Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

coolmellen Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:21:31 PM(UTC)
coolmellen

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Confused Noticing some of my cartridges are becoming sticky and gummy, thought i was imagining it but I realized that they really were when I was working on a large project that involved several cartridges...Anyone having this occuring? Support is not available on weekends, I will be calling them tomorrow.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:41:18 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1553 time(s) in 1244 post(s)
Hmmm. No, none of my carts have gotten sticky. My rollers get sticky, and I have to clean them off every now and then, but not my carts. I hope you can figure out this issue!
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:49:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8311 time(s) in 4907 post(s)
Not exactly sure what you mean; do you mean where the cartridge fits down into the grooves in the machine?

Char
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:18:21 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
A couple of mine have done the same. I think it's the adhesive they've used under the label. I've only noticed it happening on my oldest carts though. I used some goo remover to clean them up. Cool

Edited by user Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:18:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

coolmellen Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:23:40 PM(UTC)
coolmellen

The actual cartridge, the grey rubbery part is what is feeling sticky like it's breaking down,not the bottom that fits into the machine, just the actual outer covering. Seems the ones I have had in my jutebox are theones most affected.
 1 user thanked coolmellen for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 8/26/2013(UTC)
coolmellen Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:14:26 PM(UTC)
coolmellen

Looks like I am the first person with the cartidges getting sticky, support says this has not been an issue. Well I, store them in drawers in teir original boxes and some I have left connected to the juteboxes,I own 102 an worry that eventually they will be useless if the outer casing(grey part) will get so gummy they will ruin the machine also.I can literally see my fingerprint on them...check your cartridges!!Angry
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 2:24:38 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: coolmellen Go to Quoted Post
Looks like I am the first person with the cartidges getting sticky, support says this has not been an issue. Well I, store them in drawers in teir original boxes and some I have left connected to the juteboxes,I own 102 an worry that eventually they will be useless if the outer casing(grey part) will get so gummy they will ruin the machine also.I can literally see my fingerprint on them...check your cartridges!!Angry

I did say in my previous post that it has happened to me. As I said, I used goo remover to clean the sticky off the cartridges.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 8:10:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8311 time(s) in 4907 post(s)
Originally Posted by: coolmellen Go to Quoted Post

I can see what Narelle is saying.

I don't have a jukebox, but I have had a few of the labels come off my cartridges (especially the newer ones when they seal them with the EULA message. Everytime I take one of those stickers off, my whole label comes off on one side. It is sticky under that label. I have tried to replace them and they stay on for a while, then the come off again when I need to handle them).

I don't know if the jukebox gets hot on the inside (don't even know how you place those cartridges in the jukebox, but if it does, I can see where that glue would get sticky and ooze out from the labels as you work with them in the jukebox).

I would do what Narelle said....clean them up with alcohol and get the sticky residue off. I would be worried about some of that getting down into my CRICUTS, too.

Someday, I think I'll have to place my own labels on my cartridges. We sure shouldn't have to do that.

I have only noticed a problem with the ones with that EULA sticker placed on them......don't think I have ever noticed a label loose on the older cartridges and I have used some of those a lot since 2008.

Char

Edited by user Monday, August 26, 2013 8:11:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Calmom Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 8:52:07 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
I have some of the first 12 Cartridges that were released, of my 203 Cartridges and I have never had a problem. I have used the Jukebox for years but not much in the last 4 years and all of those Cartridges were find also.

Are your Cartridges kept in a warm room or where the sun shines on the drawer, you keep them in? If your labels fall off, just use a alcohol pad to remove the left over glue, use a permanent marker to write the name of the Cartridge, directly on the cartridge.
Jooniper Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 11:11:08 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I had one of my older carts, New Arrival, get sticky and messy looking, but it was from the spray back of the spray adhesive I was using at the time. It was a very fuzzy dirty looking cart, but I wiped it down with alcohol and it cleaned it right up.
coolmellen Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:40:48 AM(UTC)
coolmellen

I am wiping them down...just to clarify, I am not having any problem with the labels on the carts at all, just the outer casing of the cart, the dark grey casing. Thank you to all that have posted !,
rhondah* Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:51:08 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 16770 time(s) in 9352 post(s)
Not that I have noticed...but will check it out. TFS
go-go Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:33:38 AM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Was thanked: 2006 time(s) in 793 post(s)
I have quite a few old cartridges that are sticky. I have noticed that the older ones were made using a soft, almost rubber-like material. Now they are hard plastic. Provocraft may not have been aware because it is not a problem people would really call in about.
Margo
Clammdunc Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:42:25 PM(UTC)
Clammdunc

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I pulled my Doodlecharms cartridge out yesterday and it was very sticky. I have a feeling that all of my older ones may be as well. They are stored in their original package inside of a wooden cabinet and truthfully it has only been used all of maybe 3 times. I tried Goo Gone and alcohol on it but it didn't help any. My guess is that the rubber is starting to break down.
scrappinintoronto Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:09:47 PM(UTC)
scrappinintoronto

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I just raced into my SB room expecting to find gooey gray carts. Mine seem fine. I have almost all the carts made so I only checked a couple of the very old ones. I keep mine in original boxes on shelves. I use different carts all the time so I will keep on them
June1619631a855baa Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:50:54 AM(UTC)
June1619631a855baa

Angry ALL of my older cartridges are getting sticky. I've tried everything I can think of to 'clean' one, and only one, to no avail. I'm talking about the gray case not the label area. They are getting worse as time passes.