Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

87 Pages«<7980818283>»
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2401 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:21:43 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 430 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Morning and Hello Thursday.....

I'm so tired but I've got to get out and in the office early this morning. I had to be off yesterday since DH and I had to go back to NC to pick our car up, glad that's over. Now to see if we can at least get the tow bill reimbursed from the insurance company. I can't say I'm looking forward to the weekend because of course our schedule is filled so no rest for the wreary! I think the rain has something to do with me not wanting to move!

Kenya, we went to see Temptations earlier; I had mixed feelings about it. We took my daughter and one of her friends to see Way Way Back about two weeks ago and we all enjoyed it. It is one of the independent films so I'm not sure how many movie theatres are showing it.

Waving hello to everyone and wishing everyone a great day!
HisGem Offline
#2402 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:05:54 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
Good morning!

Treva, I pray you get the money refunded! 95% of the movies I watch are G and PG movies so when I get the opportunity to watch adult related movies it is either when it is on a premium channel or on DVD. I JUST saw Precious a few weeks back Blushing I read the book many years ago and wanted to see it when it first came out. Sad I know....
My church is having a health fair on Saturday, and that is an all day event. My aunt found her daughter who was adopted and they are having a family gathering so she can meet her biological family as well. It is going to be a long day! By the time we get home, I am going to have to get the girls ready for the next day. I hope you are able to get a little down time though.

I was on the board and wanted to check in! Waving hello to everyone~
Cassie Offline
#2403 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:55:42 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Good Afternoon All,

Kenya - I went to the movies to see Temptation, and watched it again on DVD a few weeks ago. Although I enjoyed it, it was predictable. The thing that cracked me up is, TPerry has never been going at aging an old man. Lance Gross 'old man' get up was oogly. LOL!

Treva - Glad to hear things are going ok for your sister. Sending prayers that she will be moved to the top of the transplant list. Grr on the car woes. "Insurance, find me money" Ok, I couldn't help but sing that aloud. LOL!

My friend (expecting her first child in October) text me the other day with this: "Hey Cassie, if you are wondering what to me get me for a shower gift, I'd like to have one of those cute cassie creations book, heheheheeeeee!!!!!!" I was too tickled then said aloud, talk about pressure. I am already in the process of making her a paperbag album with advice from moms at the church. Her shower is Aug 18. I'll have to see what I can do, after I finish my projects slated for this weekend.

Have a GREAT evening ALL!!!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2404 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 8:31:06 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

JCI to give us a little bump. Although I had no true crafty plans for the w/e, God saw differently - 3 sympathy cards, and 1 birthday card. On Tuesday, 2 angels were called Home - within 12 hours of each other. These ladies were extensions of our family (DM's sista friends), and will be truly missed. Please keep the families lifted in your prayers.

Treva - Sending prayers up for your sister, too. Glad to hear she is doing better; and I touch and agree that she will be moved up on the transfer list, in Jesus Name. This must be the month for car issues...we're just grateful that all the money we spent for those warranties is truly paying off. Let's just say...in a nutshell...that a potential $3K+ bill is down to $90 (alignment)!! *praise break dance*. I pray things work out with the insurance company.

HisGem - I was checking out your list on the MB; and I need to check my carts to see what I'd like to add to my collection.BigGrin

Cassie - No pressure...whatsoever!!! LOL LOL LOL I may have to crash that Aug 18 shindig. LoL.

Waving hello to all! I would try to post pics, but I have not been having ANY luck on this MB. Glare

Oh, wow!! They posted.

Peace & Blessings.

Lisa

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 8:33:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: posted pics

cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG_20130730_230211_707.jpg
IMG_20130726_222056_775.jpg
momto2 Offline
#2405 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 10:55:44 AM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning all. Doing a quick drive by while I eat lunch. I am checking in a few places to see if anyone knows of a local source for 12 x 12 baskets that fit the expedit bookcases. I got the 2 4 x 4's and tabletop for my counter high desk and it is now put together (LOVE it!!!). However, the closet maid baskets I found at Lowe's are too small for it. I thought I remembered someone on here using the expedits. Any ideas on baskets that fit?

BTW, I am with y'all on the car woes. We saved a car for DS to have when he turned 16. The thing needed a new motor so it has been sold for scrap. We are now in the market for a new car. Sigh... And as long as he does not have a car, we share my car. Double sigh...

Treva: I will keep your sister lifted in prayer.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2406 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 12:24:55 PM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Just checking in to give our little thread a lift, waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day. The weather is gloomy and so is my mood, I'm just on an emotional rollercoaster right now.

Thanks for your continued prayers as this road just keeps getting bumpier!

Take care.
Cassie Offline
#2407 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:15:51 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Hump Day,

I see my post from Monday never posted. Grrrrrrr!!

Renee - Show me, show me. I'm reorganizing the Cafe AGAIN. Shesh!! Need to get a flow going, so I can create without clutter.

I did get this from Ms on sale last week. It was $29.99 + 20% off total purchase price.
Cassie attached the following image(s):
IMAG1266.jpg
Cassie Offline
#2408 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:22:38 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

You may have found this already, since my post was eaten, but Ikea makes baskets to fit Expedit. They have black, white, teal, green, and wicker. I saw them last week. You can choose either a basket, door, or 2 drawers.

Baskets

Door

Drawers

Originally Posted by: momto2 Go to Quoted Post
Good morning all. Doing a quick drive by while I eat lunch. I am checking in a few places to see if anyone knows of a local source for 12 x 12 baskets that fit the expedit bookcases. I got the 2 4 x 4's and tabletop for my counter high desk and it is now put together (LOVE it!!!). However, the closet maid baskets I found at Lowe's are too small for it. I thought I remembered someone on here using the expedits. Any ideas on baskets that fit?

BTW, I am with y'all on the car woes. We saved a car for DS to have when he turned 16. The thing needed a new motor so it has been sold for scrap. We are now in the market for a new car. Sigh... And as long as he does not have a car, we share my car. Double sigh...

Treva: I will keep your sister lifted in prayer.

momto2 Offline
#2409 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:36:57 AM(UTC)
momto2

Thanks Cassie! I knew Ikea sold the baskets, but DH was making me so nervous because I didn't have an exact supply list and I was having a hard time finding the right table top to fit the bookcases. By the time the sales assistant and I found my table top, I was afraid to push my luck and look for baskets too. Some scrappers on 2Peas directed me to target where I actually got baskets for about $5 cheaper than the ones at Ikea so it worked out in the end. I LOVEEEEE my new desk. Worked about 5 hours Sunday with no back or hip pain. Here is a link to the blog post with the new space on it.

Ikea desk
momto2 Offline
#2410 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:41:22 AM(UTC)
momto2

I just went to the links Cassie and I wish I had seen these before I got my linen ones. I paid $12 a basket for the linen ones and thought I was doing good since the wicker ones at Ikea were $16.99. Would have loved some for $5.99. Oh well, the linen does look good tho.
Cassie Offline
#2411 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:23:50 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Thanks Renee. I remember that page now that I'm seeing it again. I saw something similiar with bookcases from Walmart. This is on my things to do list. The Cafe looks a HOT MESS!!!! I'm in the middle of doing the baby scrap album as a gift, while also rearranging the room.
momto2 Offline
#2412 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:37:58 AM(UTC)
momto2

Cassie: I am sure I have the link for the craftmaid bookcase you can get at Walmart and a standard door. If you can't find it, let me know and I will go thru my research. What I didn't like about it was how flimsy that bookcase is. Go look at them before you decide. If you have access to an Ikea you can get the bookcases for about the same, and an actual tabletop (with finished ends) for just a little more. Also, make sure you measure. I measured the standard door and I could not fit that into my space. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Pottery barn is nuts for how much they want to charge!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2413 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:09:54 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday.....

Its almost 2 pm and I'm doing a driveby post as I'm outta here in an hourBigGrin Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day, much better day here weather wise!

Cassie, I really didn't need anything so I didn't use my 20% coupon last week but I'm headed in there within the next few days to look for that cart! I really could use that in my never ending quest to become a more organized scrapper! I might need to get the specifics from you if I can't find it when I goBigGrin

Renee, love your new desk; great love the pictures of your studio posted on your blog. I just might have to breakdown and get me a desk from Ikea. I did see a project center in Costco last night that may work just as well.

Thank you all for your prayers, my sister is headed back to Alabama on Friday for more testing. She still hasn't received a final decision on her placement on the transplant list. We are all scared but we have faith and we are believing it is God's will for her to be healed.

Take care.
Cassie Offline
#2414 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:09:47 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Afternoon on the "the heat is back Thursday".

It's been quite chilly for 2 days but today, the heat is on!

Treva - Thanks for the update on your sister. Certainly keeping her in my prayers. I had no idea how rare that cart is. Two people asked me about it and went to their Ms and had no luck. I have no problem picking one up for you, if you can't find it.

Renee - I am all about Ikea. All 3 of my tables, and my desk (all were purchased for scrapping purposes) are from there, but didn't work like I hoped. Well, the tables did, but I moved the desk upstairs and both kids can sit at it together. I was trying to find an alternative for the tabletop, which is now $90. Still inexpensive considering what it costs as a whole, compared to other places.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2415 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:23:15 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Friday...

I am doing a happy praise dance, barely able to contain my emotions! Thank you all for your continued prayers for my sister and my family. We just got word that my sister is #2 on the transplant list and will have to stay in Alabama. We are so thankful for God's favor in this situation. I just wanted to share this good news with you all and ask you to keep us lifted.

Cassie, I put the envelope in the mail to you earlier this week so you have it by tomorrow. I am going to check the rest of the Michaels here this weekend for that cart. I went to one yesterday and didn't see it.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' weekend.
Cassie Offline
#2416 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 12:08:07 PM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Oh Treva, HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for your sister and your family.
HisGem Offline
#2417 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:15:37 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey hey!!

Treva!! Praise God! That is awesome news!! So happy for you and your family BigGrin

I need to go back and read the other posts, but wanted to check in and give the thread a little boost.

I am dog tired! I managed to get into the craftroom today! This may be a good sign...I pray so. Have a good night/day Kenya~
cropdropnroll Offline
#2418 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 6:42:43 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello Tuesday!!

JCI as it has been a minute since my last post. Nothing major going on in my world. We're getting in the "back to school" mode now. Cheer and football have already started; so ya'll know how that goes (from last year's posts - LOL)...Glare Hopefully, we'll be working with 2 vehicles this season! *praise break* (Keep us lifted...well maybe DH...that I don't "snap" this season - J/K...maybe??) In spite of having to attend 2 funerals last week, I was able to complete 1 or 2 projects...

Treva - Great news and awesome testimony about your sister! I don't get why some folks can't see that He is truly an on-time God!! BigGrin

HisGem - Great progress for you!! I've been sitting at the table, but not much has been completed, given the amount of time I've been at the table. I think my mojo still has jet lag!!!Flapper

Waving hello to all!

I will try to post pics of projects...

Edited by user Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:27:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added picture

sympathy.jpg
IMG_20130809_221241_228.jpg
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2419 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:11:22 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Friday...

I've been trying to post all week but so much going on, too much on my mind and I'm feeling a little emotionally drained. In just a few hours my mother and I will be flying to Alabama to see my sister. She is not well and my aunt who is with her says she's crying for my mom, she's scared; we're all scared. 'Its been just a week since she was placed on the transplant list but one is not yet available so she is getting sicker. I'm feeling anxious since I haven't spoken to her since Tuesday. Thank for your prayers, please continue to lift my sister Fay in prayer. Please pray for traveling mercies for my mom and I and for my family that we're able to accept God's will in this journey.

Lisa, cute cards at least you've found some time to play. I've been trying to play but can't seem to settle my mind enough to make enough progress.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a blessed weekend.
momto2 Offline
#2420 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:19:45 AM(UTC)
momto2

Doing a really quick drive thru as I eat this diet lunch. Ugggh! I complain about it, but apparently it's working. I am down 6.6 pounds as of today but I could really use some ribs right about now.

Treva: I will keep you and your family lifted in prayer. I don't think I realized that you were traveling here also. I am not where you are, but I still have friends there. Let me know if you need something. I may be able to get you connected to someone that can help you. Since I am not sure you are able to check here, I may text you also.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2421 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:42:57 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Hump Day Crafty People!!

JCI as I force myself to get into the daily grind here at work. LOL.

Momto2 - Good job on losing 6.6 lbs! Keep up the good work. The ribs will come soon enough.

Treva - I will continue to lift you and your family in prayer. God's plan is the best plan, even if/when we don't understand His plan all the time. Thanks for the card love.

Waving hello to Cassie, Kenya, Netta, ... EVERYONE!! BigGrin

Posting 2 quick projects completed last week. TFL.

Peace & Blessings!

Lisa
IMG_20130816_240503_277.jpg
IMG_20130816_062934_346.jpg
HisGem Offline
#2422 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:36:17 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey y'all!!

Popping in quickly just to ask that you keep Treva and her family lifted up in prayer!

Thanks, Kenya~
cropdropnroll Offline
#2423 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:06:09 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Hump Day!! (That darn camel ...!! LOL)

JCI to see what's going on; but imagine my surprise at how quiet it's been on this thread!!OhMyGod This past w/e was C-R-A-Z-Y!! B/W Fri and Sat., I managed to get about 2 hours of sleep!! It sounds (and was) painful, but I was up working on t-shirts for DH (you know, the last-minute-wonder of my life - Love )!! The end-result was pretty good... not great; but considering the circumstances... what can I say?!! LoL.

Treva - Praying for your strength, comfort, and peace. Trusting God to be a true Healer; trusting God knows what is best for all of us. Sending hugs.

Now, as for the rest of yawl... where you be????? Laugh

Waving hello to all!

Peace & Blessings!!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2424 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:24:12 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday...

I'm doing a quick driveby post as I've been meaning to log and just never got around to it. I think my last post may have been eaten by the "cyber aliens."

I want to thank everyone for your prayers and kind expressions. It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that my sister passed yesterday afternoon. I am thankful for the time we did have with her and look forward to seeing her again someday. I have prayed for the strength needed for us to accept the will of our heavenly father. I find comfort in knowing that she isn't suffering anymore.
momto2 Offline
#2425 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:42:16 AM(UTC)
momto2

Treva! I am sooo sorry. I am so glad that both you and your mother got to travel to where she was. I will keep your family lifted in prayer. I can not even imagine. Please let me know if I can do anything at all.
ellamap Offline
#2426 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:54:32 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Treva, I have been and I still am praying for you and your family. I'm glad you were able to see her. May God give you strength.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2427 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 6:47:11 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Friday,

It's a holiday w/e - what do you have planned (crafty or otherwise)??

Treva - Sending hugs and prayers of comfort your way. Praying for your strength and peace during this time.

Waving hello to all.

Peace & Blessings.

Lisa
cropdropnroll Offline
#2428 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:02:10 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy Hump Day!!

Oh, the horror! How is it that the last post was 5 days ago... and it was mine!!!! OhMyGod

JCI to see what's going on in your scrappin' worlds! I know nothing besides football and cheerleading right now!! My DD's cheer schedule is off da hook - two games each Saturday, for the next 4 Saturdays!!! Practice 3x/wk!! Uggghhh!!! I have to keep remembering, it's only seasonal!! Mellow

Waving hello to all and sending cyber hugs your way!!

Peace & Blessings,

Lisa
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2429 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 7:47:35 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Saturday....

This is at least my third attempt this week to try to post but for some reason it wasn't going through. I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words, prayers, cyber hugs and expressions during my sister's illness and passing. I have seen some dark hours but I'm still standing on God's grace, I know that I must go through to get through. Today mark's one week since her celebration of life service and I'm suppose to attend my neighbor's service; not sure I can handle it right now. DH is out of town so I'd have to go alone, praying for an extra does of strength today.

No scrappin' plans, need to make some thank you cars but I'm not feelin' it right now.

Wishing you all great scrappin' weekend.
cropdropnroll Offline
#2430 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:05:01 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Good Afternoon and Happy Hump Day (*doing the happy camel dance*)!

JCI to see what's going on and to give our group a little bump on the MB. Nothing crafty really going on this week. I have a DT project due, and a PCP SSD challenge to complete this weekend.

Treva - Sending a wave of strength your way!! Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Matt 5:4

Waving hello to all and sending cyber hugs!

Take care.

Lisa