Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:17:34 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I know I'm fortunate to be able to live in an area where we have high speed internet, fortunate to be able to have A newer computer with 8GB RAM when using my MINI (however, my OLD XP computer works great with my Expression and CCR with only 2GB RAM) and very fortunate that the two CRICUTS I have set up in CCR have been GOOD machines from the outset.................but, I'm wondering if a lot of you FINALLY got your Cricuts working with CCR who were having problems in the past.

PLEASE.....I don't want any bashing of PC going on in this thread from people who don't LOVE PC the way a lot of us LOVE PC's products. ALSO, if you don't love using your machines online....well, I'm not really wanting to hear that here, either. You can start your own posts for that.

I'm just hoping a lot of you finally got set up and are using CCR when you thought you would never get to use the program; just HOPING you finally got set up.

CAN WE HEAR FROM YOU? How did you get your issue resolved? Is it everything you wanted it to be?

I LOVE CCR!

Char
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:18:42 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
I LOVE my Cricuts (I have four of them). BUT, I just don't want to use CCR. I do have a computer in my craft room, but it is vintage and takes FOREVER to turn on, and with my Gypsy, I can have my project welded or contour hidden and my cut made by the time the computer would be booted up and CCR open. It is a time thing for me.

So, I just stick with my precious Gypsy. I hope she lives forever.

HOWEVER, if CCR were available to use on a tablet (meaning I could design AND cut with a tablet), I would probably give it a try. Soon, DH is getting an ipad and I am going to inherit his tablet. I can't wait!

I am glad that CCR works for you!
 2 users thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/17/2013(UTC), TammyPuckett on 8/23/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:55:27 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I LOVE my Cricuts (I have four of them). BUT, I just don't want to use CCR. I do have a computer in my craft room, but it is vintage and takes FOREVER to turn on, and with my Gypsy, I can have my project welded or contour hidden and my cut made by the time the computer would be booted up and CCR open. It is a time thing for me.

So, I just stick with my precious Gypsy. I hope she lives forever.

HOWEVER, if CCR were available to use on a tablet (meaning I could design AND cut with a tablet), I would probably give it a try. Soon, DH is getting an ipad and I am going to inherit his tablet. I can't wait!

I am glad that CCR works for you!

I always think it's so weird when others say everything takes so long for CCR to come up for them. It's instant for me....and, I think for many others. I just wonder why it takes so long for others?
Well, thanks for being glad for me (and those of us who don't have the incessant problems some have out here).

Char
joyfullycrafting Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:46:21 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
I think it takes so long to load because the computer is SO OLD. And the laptop I use all of the time is not a whole bunch better. AND, our internet is not the fastest, although we did just upgrade it last week.

But mostly I think because of the age and slowness of the computer that I would use CCR on.

Also, we camp alot out in the middle of noplace. No internet, but we do take a generator for electricity. I take my baby bug and Gypsy and have a great time, but CCR would not work for me in the mountains! LOL
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/17/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:57:29 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I think it takes so long to load because the computer is SO OLD. And the laptop I use all of the time is not a whole bunch better. AND, our internet is not the fastest, although we did just upgrade it last week.

But mostly I think because of the age and slowness of the computer that I would use CCR on.

Also, we camp alot out in the middle of noplace. No internet, but we do take a generator for electricity. I take my baby bug and Gypsy and have a great time, but CCR would not work for me in the mountains! LOL

I know most who bought their Gypsys love them! I don't blame them. My main reason for not buying one at launch was the pricing.....but, mostly the fact it was a small screen. That would not have worked so good for me with my arthritis issues (holding onto smaller things is not the easiest, so the computer keyboard and screen works so much better for me.

We all have our reasons....and, we should respect everyone else's decisions. Most of us certainly do.

Char
sewnmachine Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:59:16 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
I used to have great success with CCR and loved it. No more. Over time it has just gotten buggier and buggier. It will now only work about 50% of the time. All my machines and programs are up to date. But I keep getting "breakpoint exception" errors. Customer service could not help.

I just bought a refurb Expression and I am going back to "old school" and just using my carts. And honestly I never did do a lot of fancy welding or anything else that required CCR.

So, no. CCR is no longer working for me. But my carts work just fine.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/18/2013(UTC)
Soo Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:51:43 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I love the Craft Room!! I don't think I could go back to using my Cricut without it.

A few weeks ago I completed a project made up of over 100 different cuts. I was able to lay them out easily in CCR (took 12 large 24x12 mats!) to make the best use of the paper and then cut them efficiently just loading mat after mat. I truly can not imagine how I would have done it without the Craft Room.

3 users thanked Soo for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/18/2013(UTC), CricutMallie on 8/19/2013(UTC), JoyceG on 8/22/2013(UTC)
love2scrap Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:40:46 AM(UTC)
love2scrap

Australia

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I have just gone back to using CCR as the new Artbooking cartridge is not on the gypsy yet and I hate not been able to see what size things are been cut at. I have gone from loving CCR, to hating it, to loving it again. I hated it because it was too but this had nothing to do with the program - it was my old laptop. Now that I have a new laptop, I am loving it again. I now prefer it to the gypsy just because of the features on it. I still have more to explore on it and it does bug up every now and then, but I can get most things done on it now.

Moving forward, I would love to have a ccr app on my ipad so that I can design on it, save it to my account and then cut it from my laptop. This would give us the flexibility without an extra layout for a new machine. You don't need to cut from the ipad/tablet if you can save the files to your ccr account.
 1 user thanked love2scrap for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:31:54 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
I try to use CCR once in a while. These are some of the bugs that I have encountered and have not found a solution to.

Welded objects cut the first time as welded. Paper reloaded and the second cut of the same image cuts unwelded. Stop and repair, cut again, welded, 2nd time again unwelded.

Over welding destroys some images...I mean the images grey out and will not cut. Sometimes clicking on one of the welded shapes and sending backward or forward fixes this, but not always.

Mat orientation. My screen is wider rather then higher. I prefer a horizontal mat to a vertical mat. I can see more of the screen and the image tray would not get in the way.

Last, not a CCR fault, my internet cuts off sometimes and I loose connection to CCR. I can waste too much paper when that happens.

Mary

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:32:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fix formatting

2 users thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/18/2013(UTC), TammyPuckett on 8/23/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:37:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
I used to have great success with CCR and loved it. No more. Over time it has just gotten buggier and buggier. It will now only work about 50% of the time. All my machines and programs are up to date. But I keep getting "breakpoint exception" errors. Customer service could not help.

I just bought a refurb Expression and I am going back to "old school" and just using my carts. And honestly I never did do a lot of fancy welding or anything else that required CCR.

So, no. CCR is no longer working for me. But my carts work just fine.

I'm surprised you were able to use your CRICUT manually after you used it in CCR. After the update before the very last one, my Expression was rendered useless when I unplugged it from my computer one day to use it manually. I just thought they all got rendered useless in that way. OR, ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAD TO BUY A REFURBISHED ONE BECAUSE THE ONE YOU WERE USING IN CCR no longer worked manually?

I'm sorry it got buggier and buggier; especially after you were able to use it at one point. That must have been really disappointing.

I guess we could all have those problems, eventually.

I ended up buying a backup Expression (in case I'm ever in the middle of a project and unable to use CCR due to electrical problems. It has happened before and very frustrating when you're on a deadline and need to finish something stat)!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:39:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Soo Go to Quoted Post
I love the Craft Room!! I don't think I could go back to using my Cricut without it.

A few weeks ago I completed a project made up of over 100 different cuts. I was able to lay them out easily in CCR (took 12 large 24x12 mats!) to make the best use of the paper and then cut them efficiently just loading mat after mat. I truly can not imagine how I would have done it without the Craft Room.

WOW! Were you able to do that in one project? I thought we could only have eight to ten mat layers on one project?

I can't wait to use my 12X24 mat; have had it for quite a while now. I need to use it.

I love CCR, also.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:41:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: love2scrap Go to Quoted Post
I have just gone back to using CCR as the new Artbooking cartridge is not on the gypsy yet and I hate not been able to see what size things are been cut at. I have gone from loving CCR, to hating it, to loving it again. I hated it because it was too but this had nothing to do with the program - it was my old laptop. Now that I have a new laptop, I am loving it again. I now prefer it to the gypsy just because of the features on it. I still have more to explore on it and it does bug up every now and then, but I can get most things done on it now.

Moving forward, I would love to have a ccr app on my ipad so that I can design on it, save it to my account and then cut it from my laptop. This would give us the flexibility without an extra layout for a new machine. You don't need to cut from the ipad/tablet if you can save the files to your ccr account.

I'm glad it's working for you, once again!

I know others would love to have the capability to use CCR on their ipads; maybe PC is listening! Hope so.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:47:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
I try to use CCR once in a while. These are some of the bugs that I have encountered and have not found a solution to.

Welded objects cut the first time as welded. Paper reloaded and the second cut of the same image cuts unwelded. Stop and repair, cut again, welded, 2nd time again unwelded.

Over welding destroys some images...I mean the images grey out and will not cut. Sometimes clicking on one of the welded shapes and sending backward or forward fixes this, but not always.

Mat orientation. My screen is wider rather then higher. I prefer a horizontal mat to a vertical mat. I can see more of the screen and the image tray would not get in the way.

Last, not a CCR fault, my internet cuts off sometimes and I loose connection to CCR. I can waste too much paper when that happens.

Mary

That sounds pretty quirky, Mary (welded objects not cutting as welded). I have no idea how that would happen; you shouldn't have to keep rewelding them. Would it help to GROUP them (as well as weld them)? I mean, it doesn't seem like you should have to do that, but I would try it.

ALSO, be sure to do the FEEDBACK (in the left hand menus) and let PC know what's going on. It might be a simple fix and it might just be something they're not aware of that's happening to others, too.

I would also do FEEDBACK to ask for PC to allow us to turn the mats the way we need them for our projects. IF ENOUGH OF YOU WOULD DO THAT (who would like to see that feature)....that might also be an easy fix.

IF WE'RE NOT LETTING PC know these problems, they may not know we're having them. We can talk about them on these MBs (I've seen plenty of posts whereby users would like to be able to change the orientation) all we want; but, I think FEEDBACK would be the best way to let PC know what we need/want.

Char
ladybugstamper Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:00:07 PM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
CCR used to work with my expression. Then there were updates with CCR and windows 8 and it no longer recognizes my expression, cake or Obug. Even when set to run as administrator or in windows 7. Pc tried to help but they weren't able to

I no longer look at digital cartridges or CCR anymore.

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:00:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling error

2 users thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/18/2013(UTC), HelloTink on 8/25/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:26:29 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
That sounds pretty quirky, Mary (welded objects not cutting as welded). I have no idea how that would happen; you shouldn't have to keep rewelding them. Would it help to GROUP them (as well as weld them)? I mean, it doesn't seem like you should have to do that, but I would try it.

ALSO, be sure to do the FEEDBACK (in the left hand menus) and let PC know what's going on. It might be a simple fix and it might just be something they're not aware of that's happening to others, too.

I would also do FEEDBACK to ask for PC to allow us to turn the mats the way we need them for our projects. IF ENOUGH OF YOU WOULD DO THAT (who would like to see that feature)....that might also be an easy fix.

IF WE'RE NOT LETTING PC know these problems, they may not know we're having them. We can talk about them on these MBs (I've seen plenty of posts whereby users would like to be able to change the orientation) all we want; but, I think FEEDBACK would be the best way to let PC know what we need/want.

Char

The objects were grouped and that did not help. Yes, it was quirky.

PC did respond to another user about the mat orientation. They said it was orientated as it would feed into the cricut. What I have done, is change the mat to 12 by 12 and design along the top part, and then change back to the mini mat and drag images to the correct places on the mat.

I do use CCR, but not that often any more. I use my gypsy instead because I don't have to use the internet to use the mini.

Mary

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:27:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Soo Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:32:48 PM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 226 time(s) in 143 post(s)
WOW! Were you able to do that in one project? I thought we could only have eight to ten mat layers on one project?

I can't wait to use my 12X24 mat; have had it for quite a while now. I need to use it.

I love CCR, also.

Char

If there is a limit to the number of layers I haven't hit it yet! Certainly wasn't any problem to manage the 12 in that project.
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:35:48 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
I have always used CCR since I got my E2 last November. I have had some problems with connection but It seems to be when the actual CCR is not funtioning well. We have cable internet and the modem is in the craft room and it seems to be functioning good. We did have problems with out internet when we first moved here and had to have them come back out and fix the problem since then it seems to be working. I haven't used my cricut that much lately I have been so busy doing other things that I have been having problems getting the time to create.

1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
sewnmachine Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:44:14 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
I'm surprised you were able to use your CRICUT manually after you used it in CCR. After the update before the very last one, my Expression was rendered useless when I unplugged it from my computer one day to use it manually. I just thought they all got rendered useless in that way. OR, ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAD TO BUY A REFURBISHED ONE BECAUSE THE ONE YOU WERE USING IN CCR no longer worked manually?

I'm sorry it got buggier and buggier; especially after you were able to use it at one point. That must have been really disappointing.

I guess we could all have those problems, eventually.

I ended up buying a backup Expression (in case I'm ever in the middle of a project and unable to use CCR due to electrical problems. It has happened before and very frustrating when you're on a deadline and need to finish something stat)!

Char

I bought a refurb Expression to keep as a back up to use with cartridges only. When CCR works for me, my machines do great - either digitally or manually. I've never had a problem with them not working after being hooked up to CCR - EXCEPT - for my old Create. But now I feel it is just less hassle for me to use carts. So, I bought another Expression to keep on hand when my Mini and Gypsy dies (which they will eventually). I have so many cartridges, I don't want to risk being without a machine to use with them. That's my plan anyhow. Old school. Cartridges. No internet.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:46:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ladybugstamper Go to Quoted Post
CCR used to work with my expression. Then there were updates with CCR and windows 8 and it no longer recognizes my expression, cake or Obug. Even when set to run as administrator or in windows 7. Pc tried to help but they weren't able to

I no longer look at digital cartridges or CCR anymore.

It's so hard to understand all these individual, DIFFERENT problems everyone has; I mean, what makes it all so complicated.

I swear I have had literally NO problems with CCR. I do think we do live in a good area with high speed and possibly our telephone lines are in great shape (who knows), plus I was able to get good machines.

I wonder if USB cables have anything to do with anything? And, the reason I say that....we were told early on if we didn't have a USB cable, we could use our printer cable. My printer cable did not work. I had to wait until PC sent me a cable.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:47:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jscraftylady Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 10:22:14 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2345 time(s) in 1260 post(s)
I still have some issues with CCR. Often when I move things around on the mat or make changes, it lags behind and then will suddenly do everything at once. That can be very frustrating, especially when I know I have a fast internet connection and a very powerful machine. I also have issues with welding and things not staying welded. Another poster mentioned welded items cutting as welded one time and then cutting without welding the very next time. I have encountered that as well.

Honestly, my biggest issue with CCR is how limited it is. I work with lots of other software and I tend to get frustrated with CCR and the things I feel like I should be able to do and can't.

I buy digital content, so I use CCR when I have to. I think that sums up how I feel about it pretty well.BigGrin
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/19/2013(UTC)
nancyh Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 4:35:45 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 645 time(s) in 483 post(s)
CCR works just so-so for me now. It used to be better, but then I got a new laptop with windows 8, and even running it as windows XP (that was what it suggested) I still have issues. One of the issues I have is problems switching back and forth between mat layers for some reason. And sometimes when I copy paste, the new image will paste onto the first one, then they are stuck together, and I can't get them apart. Glare I have lots of lag too. I really do wish it would work better for me.
 1 user thanked nancyh for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/21/2013(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 4:43:27 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 447 time(s) in 390 post(s)
I initially had some trouble using CCR with my original Cricut so I just wouldn't use it. I had a project where I really needed tags cut a specific size so I thought I would try again. Again with the problems, so I called customer service. The rep was so nice and it was such an EASY solution.Blushing Why hadn't I called them before?!RollEyes I now have an Expression and it cuts flawlessly with CCR.Smile I will probably be using it more for my custom projects. I thought I was doomed to not be able to use it but I was wrong. I'm so glad I was wrong!LOL Love LOL LOL
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
DBCMC Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:28:25 AM(UTC)
DBCMC

United States

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 919 post(s)
Originally Posted by: love2scrap Go to Quoted Post

I so agree, I would love to be able to use my tablet so that while I am just sitting and watching tv or in between appointments when I have an idea I could work on my tablet. Great idea!!
 1 user thanked DBCMC for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:57:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
CCR works just so-so for me now. It used to be better, but then I got a new laptop with windows 8, and even running it as windows XP (that was what it suggested) I still have issues. One of the issues I have is problems switching back and forth between mat layers for some reason. And sometimes when I copy paste, the new image will paste onto the first one, then they are stuck together, and I can't get them apart. Glare I have lots of lag too. I really do wish it would work better for me.

I don't know why there would be a problem switching between mat layers.

When I copy/paste to a different mat layer, I turn the green eye on on the layer I want to paste to, copy on the mat layer the image is on and CLOSE the green eye, OPEN the green eye on the mat layer I am pasting to and click on the wording beside the green eye until it turns white. Then, I paste. If this feature isn't working properly for you, do the FEEDBACK in CCR. Maybe they have to do a little FIX somewhere that will be beneficial to you.

If images copy/paste over each other (accidentally and/or if you're unable to follow how I stated above), you can try this: Get the handles around the image (even if it is doubled) and left click on the lower right hand corner/circle. Select backward or forward (whichever is darker print). Now, try to get the handles again, and left click in the upper left corner/circle and holding the left click down, slide the image over far enough to unhook them.

DO ANY OF THESE THINGS HELP YOU?

Char
scrapalette Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:07:17 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
The copied image will "paste" onto the mat that is selected. . .regardless of the view mat "eye" being green or gray.

If the image pastes where you don't want it, you can just click the "undo" arrow.
scrapalette attached the following image(s):
a1test.jpg
CricketCMV Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:13:07 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
The copied image will "paste" onto the mat that is selected. . .regardless of the view mat "eye" being green or gray.

If the image pastes where you don't want it, you can just click the "undo" arrow.

It doesn't work for me that way. Maybe I need to do FEEDBACK. BUT, it ALWAYS works for me the way I stated above. I wonder why it works different for others.

If I don't turn the green eye OFF on the image layer I copy from, the image pastes to that image layer. I have to turn the green eye off on that mat layer and make sure the green eye is on the mat layer I want to paste to, or it doesn't work for me.

SCRAPALETTE......do you have to make the title field next to that green eye go white? Maybe you don't have to have the green eye on; maybe we just have to have that field go white before we hit paste.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:14:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:23:59 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
As Scrapalette said, provided you have the layer that you want to copy to selected (the tab will appear a light grey, all the other tabs will be a dark grey) the image should be pasted to the correct layer.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/22/2013(UTC)
swatts66 Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:38:53 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
This is a very good topic! I got an E2 2 years ago and joined the boards. I was SO completely freaked out by the problems that people were having when trying to connect to sync and CCR that I didn't even bother to try. I just used the E2 as a stand alone. Then I got a new Dell laptop and decided to try the Mini since it was supposed to be easier to connect. I connected without any problem. I didn't have to change anything or disable my virus protection. So I started using CCR and I LOVED it. Sure there were some problems with speed (even tho my Internet is good), but I really loved it so much that I rarely used the E2. Last spring I went to Mania and came home resolved to connect my E2 to CCR. Well it was not good. I spent several long conversations with PC and ultimately they told me that my virus software (McAfee) was the problem and referred me to them. McAfee said there was no way to make exceptions. Bear in mind that this same laptop easily connects to CCR with the Mini, just not with the E2. I talked to my husband's IT company that helps them with their medical software. It would probably have cost me $300-400 to get them to "fix" everything. I ended up getting an inexpensive Asus Vivobook from Amazon Prime for $400 and it connected immediately with the E2 and the mini. I use it exclusively for my Cricut stuff. And CCR still has its moments but I don't really mind. I have no idea what the differences are because this Asus also has McAfee. Go figure. It is only slightly bigger than my iPad and travels easily. I love it!
 1 user thanked swatts66 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/22/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:25:36 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
As Scrapalette said, provided you have the layer that you want to copy to selected (the tab will appear a light grey, all the other tabs will be a dark grey) the image should be pasted to the correct layer.

Again, it doesn't work that way for me.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:31:01 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: swatts66 Go to Quoted Post
This is a very good topic! I got an E2 2 years ago and joined the boards. I was SO completely freaked out by the problems that people were having when trying to connect to sync and CCR that I didn't even bother to try. I just used the E2 as a stand alone. Then I got a new Dell laptop and decided to try the Mini since it was supposed to be easier to connect. I connected without any problem. I didn't have to change anything or disable my virus protection. So I started using CCR and I LOVED it. Sure there were some problems with speed (even tho my Internet is good), but I really loved it so much that I rarely used the E2. Last spring I went to Mania and came home resolved to connect my E2 to CCR. Well it was not good. I spent several long conversations with PC and ultimately they told me that my virus software (McAfee) was the problem and referred me to them. McAfee said there was no way to make exceptions. Bear in mind that this same laptop easily connects to CCR with the Mini, just not with the E2. I talked to my husband's IT company that helps them with their medical software. It would probably have cost me $300-400 to get them to "fix" everything. I ended up getting an inexpensive Asus Vivobook from Amazon Prime for $400 and it connected immediately with the E2 and the mini. I use it exclusively for my Cricut stuff. And CCR still has its moments but I don't really mind. I have no idea what the differences are because this Asus also has McAfee. Go figure. It is only slightly bigger than my iPad and travels easily. I love it!

I have always used NORTON for security and have had NO problems with my DELL Windows 7 that my MINI is hooked up to and with my old GATEWAY Windows XP that my Expression is hooked up to.

I'm getting ready to get rid of my old GATEWAY (although, I hate to because I am told it is one of the better models that was ever produced.....but, it only holds 2GB RAM and I can't put any more RAM on it)! I'm actually keeping the 2GB cards and will put in the original card my GATEWAY came with, which is 512MB RAM, since I don't think anyone will be able to use the computer as old as it is.

I'm glad you were able to get your E2 working good.

This is about the first time I've heard anyone had problems with McAfee. I wonder how many use McAfee that were having problems and just literally gave up even trying. Maybe they could use another security option that would not cost any more than McAfee (it used to be free; is it still free?).

Char