Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Soshescraps Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:58:38 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 881 post(s)
My question is will the new cartridges come with the universal overlay or will we have to purchase it separately? So in other words, we will have to purchase the cart that only comes with the cart and hand booklet, then turn around and purchase the universal overlay? Are the carts cheaper or will we spend more money on PC products because we have to purchase the overlay?

This change isn't something that I am excited about. Yes I have an E2 and Imagine and gypsy that don't require an overlay. But I also have the original expression and I purchased a baby bug for my aunt. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I buy her a cart (newer) one, then I have to spend more money purchasing the overlay?
Friend958 Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:58:35 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 206 post(s)
When I go old school and use the jukebox I will just leave one overlay on and use it for multiple carts. So I do like the idea of a universal overlay. The smaller size boxes look nice. Are they cardboard or plastic. I like the old cardboard boxes, don't care for the plastic ones. I like keeping my cartridges in their boxes. So it will mess up my organization.
Annabella Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
The new universal overlays will only work on cartridges that are released after August 1, 2013. So they won't work on the older cartridges.

I meant with the new ones-golly!!!!
scrappymom Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:25:50 PM(UTC)
scrappymom

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)
I don't mind the smaller boxes at all....didn't think about the handbooks changing size too. I just bought a new snap box that my handbooks fit into perfectly, with plenty of room to expand, now it may not work with the new ones. That is a bummer but certainly not a deal breaker for me. I guess with the universal overlay I would have to get a new cart and check out how it works before I decide if I like it or not, it does kind of make sense though. I know a lot of people number their hand books. I always use my G so I don't use the overlays anyway.
CricketCMV Offline
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:51:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
Well, as long as I can store them on my computer or transfer them to an SD card - then by my definition they belong to me.

To my way of thinking, this is probably not correct. Just because we have them stored somewhere else does not mean they would work if PC's systems are down (for any reason). If their systems are down, CCR would be down, also. So, there would be no way to use our images we think we have stored/transferred in some other way.

Char