand me downs, again we call them blessings, and I set the example by wearing second hand clothing as well. We tithe to our church and give to some local charities.....not what we would like to, but what we can. I am not saying we do not have perks....I have luxuries, but they are prioritized. My husband manages to get many electronic items at a discount through his work, so we have nice phones and computers. My in-laws shower us with blessings, always something practical and useful though, rather than a fad toy or a temporary satisfaction. I managed to make enough money cardmaking to recently visit BCSQ....the first time I had been away from my guys. My healthcare bills have really caught us up short in the last few years, or we would be sitting pretty, so to speak. I have had to decrease the amount we give signicantly, but have tried to give my time instead. So, I feel like I can understand your situation a little. I know it is hard, and no one can fully understand your unique circumstances, so please do not think I am belittling them in any way. Turn to Jesus, as you are, and watch for the open windows.....a door has closed, you are standing in a hallway.....praise Him there, until he shows you the way out. I also know how difficult it is to create at times like this, your heart just is not in it. However, God gave you a talent, a gift, not to be wasted. It may lead a way to that open window. Make sure you and Sean are communicating and loving each other through this. Be thankful he can work, and pray for God's will, one of the hardest things to do, as we all want to tell God what we think the solution is. I hope I am being helpful. Blessings, GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
BJR Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:53:35 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
My prayers are with you both. I too wish I could just call my Mom to ask for help. For us its just me my Dh and my son. We've lost all our family. For me I have been ill without any idea of what's wrong for 1 1/2 years. Suddenly throw in pain. I know we all go thru tough times but do have Faith and look into all the ways you an hold on until it gets better. I have been a SAHM(stay at home mom) for years, throwing in medical bills is a pain, I though have always used coupons at the store and watched for the best way to save mony for my family. You can call the newspaper, cable and even the phone company and ask for a better savings plan. In the past I lowered the insurance on our house and cars because of the insurance score we have and keeping policies linked together. Try for a cheaper checking account at the back. It may be a pain or easy but it is worth it to save the dollars. Good luck and my prayers for you both to have it better soon. BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
scrappymom Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 6:54:08 AM(UTC)
scrappymom

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Prayers to you. You are very talented, selling some of your creations may help out.
 1 user thanked scrappymom for this useful post.
Leanner Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 7:36:40 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1593 time(s) in 1176 post(s)
You are in my thoughts! I hope that things turn around soon
 1 user thanked Leanner for this useful post.
motherloves3 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 7:58:00 AM(UTC)
motherloves3

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 191 post(s)
Ken,
You and Sean are in my thoughts. I hope things turn around for you. In tough times I know I would like to have my Mom to talk too but she has been gone for 18years.

Your projects are always so beautiful and hopefully you will be back to creating them soon. I love to see what you have made because your creativity is amazing.

Take care. We are all here to listen when you need friends.
 1 user thanked motherloves3 for this useful post.
SouthernVintage Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 8:29:31 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 802 time(s) in 714 post(s)
My prayers and God's blessings to you both!
 1 user thanked SouthernVintage for this useful post.
Buglovindiana Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:18:33 AM(UTC)
Buglovindiana

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I haven't signed in here for a long time but your post broke my heart. The stress can really get to you and there really is no way to get rid of it except for a job to come along. My daughter is in a similar situation and I am stressed for her.
There is a saying that I love and keep saying frequently. "If you worry you don't trust, if you trust you don't worry."
I will be praying for you and Sean. Good luck and god bless!!
Diana
 1 user thanked Buglovindiana for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 9:26:53 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1556 time(s) in 1246 post(s)
My prayers for you both! I pray that Sean soon finds the job that he is supposed to have, and that you can figure out a way to use the gift of creativity that you have to help with your financial situation!

We have always been a one income famiy. My DH was a HS teacher for 31 years so obviously not a high paying job, and retired two years ago. Now, we have to pay our own health insurance with a HIGH out of pocket expense. Since December, DH has had two surgeries with week long hopsital stays with both of them, I had surgery, DH was in the hospital again for another week, and two of our daughters got married. Talk about a financial strain!

So again, prayers for you.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
LaLaLand Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 3:51:41 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I'm sorry to read your message. LIfe is so full of problems. Fortunately it sounds like you have strong faith and it will get you through. Hang in there and sending you prayers.
 1 user thanked LaLaLand for this useful post.
Jrcreate Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:41:35 AM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Ken, I am so sorry that you are struggling and feeling stressed. Please be sure that you and Sean communicate. There is the saying that if God put you thru it he will get you thru it. I will be thinking of you both! You are an amazing, giving person and I strongly believe you will be rewarded!

Thinking of you and keeping you both in my prayers!
Jeanene