Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MaryStillman Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 1:13:34 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1255 time(s) in 797 post(s)
Okay, some I'm trying to use CCR to create the cut files that I have created in my gypsy. What a frustrating program. Sometimes I can click on an image on the mat and it is selected, but mostly it will not select, even if I zoom in and select an image.

Just found out you can select all objects by drawing a box around with my mouse and then I can group together, so that was a plus since I could not select individual objects. And also doing the same and resizing does keep all objects in proportion. So Happy about that.

I'm only using CCR to take advantage of free limited offer images. Otherwise I use the gypsy.

I hear that frequently designs will disappear. Is this true and do you all export to your computer after you have completed a design?

Mary

Soo Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 3:44:28 PM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I've never had a design disappear from CCR so I don't export them to save them.

However, if you are worried about losing them, then exporting the files and saving them on your PC would be best.
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 8/3/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Online
#3 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 7:05:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19152 time(s) in 8566 post(s)
I've never had a design disappear from CCR.

I have heard that people have tried to cut designs using the freebies after the free period expired. They couldn't cut, but their designs were still there.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 8/3/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:23:31 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Today I was trying to resize shapes in a group. I unlocked the fixed shape ratio for each one. Originally all the shapes were the same height/width. When I resized each, width only, each reshaped slightly different size. When I specified .6, it might go to .611 and others to .597, with the height remaining the same.

Very strange and frustrating. Finally got all the shapes the same, but what a waste of time.

Yes, CCR is a nice program, but very buggy.

And I wish it was non-internet based.

Mary
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 12:19:13 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
Today I was trying to resize shapes in a group. I unlocked the fixed shape ratio for each one. Originally all the shapes were the same height/width. When I resized each, width only, each reshaped slightly different size. When I specified .6, it might go to .611 and others to .597, with the height remaining the same.

Very strange and frustrating. Finally got all the shapes the same, but what a waste of time.

Yes, CCR is a nice program, but very buggy.

And I wish it was non-internet based.

Mary

I used to love it too - but now I'm just disgusted with it. When I can get it to work, it's great. but sometimes I can't get it to even open. I've been on the phone with customer service and I've sent emails. But typically the day I'm on the phone with CS - - - it works. Tomorrow? Who knows?

It's a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned. I can screw things up well enough all by myself, without CCR adding to the stress.

MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:42:54 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
I used to love it too - but now I'm just disgusted with it. When I can get it to work, it's great. but sometimes I can't get it to even open. I've been on the phone with customer service and I've sent emails. But typically the day I'm on the phone with CS - - - it works. Tomorrow? Who knows?

It's a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned. I can screw things up well enough all by myself, without CCR adding to the stress.

I agree. I've just been trying to weld 2 shapes together a rectangle and label from the free cart. If the pieces just touch enough to weld, the image becomes an odd shape with cutouts in different parts of the shape. Very strange. Today I had an image that was welded to cut out once as welded and then the second time all the little pieces cut out separately. Although I use practice paper to cut designs, I still don't want to waste the paper on bad cuts.

Mary
snrsmith129960bd46b0 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:43:53 PM(UTC)
snrsmith129960bd46b0

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
I agree. I've just been trying to weld 2 shapes together a rectangle and label from the free cart. If the pieces just touch enough to weld, the image becomes an odd shape with cutouts in different parts of the shape. Very strange. Today I had an image that was welded to cut out once as welded and then the second time all the little pieces cut out separately. Although I use practice paper to cut designs, I still don't want to waste the paper on bad cuts.

Mary

This sounds a lot like the problem I am having. When I started my program this morning (I haven't used it in a little while), it had an update and now it's not acting right. I have several images welded together to create one larger image and it will only cut out the little shapes in between. Any suggestions?

Also, another problem I am having is every time I do anything it spends forever thinking about it. It's getting to the point I just get up and walk away every time I click anything. Is this happening to anyone else?
MaryStillman Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 3:31:36 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Originally Posted by: snrsmith129960bd46b0 Go to Quoted Post
This sounds a lot like the problem I am having. When I started my program this morning (I haven't used it in a little while), it had an update and now it's not acting right. I have several images welded together to create one larger image and it will only cut out the little shapes in between. Any suggestions?

Also, another problem I am having is every time I do anything it spends forever thinking about it. It's getting to the point I just get up and walk away every time I click anything. Is this happening to anyone else?

What I did was to edit the group and then click on each shape and make sure the weld was on (which it was) and then exit the group and save. That worked for one cut, but the next, it didn't. I was cutting on layer of 2 duplicate images twice and had to cut it 3 times and each sheet had one that cut all the pieces.

Mary
fedexbarks0cce2be6 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 5:42:56 AM(UTC)
fedexbarks0cce2be6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am having the same type of problem. CCR just sits or it won't get past checking mat. I am getting quite tired of it! So has anyone come up with a solution? I love my Cricut, but this is too frustrating. When CCR works it is great, but when it doesn't I want to throw it all out the window and find a new cutter!!Angry
sewnmachine Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 6:30:07 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fedexbarks0cce2be6 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same type of problem. CCR just sits or it won't get past checking mat. I am getting quite tired of it! So has anyone come up with a solution? I love my Cricut, but this is too frustrating. When CCR works it is great, but when it doesn't I want to throw it all out the window and find a new cutter!!Angry

This is why I just bought a back-up Expression. I'm going back to just using carts after my Gypsy dies. Now, I don't even want to have to use a computer to craft - much less CCR. Maybe the next update will solve some of the problems - or else just create new ones. I don't know.

I've thought many times about buying into a new "system" - but there again, it's computer based (although not internet based). I have well over 100 carts. I need to quit obsessing over the bugs in CCR. If I don't open the program, I won't use the program. If I don't use the progam - problem solved. No stress.

MaryStillman Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:04:42 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
If I don't open the program, I won't use the program. If I don't use the progam - problem solved. No stress.

My thoughts!BigGrin
a_toye1722c080e Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:44:58 AM(UTC)
a_toye1722c080e

Hi Everyone - I purchased a Cricut Mini last week and I am now struggling to use the CCR . It keeps stalling and freezing etc and is just a nightmare to use. I have a feeling I have made a big mistake in purchasing Cricut now after reading everyone elses issues.

Is Craft room the only design application I can use with the mini? ( i dont own a gypsy and wont be purchasing in fear it messes up!) My worry is that I cannot use the machine that I just bought because the application I HAVE to use doesnt work... Surely PC have to do something here?
Soo Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:06:02 PM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: a_toye1722c080e Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone - I purchased a Cricut Mini last week and I am now struggling to use the CCR . It keeps stalling and freezing etc and is just a nightmare to use. I have a feeling I have made a big mistake in purchasing Cricut now after reading everyone elses issues.

Is Craft room the only design application I can use with the mini? ( i dont own a gypsy and wont be purchasing in fear it messes up!) My worry is that I cannot use the machine that I just bought because the application I HAVE to use doesnt work... Surely PC have to do something here?

Contact customer support and I'm sure they'll help you figure out what the issue is.

I love the Craft Room. I use it with my Imagine and my E2 and don't have any issues with it. So don't abandon hope!
Just Rachel Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:14:12 PM(UTC)
Just Rachel

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It is most likely the software or your computer and not your Cricut. Even with 4GB of ram it is so sluggish on my computer! I may get more memory, but, am not even sure this would help. Perhaps your computer can't handle it well.

Edited by user Thursday, August 08, 2013 1:15:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

a_toye1722c080e Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 3:51:30 PM(UTC)
a_toye1722c080e

Hi guys thanks for the response...

I thought it was my laptop but I tried it on a brand new laptop tonight and the same thing is happening.

Rang customer service and they said its because I use satellite broadband?
I have an older version of norton on computer so might google how to had exclusions etc

Thanks again just starting to panic as I have to create about 100 wedding invites for about 2 weeks time!
Narelle Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:30:19 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
You really do need a good/fast/stable Internet connection for CCR to work well. I think the speed is the issue with Satellite broadband unfortunately, which is why it's not supported by PC.

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Just Rachel on 8/8/2013(UTC)
Just Rachel Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:38:18 PM(UTC)
Just Rachel

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Good to know about the satellite. I have that also. No other options at all. The Craft Room does work, however. I will give up on it ever being any better. BigGrin I suppose I should practice using my machine without the Craft Room software.