Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tycomike1975 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 8:11:25 AM(UTC)
tycomike1975

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 9 post(s)
So I decided to try and use the CCR, after using the CDS for years. My machine the firmware updates. I played around with CCR for a bit, then went into CDS. The machine wouldn't cut anything. So I got back into CCR to try and do my cuts, and again CCR says there are updates. So I put it into update mode and try to do the updates, it won't recognize the machine, it also won't restart it, but it does put through the updates. So I go back to CDS to do the updates there, and now the machine is stuck in the update mode. I've been on the phone a couple times with Cricut this morning. They are troubleshooting it with me. What a nightmare.
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 12:46:56 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I have to ask ..why are you going back and forth between DS and CCR to update both? forget DS and just work with CCR. The two of them do not intertwine nor depend on each other.

Joyce
MaryStillman Online
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:51:13 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
I have to ask ..why are you going back and forth between DS and CCR to update both? forget DS and just work with CCR. The two of them do not intertwine nor depend on each other.

Joyce

There are things you can do with DS that cannot be done in CCR (like designing off the mat). CCR is iffy for me, although I do try to use it.

Mary
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 6:57:06 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
There are things you can do with DS that cannot be done in CCR (like designing off the mat). CCR is iffy for me, although I do try to use it.

Mary

But they no longer do updates on the DS which is why I'm questioning her. I use to use DS too but once I went to CCR..I never looked back at DS because I was using carts that I couldn't add to it.

Now I got a question for you Mary, why would you need to design off the mat? I'm not trying to be difficult...just curious.

Joyce

tycomike1975 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 7:09:10 PM(UTC)
tycomike1975

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 9 post(s)
IT WORKS! Stupid me put the wrong machine in for the update. I'm only going to be using my Expression on CCR, and my Personal (thought it was a Create) on DS. Provocraft Tech and Customer Service really helped me out again. Thanks.
BJR Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:03:35 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Glad to hear you got it straightened out. That is a good strategy I think. I am keeping a machine to work with it and not further updated. Why- because I too like DS. BJR.
krafty kate Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:24:02 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I really love DS and thought that CCR would be like it.

I was used to the group & weld aspect of the Gypsy but that's not how CCR works, the grouping just groups things HAHA!

I just wish PC would have ONE way of working with things and keep making that ONE way better.

The fact that DS doesn't tie you to the internet (and all its problems), the fact that the Gypsy doesn't tie you to anything, let alone the Computer and the internet, are valuable features that PC have completely lost sight of.

This company, Provocraft, has had some fantastic ideas, some have had their flaws BUT fantastic never the less. I wish they would develop the full potential of each of these products instead of leaping onto the next GREAT THING
JoyceG Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:29:05 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: tycomike1975 Go to Quoted Post
IT WORKS! Stupid me put the wrong machine in for the update. I'm only going to be using my Expression on CCR, and my Personal (thought it was a Create) on DS. Provocraft Tech and Customer Service really helped me out again. Thanks.

I am so glad you got it working now. ThumpUp

Joyce

joyfullycrafting Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:47:45 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
But they no longer do updates on the DS which is why I'm questioning her. I use to use DS too but once I went to CCR..I never looked back at DS because I was using carts that I couldn't add to it.

Now I got a question for you Mary, why would you need to design off the mat? I'm not trying to be difficult...just curious.

Joyce

There have been times when I only wanted part of a cut, and the hide contour feature did help because I wanted the outside part of the cut. So you can pull the image off of the edge of the mat and cut only the part you want.

Once I wanted just a hand, so used PPDU and pulled the doll off of the mat and left the hand.

Or, of you want to cut something REALLY BIG, you can make the cut HUGE by pulling parts off of the mat. Someone once made like a five foot vinyl tree by pulling parts off the mat and cutting it in parts, then pieced it back together on their wall. It was really a great project!

MaryStillman Online
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:14:21 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)

Joyce

Besides what everyone else said, you can make swing cards using symmetrical images by putting half the image on the mat and half off the mat. You also place your paper part way off the mat. That way only half the image cuts. I'll attach a couple pictures.
MaryStillman attached the following image(s):
ChristmasCard.jpg
HKDesigningOffTheMat.jpg