Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
MOgoggingirl Offline
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:42:35 AM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 362 post(s)
I use Microsoft Security Essentials and it is free. But it only works on computers thru Windows 7. With Windows 8 the Microsoft security is already built into the computer. At least it was for the Dell computer I just bought my son. Free is what I like best and Microsoft Security Essentials is what my tech web developer DS recommended to me. That's good enough for me! He has been dealing with computers for as long as I can remember.BigGrin BigGrin
Hope you all figure out your problems.

DonnaBigGrin
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/22/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:20:55 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I loved CCR from the first moment I started using it. I didn't have any problems with syncing or getting it to work but I did have to go watch videos on youtube and learn things it could do. Since using CCR in May (I think) I have used my cricut machine a lot more than I ever did the past 2 years.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
JoyceG Offline
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:26:29 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I know most who bought their Gypsys love them! I don't blame them. My main reason for not buying one at launch was the pricing.....but, mostly the fact it was a small screen. That would not have worked so good for me with my arthritis issues (holding onto smaller things is not the easiest, so the computer keyboard and screen works so much better for me.

We all have our reasons....and, we should respect everyone else's decisions. Most of us certainly do.

Char

That's the same reason I never was interested in the gyspy. Too small for me! I saved my money and bought me a cheap laptop ($300 one) just to use with design studio. I was super excited when they came out with CCR. Now I have the laptop that's just used for CCR and to check out cricut.com handbooks.

Joyce

Olivia'sNana Offline
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:41:38 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 910 time(s) in 444 post(s)
I have had my one and only expression now going on I think 7 years and purchased design studio shortly after getting my e. I have never used my e stand alone - tried to in a pinch but it is just too limiting. I have used ccr ever since the launch and have never had problems that caused me any great frustration and I don't even have the best of internet. CCR is so much better than ds. When I do have problems, I think it usually has to do with my internet. I have dsl and live literally at the end of the rope for distance requirements - so my son says,who works for the phone company (all greek to me)

CCR has gotten better with every update and even though it could still be improved upon and has little glitches, I would never stop using it. I just so wish they would make it a purchase software so that I could go anywhere and use it. I miss taking my cricut and laptop to the lake. I am not interested in the gypsy at all, it is way to small - I like having more real estate with my laptop to design on.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:02:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8141 time(s) in 4768 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post
I have had my one and only expression now going on I think 7 years and purchased design studio shortly after getting my e. I have never used my e stand alone - tried to in a pinch but it is just too limiting. I have used ccr ever since the launch and have never had problems that caused me any great frustration and I don't even have the best of internet. CCR is so much better than ds. When I do have problems, I think it usually has to do with my internet. I have dsl and live literally at the end of the rope for distance requirements - so my son says,who works for the phone company (all greek to me)

CCR has gotten better with every update and even though it could still be improved upon and has little glitches, I would never stop using it. I just so wish they would make it a purchase software so that I could go anywhere and use it. I miss taking my cricut and laptop to the lake. I am not interested in the gypsy at all, it is way to small - I like having more real estate with my laptop to design on.

I think you are the FIRST person I've ever heard say they like CCR over DS. I actually couldn't put DS on my old computer (tried; and, I wanted so badly to be able to weld...which I had done manually with glue and staples up to that point)! I didn't have enough RAM on my old computer; plus, it had had a virus and when I reinstalled the operating system on it, a component of Windows XP would not update because of some lawsuit with Microsoft. So, I had a "broken" operating system. DS simply would not work on it. SO, I WAS ECSTATIC when I heard we were going to get a FREE program that was at least every bit as good as DS.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:03:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Thanks, everyone, for all the input. It's interesting to see where you all are on the subject.

Any others?

Char
Olivia'sNana Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:21:54 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

[quote=CricketCMV;1751712]I think you are the FIRST person I've ever heard say they like CCR over DS.

Oh my, ccr has so many more features over ds and is easier to use, that in my opinion there is no comparison. There is one thing that ccr won't do that ds does that on a very rare occasion i will go back and us ds for. And that is where I need to cut something bigger than the mat will allow and piece together. ccr won't cut anything that lies outside the mat cutting boundaries where ds will cut what is on the mat and skip what lies outside. I really think I have the best of all worlds with the versatility of the orig expression. I have both ccr and ds on my laptop and they both work with my e and I have the old vers of scal,although I don't care for it and have only used it for a couple of projects, it still works with my e.

I have my friends imagine, which she hated and I am not too fond of myself but it works somewhat now with ccr so on rare occasion I will pull it out and see what attitude it has at the moment. Never know what or if it will do anything I want it to do from one time to the next. Besides I really like cutting and layering images, don't like the white core that you get when you color your own imagine papers and I just don't like the flat look of the printed images.

CCR & E all the way. I just hope that when my E goes that I will be able to replace it with another E.
CricketCMV on 8/23/2013(UTC)
SassyLady Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:50:13 AM(UTC)
SassyLady

Was thanked: 824 time(s) in 398 post(s)
I am still having trouble with it as it will only cut 1 page at a time and crashes! Works great otherwise. I will be calling PC again for more assistance. Guess it has to do with my anti virus and they sent me a sheet to follow and that doesn't work so I guess they will need to walk me through it. Wish I could report better news as it is great to design at work and cut at home.
 1 user thanked SassyLady for this useful post.
TammyPuckett Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:41:14 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
I have an Imagine, an Expression & a Gypsy! I like my Imagine, but I love my Expression & Gypsy! I also have DS & like to use it too. The CCR, NOT SO MUCH, but getting more use to it. I am pretty good with the computer & have found the CCR infuriating at times! I think PC has not tested & thought out some of the things that has been done in the last year or so! I hate that they are no longer updating the DS & have completely discontinued the Gypsy. I am waiting for the day that they quit updating the Gypsy too! There are lots of crops that I attend that do not have internet access which makes CCR not an option! I would like to see PC consider a hand-held device like the Gypsy only more the size of a tablet. I don't think they listen to their loyal customers when input like this is given to better their customer service!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
Jrcreate Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 12:56:27 PM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I want to try CCR... I got a new laptop that runs Windows 8 (which I sincerely do not care for). Questions:

Does CCR run on Windows 8?

If I update my CE2 to run CCR can I still use without CCR? (this scares me as I love my E2)

If I use CCR can I also still use my gypsy? I don't use my gypsy all that much but when I need it I need it.

Thanks for your advice ladies!
Jeanene
 1 user thanked Jrcreate for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:53:47 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jrcreate Go to Quoted Post

Does CCR run on Windows 8? Yes, you just have to change the compatibility mode to Windows 7.

If I update my CE2 to run CCR can I still use without CCR? (this scares me as I love my E2) - Yes, you should be able to.

If I use CCR can I also still use my gypsy? Yes.

1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:54:47 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

I want to try CCR... I got a new laptop that runs Windows 8 (which I sincerely do not care for). Questions:

Does CCR run on Windows 8?

If I update my CE2 to run CCR can I still use without CCR? (this scares me as I love my E2)

If I use CCR can I also still use my gypsy? I don't use my gypsy all that much but when I need it I need it.

Jeanene

Hopefully someone will see and respond to you that knows way more than I do about the techy stuff. All I can offer is that between myself, mother and my daughter inlaw, we have 3 orig expressions. I run ccr on my old laptop using xp, my new laptop using windows 7 professional and my mother an dil both use windows 8 but have to run ccr in windows 7 compatibility mode and both my mother and dil had to allow ccr in their anti-virus(arvast). I did not have to do anything with either of my laptops anti-virus , one is kaspersky and the other is mcafee (i think)
Narelle Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:29:05 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7878 time(s) in 3689 post(s)

Does CCR run on Windows 8? Yes it does. I recently purchased a new computer that runs Windows 8. I didn't even have to run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. And I didn't have to add any anti-virus exceptions either. Just installed CCR and off I went! But be prepared that you might have to do one or both on yours.

If I update my CE2 to run CCR can I still use without CCR? (this scares me as I love my E2). Yes.

If I use CCR can I also still use my gypsy? I don't use my gypsy all that much but when I need it I need it. Yes. In fact you can link all those carts on your Gypsy to CCR so that you will have them on both.

Jeanene

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 2:47:53 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Since this is still active, I'll post a pic of one of my frustrations. I know not everyone gets this. The shapes are grouped and welded. The rectangle just need to be a little bit bigger to cover a curved part of the b that shouldn't cut. Before making it bigger, everything worked just fine. Making the rectangle just 1/8th or less of an inch bigger caused it to pink out. I did try sending each shape backward and forward and nothing worked.

My work around will be just to use a circle and a tall skinny rectangle. or just cut on the gypsy. But, I like how the b looks. I'm making some boo cards for Halloween.

So, for those of us who have problems no one else does, no, we are not crazy.

Goofy, goofy, goofy.

Mary

And I'm giggling right now because now it saves as separate shapes and will not weld together. And now I saved it, and every single one of the shapes disappeared. I have a blank mat after saving.

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2013 3:01:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Update

MaryStillman attached the following image(s):
WhyIDontLikeCCR.JPG
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Soo Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 3:27:57 PM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Just want to echo what Narelle said -- CCR works fine with Windows 8 'as is' (ie I don't run it in compatability mode.) I also upgraded my PC recently and everything is working fine with CCR and my Imagine and E2.
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:00:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post

My Expression was rendered useless to use MANUALLY with one of the updates for CCR.

I have never heard too many say anything about this; so, I'm assuming it only happened to me, alone! (Which I don't really believe....and, I do think a few others have said they can't use theirs manually, now, too). I decided I would just live with it.....but, I wasn't too happy about it. If I didn't LOVE CCR so much, I would have fought it out more with PC. They did not believe their update caused my Expression to stop working manually....but, it did. It was working manually before the update, because I had to use it one time when I couldn't get CCR to work (when it was down) and I was trying to get something done on a deadline.

So, I don't know what the statistics are; but, there has not been much said on here by others that they have had this problem.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:07:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MaryStillman Go to Quoted Post
Since this is still active, I'll post a pic of one of my frustrations. I know not everyone gets this. The shapes are grouped and welded. The rectangle just need to be a little bit bigger to cover a curved part of the b that shouldn't cut. Before making it bigger, everything worked just fine. Making the rectangle just 1/8th or less of an inch bigger caused it to pink out. I did try sending each shape backward and forward and nothing worked.

My work around will be just to use a circle and a tall skinny rectangle. or just cut on the gypsy. But, I like how the b looks. I'm making some boo cards for Halloween.

Goofy, goofy, goofy.

Mary

And I'm giggling right now because now it saves as separate shapes and will not weld together. And now I saved it, and every single one of the shapes disappeared. I have a blank mat after saving.

I have no idea what's going on with what you're trying to do in welding those shapes together.

I just wanted to say.........I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS CRAZY who has their problems in CCR. I hope you don't think that's what I'm trying to say (I don't think you are thinking this; but, I'm not so sure).

It's sad that there are so many different systems out there trying to run other systems and they are all not compatible with each other.

AND, maybe you think those of us who don't have all that much trouble in CCR are gloating......no, we're not. I'm not, anyway. It's just interesting to me that some of us can get CCR to do almost everything we want, it's very efficient to us and others have sooooooo much trouble....through no fault of their own but just because there are so many different scenarios out there which causes problems with PC's setups for various users.

I ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW the answers to everyone's problems!! LOL.

Char
MaryStillman Offline
#48 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 4:47:29 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)

I just wanted to say.........I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS CRAZY who has their problems in CCR. I hope you don't think that's what I'm trying to say (I don't think you are thinking this; but, I'm not so sure).

It's sad that there are so many different systems out there trying to run other systems and they are all not compatible with each other.

AND, maybe you think those of us who don't have all that much trouble in CCR are gloating......no, we're not. I'm not, anyway. It's just interesting to me that some of us can get CCR to do almost everything we want, it's very efficient to us and others have sooooooo much trouble....through no fault of their own but just because there are so many different scenarios out there which causes problems with PC's setups for various users.

I ALWAYS WANT TO KNOW the answers to everyone's problems!! LOL.

Char

Char, I would never think ill of you or assume what you are thinking, and no I don't think anyone is gloating! I'm thankful that you started this post. I also like to hear success and problems people have been having. You are right about seeking the answers because that can help others.

I have no ill feelings about CCR, and at this point, it is entertaining to me to see what happens. Who knows, maybe tomorrow it will all work out.

I suspect that my internet connection has something to do with this. Although it is considered a fast connection, it can blink on and off in a millisecond without me evening knowing it, so maybe that is part of the problem.

At least I have the gypsy which works really well with the mini.

I have to say, though, that my appetite for carts has greatly decreased. I was at Joannes today looking at the carts on sale, and just walked away. I have a feeling if CCR was a desktop application, I would have probably been standing there awhile trying to decide which one to purchase.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#49 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 8:10:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I have to say, though, that my appetite for carts has greatly decreased. I was at Joannes today looking at the carts on sale, and just walked away. I have a feeling if CCR was a desktop application, I would have probably been standing there awhile trying to decide which one to purchase.

Mary

Mary - I feel the same way. I don't know what it is about the cartridges that have come out over the past few years, but they just aren't doing it for me. While they aren't doing it for me, I realize there are probably a lot of new users out here who are loving them because they are unable to get some of the great cartridges we were able to get several years ago (although, I think almost all of them are available somewhere....if you want to pay the prices for them).

Honestly, I don't know what it is I'm hoping for, but I'm not seeing anything I need/want. They all start looking the same to me. I'm easily distracted, though. I have enough "cute" stuff; I have enough frames; borders; laces; etc.!!

I don't really know what it is I'm waiting for; but, I'm not seeing it. I HAVE EVERY FAITH PC will start coming up with some new stuff, though!! SOON!! LOL. Maybe we've seen it all.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 8/24/2013(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:40:25 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 362 post(s)

Goofy, goofy, goofy.

Mary

Don't feel bad Mary. The same thing happened to me a couple of nights age when I was trying to weld some figures together. Boy was I frustrated by the time I was done. Last night it seemed to be working fine.
 2 users thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/24/2013(UTC), MaryStillman on 8/26/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:01:43 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

the other night I was cutting out images from a cartridge (I think it was Children Around the World) and I needed to cut 2 of the same image. I was cutting out the bases and one of them cut with the small cuts that shows you where to place the layers while the 2nd one didn't cut any of the marks. I thought that was really weird. has this happened to anyone else?

Joyce
CricketCMV on 8/26/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#52 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 7:43:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
the other night I was cutting out images from a cartridge (I think it was Children Around the World) and I needed to cut 2 of the same image. I was cutting out the bases and one of them cut with the small cuts that shows you where to place the layers while the 2nd one didn't cut any of the marks. I thought that was really weird. has this happened to anyone else?

Joyce

I hope someone tries this out for you, Joyce.

Char
rhondah* Offline
#53 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:49:35 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15183 time(s) in 8962 post(s)
My biggest problem is the freezing up mid cut and no way to fix unless I start over. I waste paper almost everytime I use CCR.
 1 user thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/27/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#54 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:56:07 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Mary - I feel the same way. I don't know what it is about the cartridges that have come out over the past few years, but they just aren't doing it for me. While they aren't doing it for me, I realize there are probably a lot of new users out here who are loving them because they are unable to get some of the great cartridges we were able to get several years ago (although, I think almost all of them are available somewhere....if you want to pay the prices for them).

Honestly, I don't know what it is I'm hoping for, but I'm not seeing anything I need/want. They all start looking the same to me. I'm easily distracted, though. I have enough "cute" stuff; I have enough frames; borders; laces; etc.!!

I don't really know what it is I'm waiting for; but, I'm not seeing it. I HAVE EVERY FAITH PC will start coming up with some new stuff, though!! SOON!! LOL. Maybe we've seen it all.

Char

I feel the exact same way. I have just bought 2 carts that I personally don't like at all. Stand and Salute and Dude. Why?? Because I am on the last leg of my cart collection and I "might" have a use for them someday. I will also buy the new "create a friend" cart. I don't like it, but one of the grandkids might. Besides the Artbooking cart there has not been one single new cart in the last year that appealed to me. And Joanns? Forget it.

I would love to see more "realistic" type images or background, nature images.

And in regard to the original post - I'm strictly buying carts now because CCR is too buggy for me. It is unreliable. And I don't want a big ol laptop and mouse on my crafting table.
I'm going strictly with carts now. No more digital. I don't even want a Silhouette machine anymore either.

1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 8/27/2013(UTC)
paperplayer Offline
#55 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:04:29 PM(UTC)
paperplayer

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I've been lucky enough to have had no major issues with CCR.
It boots right up, cuts great, everything is fast.
I do agree that you must have a newer computer.

As for the copy/paste issue. I have found that once I "copy" the image, I have to click on the layer I want to "paste" it too or it pastes to the original layer I was on.

I do have an issue with the images I have selected from the queue pasting outside the actual mat. Why does that happen?

Even if I have room on the mat they sometimes paste out in the "free space" if you will.

I just wish that the freebie carts would show up in the list in a different font color. That would be so much easier to identify them when you have a ton of carts.

Love CCR & my gypsy. BigGrin