Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

twget Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:32:12 PM(UTC)
twget

Groups: Registered

I am getting ready to throw my cricut out a window!! it will ONLY cut in "real" size. If I want to cut in relative size, I have to go back and manually adjust each and every letter to the proper height. I used to be able to just set the first letter and each letter after would be the same but it won't do that anymore. I've rebooted and also reset it back to factory settings and installed all the updates again. It just won't work right. Finally, I started using the CCR but the reliability of that with the Imagine is less than desirable. Any advice is appreciated.
EstherWheat Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Don't throw it out the window!!! I would call ProvoCraft tomorrow as soon as they open and see what they have to tell you. Good luck! Take a deep breath and hum a happy song!!!
 1 user thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
MissScrapAlot on 7/21/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 2:24:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8315 time(s) in 4911 post(s)
It might be a glitch in the system at any given time. I have never had problems with that feature....unless, after I have all the layers that go together on the screen and try to adjust one of them. YOU DO HAVE TO select all image layers that belong to that one image before you make any adjustments, if adjustments are needed after you initially place the layers of your image on the first mat layer.

So, you place all the layers on the screen that go with that one image and then SELECT all of them to RESIZE them. To select all of them, place them on the screen so they are close together (sometimes, if I'm going to make them all 5X7 or a lot bigger than they can all fit on one screen, I place them on top of each other).

THEN, by going to the upper most left corner and placing your cursor and holding down the left click and DRAGGING the mouse all the way to the lower most right corner of all the layers that go together TO GET THE HANDLES/BOX AROUND THE IMAGES/LAYERS when you unclick......you can then place the mouse cursor in the lower right circle/corner and DRAG the corner in and out until you see that the main image of all the layers is the size you want it to be.

THEN, YOU CAN GO LEFT CLICK IN THE CENTER OF THE IMAGES YOU PLACE DON TOP OF EACH OTHER, if you placed them on top of each other and using the upper left circle/corner, drag that image off the others and place it where you need it.

If the images are too big to all fit on that one mat layer, you will need to move some over to the second mat layer. If you need help with this, let us know. Someone can walk you through.

If I didn't explain this too good, let us know that, too. Someone can help you understand it.

Char

Edited by user Monday, July 22, 2013 2:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 2:48:04 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7913 time(s) in 3710 post(s)
When using the Imagine by itself...

Place your images in the virtual mat and press Next

Press the Apply All button

Click in the Relative size box then use the +/- keys to change the size.

Press Apply

Change any other settings if required and press Next to cut your project.

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
twget on 7/27/2013(UTC)
twget Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:51:28 PM(UTC)
twget

Thanks everyone! I took a few days off from the machine. I really don't know why all of a sudden the other letter wouldn't follow suit from the first one like they always have. I haven't tried any of your suggestions yet, but I will tomorrow.

I really, and I mean REALLY regret trading my Pink Expression for this piece of crap Imagine :(