Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kortneyreyes1a735745 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:54:54 AM(UTC)
kortneyreyes1a735745

Groups: Registered

I have an image that I've layered but the entire image is grayed now. All of the layers are set on "weld". I'm having to do this for several images and the first 2 worked great...now the third is grayed. If this makes sense at all to anyone, can you please help me fix the images?? Confused
SueKracker Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:35:00 AM(UTC)
SueKracker

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Are you using Craft Room? Do you want the images welded? Sometimes I find that the cut works perfectly a few times then just won't work for any more cuts and I find myself redoing everything.
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:56:26 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
did ya get it figured out? I had the same experience using CCR. I never did figure out what my problem was but when I talked to CS about the issue they taugh me a better way to weld. So I will try to explain it to you..remember this is in CCR which is so much easier to weld in that DS. I welded by dragging and dropping my letters to my mat and then touching them so they would weld (like ya do in DS). That worked several times but then one time it didn't work. I had called CS about another issue and ended up getting help on this one too.

Gena told me to use the TEXT option along the left side in CCR and type in my letters using the keyboard on my computer what I wanted to spell. Pick out the cart ya want to use, and the size. After you have it typed in...go down the menu until you see the SPACE option and keep lowering the space until all the letters are touching and welded how you want them to be. I haven't had trouble with welding words. Maybe it's time tou give CCR a try?? I was reluctant but once I tried it, I liked it better than DS.

Joyce
Gandicat Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:50:08 PM(UTC)
Gandicat

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've always had luck using DS for welding. When I've done it, I make the letters overlap a small bit and then before I cut I preview everything. That will tell you if they are going to connect or not. It's tricky, but with practice you will get it!
JeanP Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:38:56 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 892 time(s) in 724 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kortneyreyes1a735745 Go to Quoted Post
I have an image that I've layered but the entire image is grayed now. All of the layers are set on "weld". I'm having to do this for several images and the first 2 worked great...now the third is grayed. If this makes sense at all to anyone, can you please help me fix the images?? Confused

Not quite sure what you mean by grayed.
You are trying to weld using design studio?

Each image just has to overlap a little and have weld clicked for each image.
You can click Preview to see how it will cut.