Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<1213141516>
housefullofrotties Offline
#391 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:33:02 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good middle of the night. I feel like a zombie! Will try and check in after my perio appointment. Have a nice day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#392 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:11:40 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. I have so much to do today, and trying to stay focused. LONG to do list and it involve some running around. Would love to be able to do all the running at one time, but it won't work. Need more filler for the CFS boxes. Won't bore you all with the details.
Deb, I LOVE your sign. I need this by my front door. Not that anyone would think it pertains to them.
Big family gathering on Saturday. 13 plus Jim & I. Hoping to get everything ready by Friday, as we are doing a training run Saturday am. Need to get the deck and yard tidied up. I also need to make sure the inside is de-cluttered of piles.
Phyllis, thanks for the update on Cody. Trip itself will be fun. It is the getting ready for it that is a PITA. Have never been to Maine and we are also stopping in CT to see Jim's cousin, so it will be enjoyable.
Renate, the gnats have been bad. I would enjoy summer if it wasn't for them. There were NO gnats at my Mom's.
Hello to everyone else. Time is up for my internet break. I'll be back later.
imnchghere Offline
#393 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Just had a note from Deb and she can't log into the MB. Hope she can get in eventually. I also hope I can get this to post. I swear if it weren't for CFS.............
dbson20018f42f130 Offline
#394 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:25:00 AM(UTC)
dbson20018f42f130

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Pat I had to do a new account, not sure why I can not log in on my laptop....

Now to delete those numbers and avatar

Edited by user Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:26:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked dbson20018f42f130 for this useful post.
imnchghere on 7/24/2013(UTC)
Dbson Offline
#395 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:52:10 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Thanks for the heads up Pat on changing to Chrome with issues here....worked like a charm....anyway...

Pat I love the sign too, doubt it will help since my no soliciting at the door bell didn't work either....but it should get their attention....they last fellow 'trying to give a security system away' rant the bell, I pointed to the sign, oh he informed me it was 'free'.....

I am off to paint again, my friend gave me an extra cabinet door and I hope to use it with vinyl for my mantle this Christmas with a manger/Wise Men scene....

Have a great day, later....oh and as of yesterday Anniston had received 50 inches of rain this year.....that is a lot of water......
~Phyllis~ Offline
#396 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:44:26 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Deb, glad you were able to get in the MB. I've had to switch browsers before too.

Pat, that's a lot of mouths to feed, I'm sure you can handle it. Maine trip sounds like fun. I agree on the MB.

We picked up the cabinets at Lowes this morning, I ended up getting the white finished ones, cost more but neither of us wanted to fool with the staining and finishing of the other ones. I got 2 base and 2 wall cabinets, one is sink base. We are using a countertop from the old kitchen ones.

Renate asked if I was going to install them myself, no way could I do that, DH thought that was really funny, LOL. Renate, I know you probably could but I'm just not that good at that kind of stuff. Now to wait on DH to do the work, in between his fishing time.

Dbson Offline
#397 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:04:04 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis glad you got your cabinets, I don't think I could install those either....

Made another no soliciting sign for the front, hanging on the door for now....

Sure am glad my log in issue wasn't an emergency, got an automated 'out of office' email in reply to my message to PC support this morning....oh well....I am in using Chrome so guess I will open two browsers now....

Better get the cabinet door painted again, won't be long before time to dress for church....

Here is my second sign....

Edited by user Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:44:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#398 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:54:16 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi ladies,
Jess, are you getting any rest this afternoon? Feeling like a zombie is not good. Take care of yourself.
Deb, I've been using Chrome, did not know it made a difference. Your sign is really cool. We have a small store bought sign. Like you, we want none of the things you mention and people just don't get it. Soon the school kids will come around again. I feel bad for them having to bug people but we never allowed our kids to go around selling stuff and we won't buy from the kids here either.- Do you have a vision for the cabinet door?
Pat, what's the occasion for the big family gathering? Are you cooking or grilling? Yeah, the bugs of summer can really spoil the outdoor fun. Have you tried the no-grease "OFF" spray? I've not been to CT or Maine either but would love to see the light houses along the way.
Phyllis, no way would I attempt the installation. Sorry you have to wait for a fishing-lull. Maybe some of Deb's endless rain would help you out, or does rain not deter DH??
I need to figure out what to make for dinner.
Renate
#399 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:55:48 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello!

Pat~Glad your Verizon service was fixed. Hope you're making progress on the album.

Phylls~Good luck on the cabinet hunt. So glad to hear Cody is maintaining. Oh, I see you found your cabinets. Will it take long to fill them up? Wink

Deb~Your sign turned out great! Hope your plans for Oct work out.

Renate~How was your back to work day two? Are you making a dent in your backlog of work?

No rest for me but I only have one more thing to do on my Wednesday list of things to do. Not that more doesn't need to be done around here, I just don't feel like doing it! 31 hours in so far this week. I'm working 3-12 tomorrow and then will be off until Tuesday (busy until then too!). The Thursday list is long. Have a nice evening.

Hi Gramma and Joanne!

Jess
#400 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:40:41 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Thursday! Have a great day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#401 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:51:57 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. woke up to upper 50's. What a difference. Looking at upper 70's today. Then low 80's through the weekend. Last night I went out to feed the fish after dinner and decided to tidy up around the back yard. Surprised the bugs were not biting, so I kept on as long as I could. I moved a small pile of field stone and raked up debris from the trees. I also repositioned the table and chairs so we can use them on Saturday. I will need to wash them all down.
Renate, we try to celebrate all the summer birthdays at once. Three of the grands, son in law, and this year we are doing a Flamingo theme in honor of my sister, who's birthday is today. I got a bunch of tacky flamingo stuff at the $ store a while back. I am hoping to get some videos to share with her. We are grilling the food.

Jess, I am still working on the pages for the society album. I am having a hard time getting bck on track since the trip to CA. The disorganization in the house is getting to me and not being able to do things outside is equally aggravating. I see on FB that you are going to have a long weekend with family from CO. Enjoy!!

Phyllis, hope you can get the cabinets installed quickly. What else are you working on these days.
Hello to everyone else. I need to get moving here and make a shopping list. I picked up a few things yesterday when I was out, but I know I need other stuff. I am better to take the time to do a list.
Dbson Offline
#402 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:38:31 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good sunny morning, been a while since the sun has been out here....didn't get my walk in this morning but will burn some calories while cleaning....headed that way at 9 to start my work. Got up with a huge sinus headache, one reason I turned over at 5 and went BACK to sleep....

Friend and I are headed to Lowe's this afternoon to purchase everything we need for my bedroom, closet and baths...paint, closet organizers, blinds, etc....got two coupons so I need use them and save everything I can. Then after the painting, ceiling fan install, etc are done, hubby and I will go see about new carpet....he doesn't want me to change to laminate and I agreed for this room to keep carpet.

Jess also saw your family coming in, have a wonderful weekend....

Pat good luck on the family gathering this weekend....

Renate the cabinet door will have a nativity scene in black vinyl and go on my mantle, saw it on a FB group I belong to and loved it. My friend has more doors if I need them....

Hello Gramma, Phyllis, Joanne and anyone that drops by....later.....
~Phyllis~ Offline
#403 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:46:27 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Happy Thursday to everyone. My cabinets are in. DH worked on them yesterday, he will finish the plumbing today, his least favorite job. I just need to fill them up. I use that room for my painting, etc for my ESTY store projects, so I have a lot of stuff to put back in there, some things will be thrown away as it accumulated a lot of junk too.

Pat, I saw you are having some nice cooler temps too, makes it much easier to work outside. What a great idea to celebrate all the summer birthdays at one time. Hope the bugs have travelled to another place. I'm not working on anything lately, I closed my store for vacation and I guess everyone else is on vacation too as I haven't had an order since reopening.

Deb, you go from one remodeling project to another. That door with vinyl sounds neat, where do you or your friend get the doors? I saw a neat idea for Christmas using our fireplace (which we never use) at the Apple Barn in PG. They had wood stacked in the fireplace with orange flickering lights strung throughout the wood, looked like a burning fireplace. It had other decorations around it too. I took a picture for reference.

Jess, hope you have a fun time with your CO relatives this weekend.

Renate, hope your week is going good. I was worn out yesterday just being the straw boss, LOL, I did do a lot of moving stuff and being the go for.

Hello Gramma and Joanne.

I've got to get in the shower and make a trip to Lowes and pick up knobs and/or handles for my cabinets. Plus DS's friend is coming later today for me to alter some jeans for him. I've been putting him off for several weeks now.
Dbson Offline
#404 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 3:46:24 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon.....still sunny and thankful for that....three rooms cleaned and a trip to Lowe's and about $600 lighter in the wallet and still didn't get it all...I used both of the $$/off cards so that saved me $35 plus the paint has a rebate too. The closet organization was so expensive, but if I am going to do it, it needs to be done right....everything is in the apartment till needed, plus I still have to pick the paint up next week since they didn't have a 5 gal bucket...also need to get ceiling paint at WM, my friend was sick and didn't really feel up to going but she did.

Phyllis my friend had this door plus some others from a remodel job at her house or their old store (years ago she/her hubby ran a craft shop)....I saw the door on the FB page Okie started, it was a nativity scene done in black on a red door they got at a habitat for humanity restore...I would love to see that fireplace scene...

I am off to get supper heated up and may just rest the remainder of the evening....

RGK Offline
#405 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:54:16 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good evening,
Jess, sounds like a great upcoming weekend. Enjoy the heck out of it!! My workload is always heavy. The days just fly by. Keeps me out of trouble, LOL.
Pat, that's a great way to celebrate all the birthdays together. Glad the gnats are leaving you alone. Have fun with the flamingos, a friend of mine loves them too. Happy birthday to your sister!!
Deb, another project, wow. What will you do when everything is to your liking? Good deal on the supplies at the store. The 'nativity' door will be beautiful. How big is it? Hope your headache was gone when you got up this morning.
Phyllis, I was hoping you wouldn't have to wait long for your cabinets, and you didn't. That was very fast. Don't you just love being the go-fer? Did you get the knobs for the cabinets? I do not like altering jeans, hope you didn't have to repair anything hard to get off like buttons or zipper. Your store will pick up again soon. Remember this is also the time for school supplies and clothes.
I walked twice today at work - 2 big laps each time, and I am really tired. Going to bed shortly. Hello to Gramma, Joanne, Karen. Renate
~Phyllis~ Offline
#406 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:23:38 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

The fireplace picture I was talking about.
~Phyllis~ attached the following image(s):
IMG_0637 Resized.JPG
IMG_0636 Resized.JPG
imnchghere Offline
#407 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 9:27:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon and happy Friday. Another perfect weather day here.
Phyllis, what a fun idea for a fireplace that isn't used otherwise. That would have been perfect in my tea room where I had a faux fireplace. I had one of those tacky set of electric logs in it.
Fortunately I was able to accessorize it with items from the gift shop and tea room.
Hairapy this morning and now I am cleaning toilets and vacuuming. Jim will be home early today to take care of the lawn. I also need to get the excess stuff off the deck.
Renate, wtg on 2 walks yesterday. Jim & I walked last night to test the app I put on my phone. It works, but I can't get it to post the stats to FB. The training walkers are keeping track of their times on the group page. We walk again tomorrow, so I need to put in another route for it.
Deb, I need to make a Lowe's (read $$)trip today to pick up a couple extra yard chairs. I've been going to do it since before CA, but never have the JEEP to get them home. I might go when Jim is mowing, unless he wants to go after.

Need to get back to the bathrooms. I did all 4 although only 2 will probably get used.
Hello to everyone, I will be back later

dbson20018f42f130 Offline
#408 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 10:34:18 AM(UTC)
dbson20018f42f130

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well here I am back using the 'crazy' name/numbers....could not log in using Chrome either....
Still cleaning and just taking a break...waiting for a couple rugs to finish drying so I can put the towels in to dry. Have a great day, maybe I will appear as my 'old self' next time....and Phyllis that is a great idea for the fireplace......later....
Dbson Offline
#409 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 8:15:28 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Saturday to all...

Jess have a great time with your family visiting, saw your pic on FB.....

Pat I know you were at a walk this morning and family gathering this afternoon....have fun....

Gramma how is Maggie? and your weather?

Phyllis thanks for the tape info, I placed another order late yesterday for some HTV and a few sheets of outdoor to get some additional colors in my stash.

Renate are you still on the look out for a new 'four legged family member? My friend brought her newest pup by this week, she has gotten so big in 4 weeks...

Joanne how is the weather down your way?

The door I am using is about 23x27, left over from a home improvement project, it has a framed edge of about 1 1/2 inches so the size I will be using is 19x22. Going to cut out my scene in black paper first so I can size it correctly. Hope to work on it this morning.

I cleaned house til about 2 yesterday, thank goodness it is done for the week....picked up meat to cook a hamburger steak tonight for supper, hubby will ask for chocolate pudding as dessert...his favorite...plus a potato to bake and I have some cauliflower for me to steam....

Have a great day, I am off to play with paper for a while....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#410 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:48:48 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates
Been busy around here. The trip to Nashville was great. I didn't buy alot of stuff but enough to keep me happy. The paper class we took involved Tim Holz stains and inks etc. It was fun and I learned some neat tricks. We got home on Sunday and I went into cleaning mode as we were expecting friends in from Texas on Thursday. Have not gotten a chance to play with the new stuff as we have been busy golfing and boating. Weather has been very coooperative.
DH bought me a blue tooth keyboard cover for my Ipad! I am liking it a lot!
I see everyone is doing well and also keeping busy.
"Talk" to you alll soon need to go attend to my guests! Have a great rest of the weekend.
Joanne
~Phyllis~ Offline
#411 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:54:55 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello all. I've been running around all day from one end of town to the other. Had to find the Batteries Plus store and drop off a battery for DH which took me off the beaten path, then to Archivers, Best Buy, gas station and Lowes. Good thing we had left overs for supper. I had a 40% coupon for Archivers which they rarely have so had to use it. Picked up a blade for my (not to be mentioned cutter). They were packed as was everywhere else I went. Best Buy was having a Black Friday sale today, I had to pick up an external hard drive as mine is almost full, got a 500 GB for $50.

Pat, hope you had fun today at your gathering, hope it didn't rain, it has rained off and on here all day.

Deb, I see you got in as your old self. I had problems logging on today with Chrome and switched to Safari and got on right away. That door project sounds really nice, I like those old doors. I have never tried the HTV stuff, I have so many things I want to try but just never get around to it.

Joanne, was Tim Holtz at the convention? I love his stuff. He was at our stamping convention here last year and I was able to get a picture with him. My friend and I will be going to it again this year August 10. Have fun with your guests.

Hello Renate and Gramma. I think I'll work on some cards tonight, bought a Tim Holtz Sizzix Christmas tree line die at A's today at 25% off so I think I'll see what I can come up with.

This crazy security image thing is crazy, grrr. It can't read at all.

imnchghere Offline
#412 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:11:35 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Sunday morning everyone.. Yesterday was good for the mot part, but 7 kids all close in age make for a lot of tussles. Phyllis we did get the off and on rain here and that didn't help. I wasn't able to get but a couple pics. Fortunately I insisted we do a group picture right off the bat. It turned out decent although youngest dgs was pouting. He had acted silly in the first one and his Mom yelled at him. The two who normally don't smile did great though. I was happy enough.

Joanne, glad you had a good time at the convention. Hope you get a chance to play with everything soon. I love TH stuff, but I don't have much.
Phyllis, I didn't know about the BB sale. Not that I need anything there, but you never know. One thing I want to look for is an arm band for my phone. I've seen them on Amazon, but some of the reviews mention because the phone is heavy, they are awkward on your arm. I would like to actually check them out in person.
Deb, I have got to do some serious house cleaning before we head to Maine. Wish I had your drive to do it. I am still working around purging piles of stuff and there are moments, when I want to just load it all in the back of the JEEP and take it to the landfill. My sister gave me a project that will use up a bunch of my fabric. It benefits her local animal shelter, so I am either going to send the fabric to her or sew it up for her here. But first I have to pull all the fabric that is useable from my tea cosy fabrics.

I need to get off the computer now and get Jim to help me move the furniture in the dining area back in place. The floor is a disaster in there as well. It is where the food was all set up. I will be back later.
Dbson Offline
#413 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:18:31 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday to all....hope you have a great day. I got the sizes for the vinyl pretty much to my liking, need to pick up a bottle of paint...remember last year when I purged, well all the 'paint' was purged too...I had picked up a couple bottles for some frames I wanted to do...

Pat saw your family group pic, great shot....glad you were able to get it....I know it was a busy day with that many...one reason I don't cook as often as I once did....use to have the kids and grands here about every 2 weeks....by the time the meal was over and cleaned up, everyone was ready to head home...I never got to sit down and enjoy them....

Phyllis the security thing is hard to read for me too, wish they would get something in the reward point section so I could spend my points....

Joanne hope you have time soon to use your new products....have fun with the visitors.

Hello to Renate, Jess and Gramma. I am waiting for hubby to get out of the shower so I can get ready for church....later.....

Gramma Offline
#414 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:19:46 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Happy Sunday Castlemates... cool here in WNY and I am loving it! Sadly it is also overcast, but the rain is holding off so far.

Dear Maggie is a gem... I think I told you it was either a dog or an alarm system here at the house. My doggie alarm doesn't bark tho. We've only heard her bark about six times... and I mean 6 barks, none of those times was more than one "woof." I'll ask the vet about it when she gets her next parvo vaccine. I forgot to ask Friday when I took her. She weighed in at 2.9#.

Working on some Christmas cards.... most are CAS and require little thought on my part. I've been adding some embellishments to brighten them up as I go.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

Hugz,
Gramma
File Attachment(s):
DSCN3464.jpg (3,947kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
Dbson Offline
#415 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 3:02:38 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Gramma little Maggie is cute as can be.....
RGK Offline
#416 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:54:29 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Sunday evening,
Deb, can't wait to see the finished door. Bummer you had to re-buy the paint you needed. I am looking at the shelter dogs online every few days. Most of them are the breed we don't want. I think I'll just have to go in person and look. Missa came from the shelter and so did another dog we had.
Pat, glad to hear that the gathering went well. Smart to get the group picture in first. I walked early this morning and again tonight. Are you and Jim still walking around the lake?
Joanne, what kind of stuff did you pick up? Glad you had a good time.
Phyllis, was the TH die a new line? Did you come up with a great card? How's Cody?
Gramma, Maggie sure is cute. Hope she finds her bark, but that could be a mixed blessing too...Glad you had great weather. We did too, today was cool and sunny and low humidity. Could take it all year round.
Jess, have a great work week or are you still with your family?
My weekend was quiet. I did a little shopping and cleaning and lots of working on the Xmas cards. I spent some time on Pinterest last night looking for inspiration. It's really hard to take just a quick look. Worked on the are in the backyard that I just cleared of weeds not too long ago and had to do it again. This morning I finally sprayed for weeds, the weather was perfect.--Replaced my cell phone battery yesterday. It had a bad cell (2years old)and it was either a new battery or a new phone. I like the phone and don't want the expense of a new one and a new contract right now. They got you coming and going...
I'm sure you saw the news about the church bus crash here yesterday. So sad, 3 people killed. They were teenagers returning from summer camp and were about a mile away from their church. Pat, it happened at the Keystone Ave exit, which is the next exit after Allisonville Rd (Castleton exit). You probably know where it is.
I'm off again tomorrow.
Good night to all. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#417 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 2:45:39 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning.. beautiful cool one here. We thought it was going to storm last night, so pulled all the windows down. House got a bit stuffy. Now we will be gone all day, so it will be closed up.
Plan is a quick trip to visit another cousin of Jim's who is in the hospital. Things are not looking good for her. She has had one down hill after another. Severe rheumatoid arthritis and other internal problems. She is having trouble keeping the faith right now and knows that prayers an God are are what she needs. Since it is a 4hr trip ea way, we can't just go very often. She is also only good for about a 30 minute visit.

Anyway... thanks for the compliments on the family picture. And Deb, I hear you on the time to visit. My girls are good about helping with the cooking and stuff, but it still seems I am always in another room. These times are also when we had been able to do the planned remodel. That extra space would make a difference in everyone not being on top of each other. I love what a house down the street has done and would be curious what it cost. I love a big open floor plan.

Renate, you were able to make a lot of progress or the weekend. I need to work on cards and also the society album pages. I am just further and further behind.
Gramma, I agree Miss Maggie is just a cutie patutie.

Well, it is almost time to get on the road. I might be able to check in during the day, but definitely tonight. Tomorrow I am going to try to do a "Deb" on this house as well as laundry.
Have a great one everyone.
Dbson Offline
#418 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 6:24:11 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, got a 3 mile walk in, home and made sour dough waffles....hubby doesn't like them so I used a 'package' mix for him....kitchen cleaned up and I had my b'fast of fresh waffles....headed to get dressed and get groceries.....I DREAD going to WM but I haven't been in about 3 weeks and we are really running out of some things.

Pat have a safe trip.....sad about the cousin.

Howard talked to his best friend from school, he is in pretty bad shape with cancer, we had hoped to see him again, but I don't know. They can't give him anything since he is 'so weak'....hubby was upset and all he can do is pray for him.

Renate I am headed for the paint today, so maybe I can get the door done. I hope you can find a baby soon....

Jess saw the wedding picture....beautiful couple.....

Hello to all and will check in later....
~Phyllis~ Offline
#419 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 8:36:20 AM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Good Monday morning everyone.

Pat, have a safe trip. Sorry about Jim's cousin, hope you all can cheer her up a bit. I need to pull a "Deb" on my house too. DH painted the utility room and I hated to tell him I wanted the bedroom painted. It's really not needing it but I want to change the color and that's not a legitimate reason in his mind. The family pic was great, it's very hard to get a good one with that many people, especially the kiddos.

Renate that's so sad about the church bus crash. Hope you can find a furry friend soon. The TH die was a tree line, not sure if it was new or not, I hadn't seen it before but since it was on clearance, I'm thinking it was older. Cody is still doing OK, I think the meds are keeping him going although his coughing spells are a lot more frequent.

Deb, I need to get rid of a bunch of paint too, most are probably dried up, just don't use those small bottles that much. I'm anxious to see your door project. So sad about Howard's friend.

Gramma, that pic of Maggie is so cute. Glad you're getting some nice weather. I look at Pinterest to get inspiration too. I did about 10 cards over the weekend.

Jess, the new bride and groom are very handsome and beautiful. I think you said you were still off work today.

Guess I need to get busy doing a little cleaning, maybe some purging too. DS got my new external drive hooked up and transferred all the photos and movies over, freed up a lot of space on my drive, maybe things will move faster now. I also spent a few hours deleting a bunch go files.

Hello Joanne.

RGK Offline
#420 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 12:22:29 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good afternoon, beautiful weather, back door is open and fresh air coming in...
Pat, hope you have a safe trip. I'm sure cousin appreciates the visit and family support. I'm almost done with my Xmas card commitment and have several Fall cards started as well. I want to be done so I can go back to the baby album and other things.
Deb, yum to the waffles from scratch. So sorry about DH's friend. It's been a month since Moses, still can't stand the empty house. I hope to find a furry friend soon.--Hope you didn't need too much at WM.--Good job on the 3 mile walk.
Phyllis, A has a real good coupon this week, 35% off entire purchase. Your treeline die must have been an older one. I'll go later this week and see what I 'need'. Yes, the bus crash was tragic, they are thinking bad brakes, from what the driver said. Cody seems to be doing ok, has he given up fighting the meds? Glad you got your pix backed up on the hard drive. That's where mine are. I also want to copy them all on a big flash drive, after I weed out the duplicates. And get a cloud account to save them there as well. Can you tell I'm a little paranoid??
I did a short trip to WM this morning for light bulbs, then to Lowe's for a fence-stake. I had painted a wooden craft trellis a few years ago, but it did not have a way to show it off. DH attached the stake and now it is sticking in the ground by the front door. Need to find a little Spanish moss to stuff into the fake 'birdhouse' holes. I know I have some somewhere.. I've been working in my OMG room this afternoon, I sure hope I can find things again LOL.
Hello to all who might stop by. Later...Renate