Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jsams37afd0de Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:17:42 PM(UTC)
jsams37afd0de

Groups: Registered

So I decided to update the firmware on my cricut. Bad idea. I downloaded the latest cricutsync program and connected my machine. When i started the sync it began downloading and updating the firmware files and said not to turn off the cricut. About 2 minutes in to "Updating firmware" I got a popup that said that ccrbridge has stopped working and the cricut powered off. Now my cricut will not power on at all. It begins to come on with the gypsy logo and says "loading" in the bottom of the screen then it powers off. Rinse and repeat. This is absurd. I looked into what ccrbridge means and I found a lot of people that have had all sorts of issues with this problem. This machine was too expensive for it to be rendered useless by poor software design. I will be calling cricut and Im not happy at all.
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:51:46 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 936 time(s) in 607 post(s)
when I have done updates, the machine will shut off when it goes thru the process. But I get instructions on my laptop. It will say things like push start button while holding down the STOP button and hold until it beeps (5-10 seconds) and some lights are lit up where the overlay goes... then more updating takes place..then it shuts down again on its own. and once again I have to press start while holding stop until the machine beeps and lights come on again.

I always make sure I turn on my computer and open CCR before turning on my cricut. Try unplugging everything and reconnecting.

I do hope ya get it figured out.

Joyce
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:00:45 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7909 time(s) in 3707 post(s)
You haven't mentioned which Cricut you are trying to update....
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:21:46 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello, when you receive a message that the CCRbridge.exe program has stopped working it means that your antivirus program has blocked the program from working. You will need to contact customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
JoyceG on 8/18/2013(UTC)
leanndalton50f85b4f Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 9:34:37 PM(UTC)
leanndalton50f85b4f

Originally Posted by: jsams37afd0de Go to Quoted Post
So I decided to update the firmware on my cricut. Bad idea. I downloaded the latest cricutsync program and connected my machine. When i started the sync it began downloading and updating the firmware files and said not to turn off the cricut. About 2 minutes in to "Updating firmware" I got a popup that said that ccrbridge has stopped working and the cricut powered off. Now my cricut will not power on at all. It begins to come on with the gypsy logo and says "loading" in the bottom of the screen then it powers off. Rinse and repeat. This is absurd. I looked into what ccrbridge means and I found a lot of people that have had all sorts of issues with this problem. This machine was too expensive for it to be rendered useless by poor software design. I will be calling cricut and Im not happy at all.

I'm haveing similar problems. My cricut worked fine until I tried the update and now it won't exit update mode and I can't use it at all!! Since I can't contact customer service right now I went online and apparently this happens a lot :( I feel like there should have been some kind of warning that this could and often does completely ruin your cricut. I have spent a small fortune on my cricut and accessories. I'm furious that my cricut is ruined.Angry Mad
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 8:00:24 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello all, I guess I should clarify. The firmware updates do not harm your machines. However, if the firmware updates are not allowed to complete, you will experience issues and you will need to contact customer service for assistance. Most issues stem from antivirus programs blocking the updates. The customer service number is 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena