Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

r.mcilwaineed16df0b Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:08:45 AM(UTC)
r.mcilwaineed16df0b

Groups: Registered

Hi from Belfast Northern Ireland. Back in July I tried to update my E2 and eventually gave up in frustration after trying everything. A few weeks ago my friend said she had updated hers no problem, so to day I bit the bullet, tried again and am still having problems.

My E2 screen says "connected", but my Cricut sync on computer screen which is like a green barber pole keeps rotating and says "connecting to Expression 2" is it actually doing anything and if not help please.
bridgetvictorbd529c43 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:43:44 AM(UTC)
bridgetvictorbd529c43

I just got mine and I'm having an issue updating too. I'm waiting til Monday to call customer support.
srtist648d0b34 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:53:23 AM(UTC)
srtist648d0b34

Same problem here. Terribley frustrating. Please someone help, I have tried everything!Mad
Coah'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:03:59 AM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17989 time(s) in 4743 post(s)
Hi there. Sorry you are having a tough time updating.

There are a couple of things you can try.

1) use a different USB port on your computer (make sure it is NOT a USB hub)
2) If you are using an antivirus program on your computer, try temporarily disabling it. If
that works, then you can add the Cricut Sync software to your exception list going forward.

If neither of the above help, you should contact customer support tomorrow. HTH
bearyamazing8c414ee2 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:54:43 PM(UTC)
bearyamazing8c414ee2

Wow! I thought it was just me! Mine was going for like two, or three days, now, connected to my other computer! I, too, gave up in frustration, back in July, 2011, when I first bought the Expression 2 Anniversary Edition. It has just been a decoration in my Craft room, since. I, too, decided to give it another go. And, I am getting frustrated all over, again! Like others, was waiting for Monday. I guess they will be busy, tomorrow! I will try with another port, etc., as suggested. How would I know which is a USB Hub?

Edited by user Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:56:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut Tanja Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:57:31 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tanja

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: r.mcilwaineed16df0b Go to Quoted Post
Hi from Belfast Northern Ireland. Back in July I tried to update my E2 and eventually gave up in frustration after trying everything. A few weeks ago my friend said she had updated hers no problem, so to day I bit the bullet, tried again and am still having problems.

My E2 screen says "connected", but my Cricut sync on computer screen which is like a green barber pole keeps rotating and says "connecting to Expression 2" is it actually doing anything and if not help please.

We would love to help you with that. Are you running your update thru the Cricut Sync? Are you connecting using a PC or a MAC? CricutTanja
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:27:05 PM(UTC)
bearyamazing8c414ee2

I'm running a PC. I just switched UCB ports (not sure what a HUB UCB is; so, hopefully, it isn't one). Anyway, I am getting the same green bar. I do not know how the update would work. Am I supposed to get the green bar; or is something else supposed to come up, when the computer and cricut is connected?
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:56:18 PM(UTC)
bearyamazing8c414ee2

Oh, and I am running the Cricut Sync; trying to update. I have the Imagine and Gypsy, also, that I still have, yet, to update, also.
CricutGena Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:53:08 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello! If you are getting a green barber pole this usually means you are not fully connected to the Sync program. You will need to make sure that you have fully installed the Sync program and the Adobe Air program. Also, if you are receiving a message to install drivers you will need to install the drivers. Additionally, if you are using an antivirus program you will need to add the Sync program and the CCRBridge.exe programs into your exceptions. This should allow you to connect to your machine and update. If you are having issues after trying these solutions please call customer service, we would be happy to assist you. Our number is 877-7cricut for the US, if you are calling from the UK please use our toll free number 0808 101 7032. I hope that this helps!
-PCGena
DianeDowns Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 10:54:32 PM(UTC)
DianeDowns

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
Hi there. Sorry you are having a tough time updating.

There are a couple of things you can try.

1) use a different USB port on your computer (make sure it is NOT a USB hub)
2) If you are using an antivirus program on your computer, try temporarily disabling it. If
that works, then you can add the Cricut Sync software to your exception list going forward.

If neither of the above help, you should contact customer support tomorrow. HTH

Just wanted to say thank you. Even after talking with Cricut Support today, I still could not update or sync ...until I tried your above two suggestions. So, can't thank you enough! BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin