Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vixenkat_2001 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:01:22 AM(UTC)
vixenkat_2001

Groups: Registered

I really would like an app made for our tablet units. I know I am not the only one who is interested. PC, if you would like CCR more widespread and available to your customers, then this would be a great idea. Also, another concern that has been addressed to me is regarding those still on dialup. Yes, rural areas still exist in large expanses of the world, therefore updated technology is an issue. it would be great if this app were to be made available offline as well. This would be ideal for those using dialup or DSL..such as myself. I used CCR for the first time to make the free Christmas Advent project. I was in love at the ease of use. My issue is this...I have no space on my craft desk for my large laptop! my 7" and 10" tablets would be ideal and would fit perfectly on my desk.

There is a device that can be bought from Newegg called a USB OTG. this plugs into an android tablet where the charger goes (mine uses the same universal charger as my Motorola Droid M) into the charging area. the other end is a USB port where you can insert the USB port for the cricut to hook them up and cut.

I would like to use the CCR, but won't be able to as long as it is only available to computers and not to tablets; I just do not have the room for it. please PC...design an app for our tablets so your large community of tablet users can use CCR. Thank you.
mpadovich6c55e6dd Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 9:55:15 PM(UTC)
mpadovich6c55e6dd

Any update on this from those of you at Cricut????? I would really like to use CCR from my ipad and then print directly to my Expression. Or has someone already come up with a work around? Angry
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 10:54:00 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
I've never heard PC say they were even considering this {although I think it's a good idea}. Just because a customer wants something, doesn't mean the company wants the same thing.
sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 2:08:49 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've never heard PC say they were even considering this {although I think it's a good idea}. Just because a customer wants something, doesn't mean the company wants the same thing.

Yessssss, but...... what the company wants above all else is customers. And what the customers want is an upgrade to current technology. Provide a product that the customer wants - and they will buy it - the company makes money and the customer is happy. Win/Win.

I think most of us can agree that using proprietary images, that can not be stored on a hard drive, with a design program that relies on internet connection - that is all hooked up to a big ol honkin laptop is, well, - - limiting at best. That is one reason why the Gypsy (as flawed as it is) is so well loved by Cricut users. That little tiny screen gives us a whole lot of design capability and doesn't take up a lot of real estate on your craft table. It's portable, and no internet connection required. But we all know what the "powers that be" did to that sweet little device.

So in response to the OP - yes, there are others out here that want exactly what you want. I guess we will have to wait and see if PC wants us to continue to want their products.

1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Hawaiiscrap on 10/15/2014(UTC)
Shaunie B Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:27:41 AM(UTC)
Shaunie B

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Craft Room for Android?
Has anyone heard any more about this. I need to get a new kindle, but I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Tablet instead, especially if Provo Craft will add a craft room app for Android. But please if you are going to do an app for ipad, do it for Android too. There are just as many android users as ipad users out there.

I know they have Design Space app for ipad, why not Android. Let's move with the times.