Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mscottstorm6f9854d8 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:50:49 PM(UTC)
mscottstorm6f9854d8

Groups: Registered

Hello, I am teaching a new computer science class and completely new to Cricut...as in I do not even have one yet. I was given a 4. X 4 bulletin board in the main hallway to promote our computer, technology and robotics program. I would like to use a Cricut to create the elements for the board but have no idea where to start. Any information or recommendations about cartridges that feature technology (iPad, laptops, desktops) would be wildly appreciated. I also need cartridges of people, as in general shapes of boys and girls. We're going to launch a program with the GirlScouts and I would like to make a larger and smaller girl holding hands or something. Any help would be wildly appreciated. As an aside, would the Imagine carts be useful for what I want to do...large images with detail? Will make a difference in getting the e or e2.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

CocoasMom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:14:45 AM(UTC)
CocoasMom

United States

Was thanked: 937 time(s) in 644 post(s)
Hmmm! My advice would be

1. Go to mycutsearch.com - that should help with the cartridges
2. Go to a 'teacher' store like Learning Palace and look at their Bulletin Board sets. Good Luck and please post pictures when you are done. TIA

HTH! BigGrin Christine
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:37:14 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mscottstorm6f9854d8 Go to Quoted Post
Hello, I am teaching a new computer science class and completely new to Cricut...as in I do not even have one yet. I was given a 4. X 4 bulletin board in the main hallway to promote our computer, technology and robotics program. I would like to use a Cricut to create the elements for the board but have no idea where to start. Any information or recommendations about cartridges that feature technology (iPad, laptops, desktops) would be wildly appreciated. I also need cartridges of people, as in general shapes of boys and girls. We're going to launch a program with the GirlScouts and I would like to make a larger and smaller girl holding hands or something. Any help would be wildly appreciated. As an aside, would the Imagine carts be useful for what I want to do...large images with detail? Will make a difference in getting the e or e2.

The Imagine Art carts will work in the E2 but not the E. The Imagine carts are smaller and the E2 has two cart ports on it, one the size of regular carts and one the size of the Imagine carts. The Imagine Colors and Patterns carts will not work because the E2 doesn't have a printing feature.

The Paper Doll carts {Paper Doll Dress Up, Paper Dolls for Everyday and Paper Dolls Teen Scene} all have people you can cut in whatever size you need and dress up. Many people have altered some of the clothing pieces to match the Girl Scout uniforms by snipping away pieces with scissors.

If you want to use some robots, there is a cart full of them ~ Robtoz. You can find the cart handbooks {which will show all the images on that cart} under the description of the cart in the shopping pages. Or, I have a Cart Library page with links to the handbooks on my blog:
http://scrapalette.blogs...cricut-cart-library.html

In addition to mycutsearch, you can also search for specific images in Cricut Craft Room. It's a free design program you download to your computer. It does require an internet connection.

Good luck!
sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:58:36 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Take a look at the Brooklyn Graphics Iron On cartridge. I think it has exactly what you are looking for: computer keys, binary code, robots, circuit board, floppy drive and "nerdy computer phrases"

Both my son and daughter in law are electrical design engineers, and I bought this cart specifically to make them computer/electronic style shirts and cards.

Don't let the description of Iron On's confuse you - you can use these as single layer images for bulletin boards too.
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:05:36 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mscottstorm6f9854d8 Go to Quoted Post

I'd look in CCR. Robots is a cute cartridge. It has boy and girl robots. A font one you like and then you can do your own phrases etc. The Imagine cartridges don't really have anything on them for what you're thinking of doing. Also, the E2 doesn't print as someone else said.
Might want to look in the teacher forum also. Been a while since I've browsed through there, but seems there was a technology something at one point. You could also google bulletin boards with Cricut and see what comes up.

HTH
:)Khrista
Kiethann Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:12:01 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 744 time(s) in 567 post(s)
The Cricut lite Recess cart has some cute children. There are no electronics on this cart though.
JoyceG Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:10:52 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 597 post(s)
you can only use Imagine carts on the Imagine machine or the E2. They can not be used on the regular E or the smaller ones. From what you stated you wanna do..you do not want the Imagine carts/machine. It has been discontinued anyways.

Joyce