Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<1112131415>»
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#361 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:46:30 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Morning Castle
I am packed and ready to go to Nashville and the Creating Keepsakes Convention. We will do at least one crop and lots of shopping. We are taking a class on creating your own paper and it promises to be messy as they told us to bring aprons and gloves! We took the boat out yesterday and tied up to a restaurant in a marina for lunch. It was a little too windy and the ride was rather bumpy but she handled it well.
Jess - I am with rest of the castle on those thank you cards and will join in with a resounding NO, SORRY, I CAN'T next time you have trouble with at little word!!! Sounds like a bit of a bridezilla to me!
Phyllis - how is your trip going? The Rays have managed to climb to 2nd place. Being in the same division as the Red Sox and Yankees is never easy, but they are holding their own.
Deb- I always find something at Tuesday Morning. Last visit I found some metal dies and the time before a heavy duty chipboard cutter - on clearance! I chuckled when I saw "Rebate" as my iPad used to do the auto correct thing to Renate also. Apparently it has now figured it out who she is :).
Renate - do I see another trip to Germany for research in your future? Are you teaching the workshop at A's? Very cool!
Pat - cards were Fedexed on Monday so you should get them today. How fun to put faces to all those names! Hope the news from CA is good. Are you glad that you went after all the worry about it all?
Gramma - that little puppy is just too cute for words! Funny that she doesn't like her photo taken. Our Maggie (a Scottie) didn't either. Most of the pictures in my dog scrapbook are of the back of her head! I laughed at her napping pic on FB - her tiger is as big as she is!
Have a great rest of the week.
Joanne
Gramma Offline
#362 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:44:13 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Lord have Mercy!!! It is so stinking hot I'm ready to have DH hose me down with the garden hose. No relief in site until the weekend according to weather nerds... EGAD! The humidity index today was 101%.. heat advisory out for some of the northwestern counties near Lake Ontario.

Maggie has decided the fan is her best friend for now... matter of fact I have one pointed at her sleeping/napping crate and she sleeps/naps a lot.

Going to hop over to the sign up thread and see what the new challenge is... guessing Christmas related. Hope so, I just received a bunch of new Christmas papers in the mail today.

Hope everyone is keeping cool as they can..

Hugz,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#363 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:47:13 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
hi ladies,
another hot day here too, it's about 92 right now.
Joanne, have fun at the convention, your paper-making class and buying stuff you absolutely have to have. Glad the boat passed the wind test. - They have German ancestry websites too, a good place to start. Of course it would be more fun to go there and research, but also expensive. No plans just now. I took the class at Archivers, only the employees teach. Once we got all the cutting done we did the assembly with the help of instructions and a sample book. There is a page for every month of the year. I will have to decide on the pictures, probably of the grands.
I'm also working on the baby album. I'm only up to the letter "E" so far.
Gramma, it's funny how 2.something#s of fur can entertain grownups for hours. She is so cute with a personality to match. I am thinking Christmas as well, ideas are running through my head...
The afghan is done, except for the yarn ends, need to weave them in. It turned out pretty good size. I did some minor shopping this morning, worked on my folder backup on the pc and then went with dh to Outback for dinner. We have restaurant gift cards the kids gave us and it's time to use them. No cooking in this heat is a good thing.
Jess, how did MOW go for you? Any time for a nap today? I see that you are sharing the heat wave with most of the country. Take it easy...Any plans for the weekend, maybe some R&R at the chateau?
Hello to anyone stopping by. Stay cool!!Renate
housefullofrotties Offline
#364 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:33:05 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy Thursday! What a long week this has been. Have a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#365 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:07:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Deb, Happy Birthday to you !!!!!
Love
 1 user thanked imnchghere for this useful post.
Dbson on 7/18/2013(UTC)
Dbson Offline
#366 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:29:23 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning, thanks Pat...it is going to be a great day today.....lots of cards, FB postings and brother brought me a cake yesterday....very tasty too.

Cousin and I have been to the library a couple times, by the cemetery and took me to lunch yesterday....it was great...funny story to this place in its past life.....was a 'brothel'.....but it is a beautiful old building and they have wonderful food. I am headed to do a bit of housework while she is gone to the courthouse in the next county (actually it is about one block from where I work) in Heflin. I need to get the bulletin done today also. Most likely hubby will take me out to eat tomorrow after she heads home....

Hope everyone has a great day...Pat how wonderful to actually see the faces of your ancestors.....I see Joanne is at CKC having fun.....Phyllis should be enjoying PF....Renate is off this week and working away at albums.....Jess I know you are still at work....how did you decide to handle the bridal issue.....Gramma sorry about the humidity....is Maggie adjusting to her new home well?

I am off to get busy.....later.....
RGK Offline
#367 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:02:55 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Deb....hope your BIRTHDAY has been great. Happy Birthday and many many more!!!!!!!

RGK Offline
#368 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:19:30 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello castle,
Deb, did you do anything special to celebrate your birthday today? Enjoy your dinner out with hubby tomorrow.
I spent most of this afternoon working on my CFS Christmas cards. I'll work on the album another day. Too hot to do anything outside. When it cools down a little there will be weed-spraying and weeding to do. We haven't had any rain in a while so at least the grass hasn't grown much.
How is everyone else, besides trying to stay cool? I hate to see the next electric bill, the a/c is running almost non-stop, but what can you do?
Well, back to card-making. Good evening to all, Renate
#369 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:17:15 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Birthday, Deb! Hope you are having a great day! I didn't remember about your birthday until I got to work. I was able to FB you but couldn't login to the MB! Sure sounds like you're having a nice time with your cousin.

Renate~How has your time off been? I wish the weather was a little milder so you could do things outside. Even when you like your job it's always nice to not be at work though! My electric bill is not going to be pretty either.

Joanne~Have fun at the convention and happy shopping! I'm sure you'll find a few goodies!

Pat~I see you're squeezing in some fun research/photo time. Hope you have a good update on your mom.

Gramma~LOL at Maggie enjoying the fan. Lita lays in front of the vents for the AC and the cat lays in front of them in the winter!!

Phyllis~Hope you're having a delightful time!

This week has been super busy. Directv was here for 4.5 hours yesterday doing the install. Dish was here for a few minutes doing the uninstall. They better follow through on crediting my account correctly. Got the house clean so next week shouldn't be as stressful. Will work my 40 hours in four days and my family comes in on Thursday. Working on the ugly thank you cards. I woke up this morning as crabby as I was the other day. I told my sis and she's mad too. I told her she didn't need to be, that I was mad enough for about a dozen people! Brad doesn't have to work tomorrow so he and Lita went up to the chateau this afternoon. I think I'm going up right from work tomorrow. Need to get a few things together since I'm too pokey in the morning to do it. Have a good night!

Jess

#370 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 12:38:23 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#371 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 5:39:42 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday.....
Yes, been a great week....great birthday too....lots of cards, calls and online greetings....thank you all....just left over's for supper last night since my cousin had been at the court house all day, she had a late lunch and none of us were really hungry. She is getting ready to head south about 8 or so...stopping by the nursing home to see about her mom (2 hours south) and depending on her mental state (doesn't always know who is there) she will visit a while and head home or may visit a long time and spend the night a bit further south.
Hope to check back in later, need to get a few things going so I can catch up on the house chores.
imnchghere Offline
#372 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 8:13:10 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. getting ready to call it a night so we can go walk in the morning. I am not sure how well I will do but Jim is determined to improve his distance/time.
Spent most of today studying a couple pictures of groups of people. I hope to identify everyone eventually. I have a plan.
We have more more hot/humid weather tomorrow. We might get some nasty storms tomorrow night due to a cold front passing through. Hopefully cooler weather next week.

Deb, so glad you had a great birthday. And a fun time with your cousin.
Jess, hope you can relax a bit at the chateau.
Hope everyone else is staying cool and has a good weekend.
Gramma Offline
#373 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:39:49 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates! Finally a cool spell has arrived in WNY. It stormed last night but is supposed to clear up this afternoon in time for youngest DGD's 3rd birthday party (maybe wishful thinking?).

Maggie has a new favorite toy... Toby Keith would love her antics with the "Red Solo Cup."

DGS spent the night last night, going to party with us this afternoon and then back to Camp. He seems to be loving it.

Hope this cooler weather has reached more than us in WNY.

Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#374 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:16:14 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Good afternoon, we have had way more rain today and sadly flooding again behind us...not sure who is going to fix that problem but someone sure needs to try. Saw the state at the bridge a couple weeks ago talking with two owners of property the little ditch runs thru.... Did a little work in the apt, got the rugs vacuumed and down, floors cleaned up too... My work days are changed to Aug 1 and 2 so I have a lot of errands to run next week....

Gramma little Miss Maggie is too cute, love the Red Solo Cup song, plus really like Toby Keith's singing too.....

Pat saw you were getting a walk in...the pictures you have are priceless....

Phyllis are you home yet? How is Cody?

Renate your week off has come to an end, did you get lots of things done?

Jess how is your weekend going?

Joanne is probably having fun in Nashville, hope you got some good buys and learned some new things in class....

I am off to get a shower since the weather seems to have moved on, thank goodness....later....

Edited by user Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:39:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#375 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:35:02 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday, hope you all have a great day. Not sure what we might do after church but sure need to be productive whatever it is.....later....
imnchghere Offline
#376 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:35:28 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday Morning... Nasty storms rolled through last night. Our internet is out this am. Since everything here is underground, I am not sure if it is just us or the neighborhood. Even my phone is constantly scanning. Right now I have everything connected to the aircard. We had lots of lightning and heavy rain.

Walk yesterday was good. We actually walk with the group doing training runs for the Disney half marathon. Everyone runs/walks at their own pace, so it is nice. The park they use has benches all over. Yesterday fire dept guys were running in small groups. Anyway.. I did petty good. For me. ThumpUp
Spent more time on my pictures. There is an interesting group shot with 12 people. I have an idea who some of the people might be, but it is pure speculation. I am having to use a magnifying glass. It is also fading and the people are very small. All of these pictures are what appear to be actually proofs. Most have studio info on the backs and it says "copies are available". They were also taken at at least a dozen different photo studios. Thankfully my grandfather knew who many of them were and my aunt got some of that info written on the backs.

I know Phyllis and Joanne are traveling. Hope they are having a fun time.
Gramma, I think I read that you have cooled down a bit.
Joanne, your cards arrived. Not sure if I mentioned that.
Deb, your area has sure taken a beating with rain. So many other areas are parched, it is a shame.
Well, I need to check the CFS thread, then get moving around here. Jim wants to go for a walk while it is cool. I need to make a list of what needs to be done. I am sure it will be LONG.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#377 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:40:03 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello everyone. Got home yesterday afternoon. My friend left this morning. Had a great time but ready to slow down a bit. My body just wears out too quick anymore. It was hot down there too but it was worse here at home according to DH. It is cooling down here after some rain. I will try and catch up later, I've read some but I'll read the rest later. I have to get to the store and get some laundry detergent and get some laundry done Angry .
#378 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:24:14 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Deb~Glad you had a good birthday!

Pat~Glad you had a good walk! You do have quite the project with those photos. At least it's fun stuff for you!

Gramma~Hope the party went well!

Phyllis~Good to see you made it home safely. Did you have a good time?

My weekend was fine. A little realxing mixed with a little work. Monday hasn't started and I'm already feeling overwhelmed with what this week is bringing me. Have a nice evening!

Jess
RGK Offline
#379 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:10:18 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Sunday evening castle mates,
It seems everyone had a good weekend.
Jess, sleep well so you are rested when you start another busy week. Glad you had a partially relaxing weekend. Is your tv working ok? Hope you get better service. My time off so far went too fast. It never cooled off enough to do some weeding etc, but today it was not too hot and I did cut the grass.
Deb, glad you had a great birthday. You didn't mention hubby taking you out, is that still planned? I'm off one more day and then back to work on Tuesday. I just know I'll be swamped.
Pat, I think it's great that you and Jim go on your daily walks. It's a nice together-time and good for your health. Glad you are finding some names on the back of pictures, can anyone in the family help with the un-identified people?
Gramma, Maggie seems to be your full-time entertainment. I like Toby Keith too, he does a lot for the troops.
Phyllis, welcome home, glad you had a great time. Yes, we are all slowing down some. How's Cody?
I've been busy with Christmas cards. Today I found a channel on tv that brought old sit-coms, and they showed Christmas in July episodes. Fit right in with my card-making. Yesterday DS and fiance came for dinner, a little help with the repaired pc and just visiting. It was a nice afternoon.
I'm going to assemble a few more cards and then call it quits. I did a lot of embossing and some cutting so far. I have a box of cards ready to mail tomorrow, gotta give dh the box and custom label to fill out...
good rest of the evening. Renate

#380 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:35:37 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! Have a fun filled day!

Renate~Enjoy your last day off. Smart thinking not going back on a Monday! Not enough sleep for me, neighborhood kids were having fun outside! Not their fault I tried to go to bed early!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#381 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 5:34:34 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, what another rainy night last night.....got my hour walk in this morning and need to head to dress for the dental appt later today.
Renate we decided to go out another day since we had so much food last week....I had done a pork roast, chicken, salad fixings, etc. Enjoy your last day off....
Pat those old pics are wonderful....
Jess saw those 'silly' pics on FB.....looks like fun was had by all....sorry about lack of sleep..so I see a nap in your future today?
Phyllis I need time to recover now too...and to be honest, I love to go but not like I did in the past. Saw one of the retreats had some openings, but my heart isn't in going this year. Hope you got some rest and Cody is doing okay this week too....
Gramma did Maggie finally 'catch' that red cup?
Joanne are you home yet?
I best get busy this morning....lots of errands before and after the dentist....later....
imnchghere Offline
#382 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 5:01:22 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. quick fly by here. I am limiting my usage of the air card for internet. Verizon will be here in the morning to fix everything. Using my phone is ok for reading, but not posting.

The weather here is wearing thin. I am ready for a break and less humidity.
Thanks for all the compliments on the old pics. I am having a good time with them.
Tonight I am sealing up 2 boxes to ship to my unit tomorrow. I also have pages for the society album that need to be finished.
I am so not ready for the meeting or the trip.
Will be back tomorrow afternoon.
RGK Offline
#383 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 5:43:19 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello ladies,
Deb, got all those errands done? What's on your agenda for tomorrow?
Pat, hope you Verizon problem will be a thing of the past tomorrow. I can understand you not being ready for the meeting/trip, you just got home! How long will you be gone?
Jess, ready for day 2 this week? Hope you got some rest.
Phyllis, is your electric issue completely taken care of now? How are the fur balls?
Gramma, has your fur ball come up with any new entertainment?
Joanne, are you still on your trip?
Today the weather was not as hot and humid. I cleaned up most of the rock garden weeds this evening and was attacked by an invisible swarm of mosquitoes. I swear I did not see one of them! I need to remember to set the alarm clock tonight and get up early....
My CFS box is ready to be mailed tomorrow afternoon.
Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
#384 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 11:36:20 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. Looks like everyone is keeping plenty busy. Have a delightful day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#385 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:08:10 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Just a quick hello. Verizon came/gone.. everything is fixed and they will do a software update this afternoon if needed. I may lose service for 15 mins. Service tech was great.
Trying to work on the pages for the society album. Would like to get them done. I should have worked on them over the weekend. My bad.Crying
Renate, we are going to be gone less than a week. I think we are leaving Tue or Wed, be home Sun or Mon. I just have a lot of prep to do for the meeting.
Need to move myself downstairs. Hope everyone is having a great day.
~Phyllis~ Offline
#386 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:03:05 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. A little warm here today but not as bad. I've been out to Lowes and Home Depot today looking at new cabinets for the utility room, bought a new sink, a 10" deep stainless steel, hope it's big enough for the dogs' baths. It's a little squeeze for Scooter but Cody fits fine.Just need some unfinished cabinets, nothing fancy, just need something to hide all the junk.

Cody is doing about the same, he is eating better, probably because I'm not putting his pills in his food anymore, guess he could smell the medicine. I'm having to force it down his throat now. He coughs a lot and does some throwing up but his activity (although not much) is still the same.

Pat, glad Verizon took care of you. Hope your upcoming trip is fun and not too stressful.

Jess, hope your day is going well. Sorry the kids kept you awake. Yes, we did have a good time on vacation, just a lot of walking that I'm not used to, LOL.

Deb, hope you're rested up from your company. I'm not sure if we'll be going back next year or not.

Renate, I need to start on my Christmas cards also, maybe I can find some old Christmas shows on TV like you did.

Joanne, are you back from your scrapbooking convention yet?

Gramma, glad you're getting some cooler temps too, after last week we sure can use them. How is little Maggie doing?

Guess I'll get off here, a big storm is brewing outside, guess it will send DH home from fishing.
Dbson Offline
#387 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:18:15 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy 'wet' Tuesday afternoon....rain, rain and more rain today.....got another 3 mile walk this morning, about 50 minutes...decided to stay in with all the rain and thunder today. My friend had a Bible she needed me to do some 'name work on', cut a frame in gold vinyl and her name in burgandy vinyl. Not sure how long it will stay but I can always redo. Then I worked on a sign for my back doorbell, no soliciting with some other wording. Nothing fancy but it should get their attention....had a time with some of the vinyl cuts at first. I see some of the wording should have been spaced a bit better, but oh well.....

Phyllis glad you shared news on Cody....we are not planning to make a trip to the mountains this year, as of now. We are thinking about going to 'Crusin the Coast', big big car show in MS in Oct...we have been a couple other times years ago and if we go it will be early in the week...way too many folks later in the week/weekend time...oh, did you see the new stuff for the C? Stamp material...watched a you tube on it this afternoon.

Pat glad you got the internet issue taken care of. Love seeing those old pictures too. Hope you get the society work 'done'.

Jess how was your work day?

Renate was it hard getting back to your job? Were you swamped?

Hello to Gramma and Joanne....need to go finish up supper and get a shower in between these storms.....later....

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:06:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~Phyllis~ Offline
#388 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:57:13 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Deb, cute sign, did you use outdoor vinyl, that stuff holds up really well. I did see the video on the stamp material, is it on the market yet? I will be interested in trying that. The trip to the car show should be fun.
Dbson Offline
#389 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis it is the 651 vinyl, but in my garage so it won't get wet. I saw the 'kit' and 'mat' are out of stock, but there was 'material' in stock....sadly they probably won't get it in before the 40% sale goes off....which I need to go spend the rest of my subscription this month....
RGK Offline
#390 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:33:30 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening,
Pat, glad your Verizon stuff is fixed, even better that you had great customer service. Hope you are getting your society work done quickly. Are you doing anything outside, how are the gnats this year?
Phyllis, are you going to have help installing the cabinet and sink? I like cabinets to hide stuff in. In our laundry area we could have a hanging cabinet. Right now there's just a shelf. No room for anything else. Glad to hear that Cody is doing ok. Would he take the meds with peanut butter or cream cheese? It was so fun watching Christmas shows while making the cards....
Deb, that's a great sign. Hope it keeps the solicitors away.. Yes to both of your work questions..
I saw the sale too but did not watch the tutorial.

I mailed the box today. Still need to send an email to let the CPT know the box is on the way. We had a light dinner tonight, just spaghetti with butter/cheese and a salad. I am tired. It'll be an early night. Hello to everyone...Renate