Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

HoustonChick Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:49:29 PM(UTC)
HoustonChick

Groups: Registered

My DS has been doing this for so long. I have put it on different computers, have updated it and done everything possible. Sometimes when I cut a file it works fine, first time. But at other times, I'll get error message after error message before it cuts.

Usually it will say, "Your Cricut Firmware requires updating. Please choose "Update Cricut Firmware.... Then try your cut again." Updating usually doesn't solve the problem.
So, I'll click okay and try again. Sometimes that's all it takes and it will update.

Then it might say "Your Cricut was not identified. Please disconnect all USB devices... and click OK." I'll disconnect all other USB devices but it doesn't make a difference.

Then I might get "Your Cricut was not found." "Please make sure that your Cricut is connected...," which it already is.

Then I might get "Your Cricut Firmware requires updating..."

The weird thing is that if I keep clicking OK, it will eventually cut.

Sometimes it will cut the first time I try, other times it takes a combination of the above. I've tried using a Jukebox but that doesn't make a difference. I've tried using only one cartridge per cut, sometimes multiple cartridges per cut. Either way it doesn't make a difference.

Any other ideas?

Edited by user Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:58:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:02:42 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
I see you said you've updated it so I'm guessing it's the program update you are talking about. But just in case: http://mirror.cricut.com/cds/fontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

It might also be a good idea to disable your anti-virus/firewall programs when you're doing the firmware update.
HoustonChick Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:58:16 PM(UTC)
HoustonChick

I've spent hours the past few weeks on the phone and doing a screen sharing session with Provo Craft and it turns out that the 'problem' is my Cricut Machine. My Cricut is older, I've had it probably 6 years or more, and the firmware chip in it is maxed out. It can't handle the new updates. So, I have to either buy a newer Cricut, stop using the Design Studio or go back to the original update only. This sucks.

Edited by user Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:59:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HoustonChick Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 1:53:35 PM(UTC)
HoustonChick

The problem is fixed. Cricut was wrong. haha It was fun to say that! I had to install my DS on my oldest laptop with the oldest operating system with no other programs on it and it works great. Finally, after years of problems, my DS if working perfectly!!! I didn't need to get a new Cricut Machine and didn't need to give up on using DS. Yay!BigGrin And, my Cricut isn't "maxed out" and I have all the updates on it.

Edited by user Friday, November 22, 2013 1:54:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified