Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LINDARITTER Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:25:33 AM(UTC)
LINDARITTER

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm wanting to make an "ABC Album" for my 3 year old granddaugher to help her learn her abc's. It will be an 8x8 album, but unsure of the page layout and paper colors. Any help/pictures would be appreciated.
DoodleDiva Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:56:30 AM(UTC)
DoodleDiva

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1240 time(s) in 468 post(s)
I would definitely use primary colors for my papers. Use symbols like an apple for the A, dog for D, etc. Perhaps you can make the album a mini album using an apple cut for the album itself. You could really have a lot of fun with this one!
JABS Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:57:43 AM(UTC)
JABS

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The Noah's ABC cart would work for this...Add the animal, the letter and maybe the animal's name. Keep it simple and uncluttered by alternating basic primary color cardstock (and you can then also use it to ask her to name her colors too, while looking through it). Laminate it for durability and use book binding rings (or the bind-it-all/cinch)to bind it. Tie some cute ribbon on the rings/binding wire to dress it up (as long as she doesn't eat stuff like that).

I'm sure you could use Create a Critter or Animal Kingdom also for other animals.

Just some random thoughts

HTH!
ladybugstamper Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:19:57 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
Kate's ABC's and Nate's ABC's would work too. Sounds like fun
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:42:14 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I'm doing single pages (actually, only about 3"X3" cardstock) and sending them a few at a time to our DGS. He'll be three the end of September.

I have only sent three so far.....trying to send every few weeks. He LOVES getting mail.

Anyway, I did these on WHITE cardstock. I send a little note along to let him know what grandpa and I have been doing and just ask him some general questions about things I know he's been doing.

In the note I tell him he can color on the pages.

I am actually placing a little hole at the upper left corner for him to add the pages to a key ring I gave him some months back that holds some pictures of him, his dog, our home, some bushes in full bloom around our home, etc.!

The upper left corner shows the CAPITAL letter and right beside it the small letter. I usually put three pictures of something that starts with that letter, then in black letters I spell the word out of the pictures.

Just yesterday, I sent "R". I used a Rooster that's in From my Kitchen, and a rattle and rabbit that's in Cricut Sampler. These are all placed on the pages with markers....nothing is actually cut out. I'm only using "cut" to place the images on the pages in their outlines.

Before I get too far along, I'm planning on reconstructing each of the pages and embellishing them and laminating them so they will last a little longer on his key ring. I'll just compile them until I have sent all the letters and then give him the embellished key ring later on.

So, I'm not sure what colors of pages I'll do when I embellish; but, I think I'll make those all different colors.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:45:13 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I do think your 8X8 album will be very nice; sometimes, I wish I had started these pages bigger; but, it is what it is and I want to keep with what I started out with a month or so ago.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:46:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scrappy_Vee Online
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:55:02 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I do think your 8X8 album will be very nice; sometimes, I wish I had started these pages bigger; but, it is what it is and I want to keep with what I started out with a month or so ago.

Char

3x3 is a better handbag size for Mum!! At some point she will need to be in charge of the book, possibly while out doing the shopping.Smile
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/22/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
3x3 is a better handbag size for Mum!! At some point she will need to be in charge of the book, possibly while out doing the shopping.Smile

That's a great thought; don't know if his mom will carry it with her, but she might. That's a really great thought.

Char
MarleneO Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:01:43 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

United States

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Do you have the Imagine? I made a book for my grandson when he was younger and I used the Imagine Blast Off cartridge. It was so cute, the letters were perfect and the colors great. I think I made it 8 x 8 also. I wish I knew how to insert an image, I would show you a couple of pics.

Edited by user Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:05:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

williase Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 5:47:29 AM(UTC)
williase

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 23 post(s)
For my littlest guy, I kind of cheated....

I had found neon Post-It notes with the uppercase, lowercase and a sample picture in the clearance section of Office Max (S s and a pair of socks is my total fav!). I just glued the Post-It onto a piece of 6x6 cardstock paper. I alternated the plain paper in a ROYGBIV configuration. My focus was the information on the 4x3" Post-It note. My little guy loved it! I also made sure to put into a post-bound scrapbook.

Prior to that, I had made a "Shapes & Colors" book for my twins. For 'shapes', I used black paper with a chuncky font printed on vellum. I wanted to be very simple and I used simple tools to construct this book - not even sure if I used my Cricut at all! I started with the simplest chape (circle) and moved up to octogon. I figured that not many youngsters see "buckyballs" until high school! :) For 'colors', I used a 4x4" swatch of paper, rounded the corners and placed the name in another chuncky font printed on vellum. My focus again was presenting the color(red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, white, black [on white paper], and pink) in simple terms.

What's really funny is the another day, when I was reading prior to bedtime, these projects ended up being the two books they chose to have me read to them! My guys aren't toddlers anymore, so this was a great surprise to me.

Enjoy your project! Whatever manner you choose to present it in, will be treasured for years to come.