Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryStillman Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:49:09 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
PC appears to be going more towards the digital, as the competitor machines have embraced. In my imagination, I see the next generation Cricut machine to be all digital (no cartridge slot) and perhaps a print and cut feature to hook up to your printer.

If this happens, I wish that the machine will have an LCD screen and an SD slot so that designs from CCR can be saved to the SD card and cut without having to be hooked up to the internet. I also wish it has wifi or blue tooth capability.

What do you think will be the next generation of Cricut and what features would you like?

Mary

PS(I would consider the Mini to be the first of this generation, and all digital not necessarily the next machine in this generation.)
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:10:52 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I'm not sure what the next generation of the cricut will be. But if it's something not to my liking, then at least I have my E and all the carts I like and can use them.

The E2 is close to being digital and in my opinion..that should be as far as they take it. I don't think they should do away with the cartridge slots and if they do. Give the machine a whole new name because as far as I am concerned..the cricut machines are cartridge dependent die cutting machines that are stand alone and ya don't have to hook up to a computer to use them.

Whatever they come out with next...I'm already happy with what I have. I'm not switching to a new system. And I would probably save money if they would come out with a new machine that doesn't need carts and stop making new carts. Mellow

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
krafty kate on 8/4/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:13:43 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post

Whatever they come out with next...I'm already happy with what I have. I'm not switching to a new system. And I would probably save money if they would come out with a new machine that doesn't need carts and stop making new carts. Mellow

Joyce

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
 2 users thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
krafty kate on 8/4/2013(UTC), JoyceG on 8/6/2013(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 3:46:17 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)
The BEST thing they ever designed was (IS) the gypsy (other than the E)! They should make bigger ones (larger screen, more memory).
 4 users thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 8/3/2013(UTC), nightmare/fan on 8/3/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 8/4/2013(UTC), theproc0a14c052 on 8/6/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 3:59:15 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
The BEST thing they ever designed was (IS) the gypsy (other than the E)! They should make bigger ones (larger screen, more memory).

I would agree with that! The Gypsy is so unique - and there is no other company really has anything like it (that I know of).

2 users thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 8/3/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 8/4/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:05:04 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1460 time(s) in 1165 post(s)

I agree. I hope and pray my Gypsy lasts forever!
 2 users thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:00:47 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

So true! I'm glad you brought that up because a wish would be that the new machine would be gypsy compatible.

Mary
 2 users thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricutLadyBug Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 5:39:44 PM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 22 post(s)
BigGrin I agree I love the Cricut and the Gypsy. I wish they would have expanded the gypsy with other features like a color screen. They were supposed to add more APPS to the Gypsy as well as the Cricut Expression (at least that is what Jinger said they would do when I purchased mine from HSN. Now I see they tell you anything in order to get you to buy. I am not a Craft Room User and don't intend to be. I love the cricut because I don't have to use a computer.
CJ
 1 user thanked CricutLadyBug for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 8/5/2013(UTC)
scrappymom Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:10:16 PM(UTC)
scrappymom

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)
I agree the best thing is the Gypsy! It is very unique and for that very reason I am so surprised and extremely disappointed that they discontinued it. The reason I originally got the cricut was because it was cartridge based. I remember being at the mega meet and seeing other machines that needed to be hooked up to a computer and I just kept walking...I don't even know which machine it was. I didn't want a computer hooked up to a diecutter and I still don't.

I really hope they don't go all digital. I really wanted a mini but I didn't get it because I was afraid that if my G died I would have to hook it up to CCR to use it and I didn't want to do that, so I found a baby bug. I have been very happy with that decision until the last update created some problems (whole other story).

I really want another, new and improved, version of the G!! That would be awesome! Not really interested in another machine that would have to rely on CCR or the G (not that I don't love my G, I LOVE it) it's that I don't want to use CCR and I know my G won't last forever.
 1 user thanked scrappymom for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 8/5/2013(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money! Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:35:39 PM(UTC)
Its-ONLY-Money!

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 51 post(s)
i went to a crop this weekend, and for the most part am still happy with cricut, Except, I have CCR, and prefer it over the gypsy. I dont plan out my pages before I go, so like being able to search on the computer for what I want to cut.

So. if they could make CCR no wi fi needed OR the gypsy with a bigger screen and better search option, Id be happy.
 1 user thanked Its-ONLY-Money! for this useful post.
JoyceG on 8/6/2013(UTC)