Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricutCutie Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:49:17 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 109 post(s)
I've purchased several things from CCR and haven't had any problems with my images before today. I have one of the mascots off Team Spirit that I plan to cut in vinyl for my son's computer before the school year starts. I have all the layers planned out and added a small heart from CCR Basics on its own layer today to test my settings for the kiss cut. I had no trouble cutting that layer. However, once I tried to cut any of the other layers, I get nothing. My connection is there - I can load and unload my mat just fine - but when I hit cut, it jumps to the next layer like it did it, but nothing happens on my machine. I tried restarting both my computer and Cricut several times, with the Cricut plugged in first, afterwards, etc. - every combo I could think of. I even re-created my design a 2nd time in a separate file thinking maybe it had been corrupted - but no go.

I figure I'll have to call PC this week to talk to someone - but wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem and what fixed it? I was jazzed about getting this done today and it really took the fun out of my day. Sad
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 7:16:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
If you purchased a single image from Team Spirit, make sure you are using that single image from the list of carts/images when you add the layers to the mat. You can't use the one from the Team Spirit cart {even though it is the same image}.

If you're using the correct image, you can try PMing CricutGena as she was able to help several people this weekend that were having problems. But since it's getting late, she might not be back online tonight.
CricutCutie Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 2:50:04 PM(UTC)
CricutCutie

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 109 post(s)
Good ol' PC Customer Service! I spent just over 5 minutes on the phone (including hold time) and got my fix!

For those that hadn't heard and in case others run into the same issues...when single images are purchased where a full cartridge exists, there is a special way to cut the images that you don't have to do when cutting images that are truly singles.

Under Machine & Mats in CCR, choose Imagine machine (even if you don't have one) and in the Print Preview, choose Cut (rather than print & cut). The only thing I don't love about this work around is that it changes the images back to default colors so during the view, I lost my personalized colors and had a little trouble remembering what color I should use for each layer. But other than that, I got through it! I completed my first vinyl project - and can safely say, I probably won't be doing tons of them. Huh

Seems these instructions are on the website but I hadn't seen it. http://www.cricut.com/ho...how-to-cut-single-images