Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jgriffin06072de39605 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:43:10 AM(UTC)
jgriffin06072de39605

Groups: Registered

i have had the Cricut Mini a year and haven't been able to use it. i kept thinking it was operator error bc it kept saying it couldn't connect to the internet. i have it connected to my computer which is very much connected to the internet... my PC is connected through WiFi, is that a problem? I have been troubleshooting for HOURS... installed software, uninstalled all the software, made the program a trusted program in my firewall settings but every time i open the software it gives me an error message and says it has no internet connection....what gives??????Mad
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:43:32 AM(UTC)
jgriffin06072de39605

shortly after posting the above issue, I changed my default browser and now it says "initializing craft room" but that's all its been doing for 30 minutes. does it normally take this long?
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:30:05 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello, these issues are computer and internet related. Fortunately we have an excellent customer service department. Please give them a call at 877-7cricut. We would be happy to assist you.

-Cricut Gena
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:50:03 PM(UTC)
jgriffin06072de39605

I was going to call but they are closed on weekends apparently :(
MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:05:55 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello, these issues are computer and internet related. Fortunately we have an excellent customer service department. Please give them a call at 877-7cricut. We would be happy to assist you.

-Cricut Gena

But Cricut Gena, if you are selling a product that is internet dependent the product should either contain a warning on the box that a high speed connection is required, and that virus or firewall has to be disabled. To me, the best would be a non internet based software.

Time after time, people continue to post requests for help because the mini they purchased will not work with the free software program. It would be great if PC took a different approach rather then telling customers to turn off their virus or firewall to provide a non-internet based program that works right out of the box.

I think the mini is an excellent machine. It is too bad it doesn't work for everyone that purchases it.

Just my opinion,

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Just Rachel on 8/17/2013(UTC)
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:24:01 PM(UTC)
jgriffin06072de39605

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
But Cricut Gena, if you are selling a product that is internet dependent the product should either contain a warning on the box that a high speed connection is required, and that virus or firewall has to be disabled. To me, the best would be a non internet based software.

Time after time, people continue to post requests for help because the mini they purchased will not work with the free software program. It would be great if PC took a different approach rather then telling customers to turn off their virus or firewall to provide a non-internet based program that works right out of the box.

I think the mini is an excellent machine. It is too bad it doesn't work for everyone that purchases it.

Just my opinion,

Mary

Mary,
I'm still unable to use the stupid machine, do you know what exactly I need to do to make it work?? Customer support only works banker hours (and I don't ) so I have no idea when i'll be able to call them to get help. If you could send me some pointers i'd really appreciate it.

BTW the only warning that a high speed internet connection is required, is a little sticker (that is still on the waxy paper) in with the getting started guide... I guess the new cricut mini owner can put the sticker on the newly purchased machine that will not work because they didn't include "must remove firewall settings & virus protection" & "will not work if chrome is your default browser" stickers.LOL

I would like to know what exactly I paid so much money for because the crappy software is online, you need another $200 in accessories (vinyl, transfer tape, scrapers, mats, etc) and lets not forget every cartridge is $40-$50. I feel like a paid $100+ for a fancy Xacto knife at this point, except I would have made my project by now if I had just bought Xacto knives!!!Cursing Angry
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:47:08 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
You need to add the following exceptions/exclusions to your anti-virus program: Cricut-Craft Room.exe, CCRBridge.exe and Cricut Sync.exe

How you do that depends on which anti virus program you use. If you can't work it out please post which program you are using.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 8/18/2013(UTC)
tlbarr170efdfae Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:30:30 AM(UTC)
tlbarr170efdfae

I just purchased the Cricut Mini this weekend and I'm experiencing the same problem. I have already tried everything in this thread, any other ideas?????Angry
sweets6eb2ba0c Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:55:51 AM(UTC)
sweets6eb2ba0c

I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it still doesn't work. This is the second time I've had this problem and I do have high speed internet. It's really a shame that if we have a project to work on we have to wait until a weekday to get it resolved. Sometimes the weekends are the only times crafters have a chance to craft.
MaryStillman Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:57:34 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Customer Service was able to help me when I could not update my gypsy. I am very uncomfortable with the solution, however, because it created a back door for viruses to get to my computer. I just used it as a temporary solution to update my gypsy, and works if you have Norton. Customer Service had me add the cricut sync folders to an exception list so that Norton would not scan it for viruses (I know, yuck). I did this only as a few minute fix while my gypsy updated. I then went back into Norton and immediately undid the exception.

If you can wait until Monday, you should so that Customer Service can give you the instructions, rather then take it from me. It's better for Customer Service to be the responsible party for this information as they are the experts.

Mary