Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Crystal F Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:28:59 PM(UTC)
Crystal F

Groups: Registered

Does anyone know if it is possible to crop an image in the cricut craft room? I was making the "World's Greatest Father"[img]null[/img] card and wanted to cut out just the middle section again for layering without having to cut the whole thing out and waste paper. Also sometimes I would like to cut just part of an image and make it bigger but can only make it as big as the mat will allow. If I could crop it then I would have more space to make it bigger. Would be a nice feature to have if it's not already available. I'm new to the cricut craft room.
geemommy Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:36:58 PM(UTC)
geemommy

Canada

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 135 post(s)
I don't think you can crop the way you want to... There are 2 things you can try though for other projects:

1. Click "Hide and Contour" at the bottom left corner of your image. You can then remove certain cuts. For example, I removed the card outline & sentiment on the golfing Father's Day card, because I just wanted the golfing picture. But it won't work on the World's Greatest Father card, because it's all one long cut. This works great for some images, allowing you to increase the size of the portion you want to cut.

2. Use Cricut Craftroom Basics to make a super skinny long rectangle, which you can place wherever you want to cut off your project. As far as I know, however, the entire image still has to be within the cutting area, so you're still limited to the size of your mat.

I agree with you, CCR should allow us to cut off images. Or at least hang them off the mat, essentially cutting them off at the edge of the cutting surface.

I hope this helps.
 2 users thanked geemommy for this useful post.
krafty kate on 8/1/2013(UTC), amanda.gugliotta75ea5fac on 10/6/2013(UTC)
class.pass893350b9 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:51:53 PM(UTC)
class.pass893350b9

it is a brilliant idea of cropping images vb.net like that. a little complex for me. rectangle is necessary when you want to cut off something. also you can do some scaling.
arronwall1a5a5a30a Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:13:30 PM(UTC)
arronwall1a5a5a30a

Originally Posted by: class.pass893350b9 Go to Quoted Post
it is a brilliant idea of cropping images vb.net like that. a little complex for me. rectangle is necessary when you want to cut off something. also you can do some scaling.

Hi, class.pass.
Thanks for your nifo. I wonder can you share some more code about image cropping projects? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Arron