Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nicolebingamand6e2f41b Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 8:23:30 AM(UTC)
nicolebingamand6e2f41b

Groups: Registered

Can anyone explain why if I cut a shape at 7" on the expression and then try to cut the same shape with the software set at 7" - the shapes are not the same size? I have a limited amount of paper left to complete a project and I need to get creative with how I arrange the image on the mat so I was going to use the software so I could rotate the shape and say exactly where I want it to cut, but the shape is not cutting at the 7" like when I cut just with the machine. I hope that made sense...
LoriC Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 8:50:44 AM(UTC)
LoriC

Be sure you if you have your Express set at real dial size, you choose this option in the CCR. In CCR it is at the bottom of the image tray(at the bottom of the screen) - There are 2 boxes labeled Aa, one is real and one is relative size. Real will cut all shapes at 7", relative will make everything proportionate to the shape i.e. hands, feet, head. Hope that helps.
nicolebingamand6e2f41b Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 9:37:40 AM(UTC)
nicolebingamand6e2f41b

Thanks - I do understand all about the real dial thing. I have all of Peter pans layers already cut, and need to cut the black layer. I need to slightly rotate the image to fit on the scraps I have left and that can only be done in the software. I guess I'll have to just use another color and keep cutting until I can get it right. I just don't understand the size difference.
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:27:03 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1255 time(s) in 797 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nicolebingamand6e2f41b Go to Quoted Post
Thanks - I do understand all about the real dial thing. I have all of Peter pans layers already cut, and need to cut the black layer. I need to slightly rotate the image to fit on the scraps I have left and that can only be done in the software. I guess I'll have to just use another color and keep cutting until I can get it right. I just don't understand the size difference.

Real dial size means every piece will cut out at whatever size you pick, so eyes and noses will be cut at the same size as the base layer.

Is the black piece too big or too small. Try putting the body layer in ccr at the size you had it cut out and then add the black layer. Then check to see if the black layer is big enough for the body layer. If it's the correct size, remove the body layer and test cut one piece to see if it actually cuts to fit the pieces you already cut.

Mary
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 10:52:53 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19160 time(s) in 8569 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nicolebingamand6e2f41b Go to Quoted Post

If you can't get it to match in CCR, you could place your scrap paper at an angle and then move the blade to the corner of the scrap for the starting point.