Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lbolton45b03ff000 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:45:38 PM(UTC)
lbolton45b03ff000

Groups: Registered

So after two phone calls (leading to nowhere) I still am at a lost why my Cricut won't register on my Mac. I had read an awesome teaching blog where she showed the craft room and how she used her Cricut to make bulletin boards and needless to say I was hooked on the idea. After pulling out the orignal Cricut and making sure it still worked after 5 years I got right to work reading how to set it up. First, I tried my laptop which uses Microsoft and it was awful. ZoneAlarm will not let the Craft Room stay open long enough to do anything and forget turning off the program it still doesn't work! So after my Cricut was stuck in limbo I e-mailed Provo Craft and they explained how to download DesignStudio which was great because it didn't shut down every time I opened it. (Weird how one program works but the other won't) Anyways, I got it to update (had to use another desktop to get to 1.45!) but it refused to work on my Mac which I have to use at work and where I plan to take the Cricut to in the end. I called Provo Craft and this wonderful girl walked me through a million things and the result is......nothing!

So now my question is does anyone else have difficultly using the original Cricut on a MacBook? It says that the Cricut is USB active; however, it doesn't register my Craft Room software. Any ideas on what I can do?