Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Nallian Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:06:07 PM(UTC)
Nallian

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What do you guys think of no overlays starting August with the new carts? The first cart is a new wall art cart. I am liking the icons but not sure if I love it enough to buy it.
marytcrafts Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 3:17:22 PM(UTC)
marytcrafts

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think the new cartridge is pretty cute and I think it will be fine not getting overlays. I know a lot of people already renumber their books (I don't), but this will just mean less storage, and the new packaging looks so small so it will take up less space in my craft room. I saw that Memorymiser.com is selling the new cartridge and including the new overlay for free so that might be nice too. BigGrin
 1 user thanked marytcrafts for this useful post.
Nallian on 8/1/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:39:23 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 611 post(s)
I use CCR so the new overlay won't be missed by me. I always had trouble figuring out where things were on the overlay anyways. Makes sence to have a universal one to simplify the process.

As for the new cartridge...I'm not needing any wall art so it's not a cartridge I will even want. But I look forward to other new ones coming out in the future.

About the size of the box. At first it looked like it was shorter but wider (longer??) than the old rectangled ones so was worried they wouldn't fit in my wire racks where I store them. But now that I see they are same width and just half the height...they will fit and won't be a problem for me at all.

I would love to see what the new books looks like. It's weird that photos of the books haven't been shared. I'm guessing they are square like the box is.

Joyce
joyfullycrafting Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:52:03 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1554 time(s) in 1245 post(s)
I am kind of liking this new cart. We will see if how cheap I can find it in the months to come!

And the jury is still out on the new overlays.
married05 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 7:50:37 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I'm ok with it since it seems like cartridge prices may go down. And I'll be able to use it with the Sesame Street Friends cartridge I have with no overlay.

Can someone explain to me how you renumber the pages so older cartridges will work with the new overlay?
JoyceG Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:34:28 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Originally Posted by: married05 Go to Quoted Post
I'm ok with it since it seems like cartridge prices may go down. And I'll be able to use it with the Sesame Street Friends cartridge I have with no overlay.

Can someone explain to me how you renumber the pages so older cartridges will work with the new overlay?

I read the Q/A's about the new universal overlay and it says it's NOT gonna be compatable with the carts released before august 1, 2013. Guess the pages won't match with the keys. Makes sense cause some of my carts have like 60 pages in them. But I guess you could write in the books and change the page numbers to make them match up.

Joyce

MaryScraps Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:33:02 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
Originally Posted by: married05 Go to Quoted Post

You start page one where the first image is. In the Sesame Street Friends cartridge Page 28 is where the first image starts. So Page 28 would be page 1. Page 29 would be page 2 and so on.
It is easy to do. Then it will Correspond with the new overlay.

Edited by user Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:34:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Smoochie Grandma on 8/3/2013(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:39:12 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6935 time(s) in 2822 post(s)
I like the idea of the new overlay. It am counting where the image is already.
So this will make that process easier. At first the handbook looked confusing to me.
Now I am getting used to it.
I don't think I will be getting the Home Decor vinyl wall art.
I am not really into the vinyl wall art. But, I will be getting the new Circle Cartridge Charmed. This cartridge includes the new overlay. I also bought on off of ebay because I have 2 machines that I can use it with. So each machine will have the universal overlay.
I have trouble seeing the images on the overlays that correspond with the cartridge.
I think this new overlay will help me a lot.
BJR Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:41:40 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
So I am an old style person- I like the old overlays and find them very useful. Not sure I'll care for the new ones. BJR.
 2 users thanked BJR for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/4/2013(UTC), HeatherMayfield1 on 8/4/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:35:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
So I am an old style person- I like the old overlays and find them very useful. Not sure I'll care for the new ones. BJR.

My sentiments, exactly. I'm not sure I'll be buying any new cartridges from here on out. I like how things were; I like the sizes of the cartridges and I don't want anything to mess up my system as it is now and I certainly don't want to add to it.

I can't say NEVER, I don't think think I'll ever buy another cartridge that is not the same as the cartridges I have now. I have thousands and thousands of images to play with.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
BJR on 8/5/2013(UTC)
Tina E Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:10:52 PM(UTC)
Tina E

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
I have been working with overlays and CCR and I can say each has their own advantages. I do like my overlays but just can't make out most of the little designs on each (even with reading glasses).

I'm not a huge fan of CCR as you have to be online. I wish they still offered Design Studio so I could make my designs and cut. Before I got back into scrapping I had DS and sold it because I never used it, now I kick myself in the behind!

Smaller boxes on the over 300 cartridges I have would have been nice from the beginning but now it's just to late and will be a mess with the new boxes. I'm sure I'll figure it out (someday).

I will say I don't like change and I realize things changes, companies change, etc. But trying to fix what isn't broken isn't PC's problem. They need to work on the problems they HAVE first.

HeatherMayfield1 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:43:24 PM(UTC)
HeatherMayfield1

United States

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Is there still a booklet with the new smaller boxes? Concerned the booklets might have gone away.

I personally really liked the old overlays. I used them alot, especially project carts and create a critter. I would use the overlays and cartridge all by themselves. I wonder if this is past of PC move away from physical carts or a compromise in keeping the physical carts.
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 6:19:42 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
There is still a handbook with the carts. It's a smaller 3.5 x 3.5 size {roughly half the width of the old handbook}.

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Carolyn on 8/5/2013(UTC)
SouthernVintage Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 9:10:08 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 802 time(s) in 714 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
There is still a handbook with the carts. It's a smaller 3.5 x 3.5 size {roughly half the width of the old handbook}.

Those images aren't on the cart I have (Home Décor Vinyl Wall Art). Is another one out that I've missed already?
scrapalette Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 10:39:58 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
That is a photo from the new Circle cart, Charmed. It's also in the new format and uses the universal overlay.
SouthernVintage Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 11:30:49 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 802 time(s) in 714 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
That is a photo from the new Circle cart, Charmed. It's also in the new format and uses the universal overlay.

Oh...thank you! I thought I missed it elsewhere.
PattiBlankenship Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 12:04:37 PM(UTC)
PattiBlankenship

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I just measured my Artbin Cricut cartridge holders, and the section that holds the overlay and handbook is 4 inches wide so it should be okay to hold the new handbook. I am happy to see that because I have 12 cartridge holders, 11 full and 1 half full.

My favorite cartridges are the CTMH ones, all 3. I wonder if they will continue to make carts and if their format will change also.

I bought the 2 rolling boxes to hold the Artbin holders and they only measure 17" X 15.5" each. That is a very small space to hold almost 200 cartridges and accessories. It will be time to quit buying cartridges when the 12th is full. I keep an updated list of my cartridges with the box number listed so they are very easy to find.

I hope PC gets their "glitch" fixed soon so I can place my order. They have had so many problems, and I think it is time for them to look into a new IT team. I'm jus saying. It also would be nice if they would come on the board once in a while to keep us informed. I have wasted a lot of time in the last 5 days checking the message boards and Rewards site. I could have been crafting.