Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MarleneCortés Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:41:04 PM(UTC)
MarleneCortés

Groups: Registered

I'm looking for ideas for my son's 3rd birthday which the theme is Thomas the Train. Has anyone done this before? I look forward to any suggestions or ideas. Thank you.Smile
MarleneO Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 12:58:28 AM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I just went through this! My grandson loves Thomas the Train and my daughter had a Thomas the Train party for him for his 2nd birthday. I tried to come up with ideas for decorations but to no avail. I even have one of those other programs and tried to convert a picture of Thomas into something I could cut out but it was too complicated. I have begged ProvoCraft to come out with a Thomas and Friends cartridge. We ended up with all store bought things. I was only cable to make card from me with a Thomas graphic I made and colored with copics. Good luck!
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 7:01:28 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12567 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
Well, you could use George & Basic Shapes or whatever you have to do background shapes for treat bags, banner, etc. Then for character images, I like to use Google Images (just type in Thomas the Train and tons of pics come up!)

I just did birthday party decorations for my daugther using the Disney Tangled theme. There's no Cricut cartridge for that one either but I found that I really didn't need it. I used my cricut for the shapes for the banner, etc., but then used the internet for pictures from the movie. You can check it on my blog (hit the blog button below) to see what I am talking about.

I went to a cake decorating place to find a character figure for her cake and rings for her cupcakes. Everything else I used came from Walmart. My fabrics came from Hobby Lobby. Super cheap and really easy. Actually, if there were a cart for this, you know how those licensed character cuts are- tons of layers and ity bitty pieces. This way is much easier!

Check out the Thomas website for printables and cards that you can use in your goody bags for the kids. Lots of stuff there.
 1 user thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
MarleneCortés on 2/22/2011(UTC)
GypsyDeb Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:17:16 PM(UTC)
GypsyDeb

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 295 post(s)
someone on the old board had a cutfile for thomas tht I used to make cards for a friend...let me check when I get home and see if I can find her name
 1 user thanked GypsyDeb for this useful post.
MarleneCortés Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:37:39 PM(UTC)
MarleneCortés

Originally Posted by: GypsyDeb Go to Quoted Post
someone on the old board had a cutfile for thomas tht I used to make cards for a friend...let me check when I get home and see if I can find her name

that would be great. THANK YOU! I also found lots of train tracks and different types of train (not exactly Thomas but it works) in "Word Builders 1 A Word Party". I found this as I was looking for a file in the shape of a train ticket for his invitation. By the way the Gypsy is so awesome when you are looking for a particular file. You input what you want and it will tell you which cartridge has it. LOVE IT!
JenniferStratton1 Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:23:23 PM(UTC)
JenniferStratton1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Google Thomas the Train and cricut and it should bring up the softcuts website. There is a download for thomas and the instructions. It makes him about 5-6 inches. I want to double its size its size to make bigger ones for the wall, but can't figure out how to do it.
 1 user thanked JenniferStratton1 for this useful post.
MarleneCortés Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:17:15 AM(UTC)
MarleneCortés

Originally Posted by: JenniferStratton1 Go to Quoted Post
Google Thomas the Train and cricut and it should bring up the softcuts website. There is a download for thomas and the instructions. It makes him about 5-6 inches. I want to double its size its size to make bigger ones for the wall, but can't figure out how to do it.

OMGosh!!!!! If you were in front of me I would give you huge hugSmile Woot !!!!!!!!!!! That is perfect and exactly what I need! I love this message board!!!!!BigGrin
MarleneCortés Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:24:10 AM(UTC)
MarleneCortés

Thomas the Train Cut file

Ladies here is the link to the Thomas the Train cut file. Thank you JenniferStratton1. I think I will make a seperate posting for the link so it can be easier to locate.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:31:04 PM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 12567 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JenniferStratton1 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for mentioning Softcuts!! I had never seen this blog. What a great place!!!!
 1 user thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
MarleneCortés on 2/24/2011(UTC)
GypsyDeb Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 5:02:14 PM(UTC)
GypsyDeb

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 295 post(s)
How didn't I know that that site existed???

that's the same file I used

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7EvYp2J5DT8/TLCjxI7Iy8I/AAAAAAAAAAg/Ccn9hZox8JQ/s320/dscf9313_resized.jpg
IttyBittyLydi Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:08:47 AM(UTC)
IttyBittyLydi

HELP! Tried to d-load pattern and it said "couldn't be downloaded" then asked me what program I wanted to open it with and then said couldn't be supported. What program do we need? Any suggestions would be fantastic!!!