Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Online
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:53:46 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 863 time(s) in 672 post(s)
Halloween Treats for my Partner!

Last day to mail: October 15, 2013

Partners will be Secret Sisters! Shhhh!! See if you can manage to scare the BOO! right out of your SS!

You will fill 6 trick-or-treat baggies with goodies and mail (all in one mailing) to your SS using your choice of 6 words or phrases from the list below. Your choices do NOT have to all be Halloween themed. For example, sending some black lace instead of a black Halloween cat is allowed.

You may craft small projects, buy inexpensive items, or share diecuts, stamped images, or other supplies from your stash that you know your SS will find useful in future crafting.

Your goal is to mail a fun little Halloween swap box of treats to your partner for her to enjoy. She may enjoy receiving some Halloween themed items for immediate use to make cards or treats for her family members or she may be just as happy to receive some every-day products or items or small craft embellishments for her future crafting experiences.

This swap is all about TREATING your partner. It’s not meant to be all that time consuming, stressful or expensive – just fun!

And yes, if you need to wrap some of your goodies as they won’t fit properly in a trick-or-treat baggie, that is just fine. Just use common sense.

Anyone is welcome to join except Flakers, of course! This would be a great little swap to join if you are new and looking forward to gaining some experience before the Christmas Swaps soon start up.

Check-ins will be weekly and please mark your calendars or set your iphone reminders to check in weekly so I don't waste precious time chasing you down.

Please also make sure I have your mailing address as well as an alternative way to contact you should you not be able to get logged onto this MB and go MIA for several days and have us worrying about you.

Also, please get a delivery confirmation number (tracking number/label number) when you mail out your pkg. It is free if you mail priority and around 80 cents to get when mailing via regular mail. And mailing priority is not necessary as long as you mail by the due date.

Swappers:

1. scrappingwen rcvd from MissStamper, pics posted
2. planlady19 rcvd from Caffinee, pics posted
3. JeanP rcvd from Kiethann, pics posted
4. MissStamper rcvd from Candy on Sat. Oct 12, pics posted
5. Bklynborn rcvd from scrappingwen, pics posted
6. CricutCrazy rcvd from Bklynborn, pics posted
7. BeetleBugMart rcvd from LadyKing, pics posted
8. Scrapin*Creations rcvd from scrappinmomma, pics posted
9. Lady King rcvd from AmyLendall on Mon Oct 21, acknowledged but unable to post pics
10. JrCreate rcvd from Scrapin*Creations, pics posted
11. Scrappin'momma rcvd from JeanP on Tues. Oct 15, pics posted
12. Caffinee rcvd from planlady19 on Tues. Oct 15, pics posted
13. Kiethann rcvd from CricutCrazy, pics posted
14. CandyHazzard rcvd from JrCreate, pics posted
15. AmyLendall rcvd from Beetlebugmart, pics posted

16. SharlenesCrafts (removed from swap on Oct. 7th for lack of communication)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:03:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Online
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 1:56:12 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Please choose six (6) words from this list to work with to come up with ideas and treats for your partner!

Happy Halloween!
Potions
Pumpkins
Grunge
Steampunk
Black
Orange
Best Witches!
Candy, sweets or treats
Masks
Scaredy cat!
Boos & hisses!
Beary Scary Halloween!
Make 3 witches!
No Tricks…Just Treats!!
Spooktacular!

Here are some questions to ponder and answer in your first post. Please copy and paste and add answers. Thanks!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members?

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar?

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack?

5. Do you do Halloween layouts?

6. Do you decorate for Halloween?

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts?

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:28:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:29:50 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Guess I picked a good time to check in..

I am in..

Here are some questions to ponder and answer in your first post. Please copy and paste and add answers. Thanks!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? I like vintage or cutesy

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? No but I need to.. I think this year I will as the grandbabies are old enough..

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Who doesn't Reeses peanut butter cups..

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? love caramel corn..

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? No but I need to. see a theme here

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? YEP

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. pop dots, score tape, have to think.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? stamped images

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. will think on this.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? YES and YES.. love all the new stuff

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:44:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:32:15 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Sign me upBigGrin

You will fill 6 trick-or-treat baggies with goodies

You mean the little paper or plastic ones that you usually fill with candy?

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? Anything really. I like ghosts, bats, cats, pumpkins, skeletons, witches, etc. but nothing really blood & guts!!!!!!

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Not usually but one or 2 would be okay to have on hand.

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Snickers

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? candy corn

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? No, but if I had kid pictures I would. LOL

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Not much. I just put out a couple little things on my windowsill.

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Zig pens, foam paint brushes, regular paint brushes, cotton balls, foam pads for inking, clear embossing powder, Stazon black ink pad.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? No

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project.
I do make lots of cards so any finished die cuts, any nice stamped sayings, etc. that can be used on a card would be great. I do lots for the soldiers so even duplicates would be fine. With the holidays coming up, even some nice Christmas things for cards would be good also.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? BIG TH fan. I would love some of his new distress glitter. I don't have any yet.

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:01:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:42:18 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Not big on Halloween but I like to make things for it!!!

So sign me upBigGrin

You will fill 6 trick-or-treat baggies with goodies

You mean the little paper or plastic ones that you usually fill with candy?

good ? never thought what size bag.. small, medium or large LOL LOL LOL LOL

ScrappinGwen Online
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:17:34 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Yes, I was just thinking of the bags that you fill with candy or there are also the ziploc bags with Halloween designs on them found at the dollar stores too.

I really don't care what you choose to use or what size....I was just trying to offer a way to wrap and present the package to your partner instead of wrapping in orange or black tissue paper, etc.

Most embellies, stamped images, diecuts, etc. would fit in one or the other of those bags. Might be a home made item that would need to be wrapped up with tissue paper, etc.

I am picturing a box that is a little smaller then a medium sized square priority box - might cost $7 or $8 at the most to mail.

Hope this info helps

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? I do enjoy all styles of Halloween though I suppose my last choice would be super gory.

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes, I have an 11 year old granddaughter and a 7 year old grandson. I also sometimes send cards to my nephews and nieces in years that I find the free time to make cards for them!

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Reeses

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy Corn

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? No...but I wish I would find the time as I do take pictures every year of the DGC. I've made some little mini albums though for Halloween one year.

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Yes, but not as much as I used to when my own kids were growing up. I have lots of shelves in the LR and a great shelf in my kitchen for holiday displays.

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. glossy accents or crackle accents as I use both often. The big fat blue zig glue pen is my fav. wet adhesive. Anything from Tim Holtz line of products as I use them eventually for one reason or another. Any shimmer spray or gold shimmer spray. Lengths of nice ribbon or lace to use on cards. A roll of scotch tape. Cheap stuff. I tend to use it to tape down my paper when my cricut mats lose their stickiness and I'm too lazy to try to get them sticky again. Any Halloween embellies or even any nice Christmas embellies as that will be next theme of round of swaps.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes, I would find both useful for card making especially. Or a treat idea to give the kids.

If you enjoy learning Tim Holtz techniques, then you can practice on me, no problem! Or any technique as far as that goes!

I can always put to use some organizing containers, like the size of soup cans, that are embellished or square containers that you could embellish to hold certain themes, like Christmas stuff or Halloween stuff or birthday stuff.

Some cute little birthday diecuts appropriate for my grandchildren for me to use on cards for them.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? Yes and Yes.

Note: I'm fine with anything Halloween you think up as I just enjoy Halloween so much! Next to Christmas, it's a favorite of mine, for sure!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:48:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP on 8/25/2013(UTC)
missstamper Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:37:12 PM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 459 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Count me in for this one!
bklynborn Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:08:51 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 136 post(s)
sounds like a great swap. can't wait to get started.

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?----NOT CUTESY

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members?-----YES

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar?----HERSHEY BARS WITH ALMONDS

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack?----CANDY CORN

5. Do you do Halloween layouts?----YES

6. Do you decorate for Halloween?----YES

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. ATG REFILLS- GLOSSY ACCENTS-BLADES 4 CRICUT CUTTER

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts?----YES

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?----YES and YES

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:23:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:41:00 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I was just thinking of the bags that you fill with candy or there are also the ziploc bags with Halloween designs on them found at the dollar stores too.

I really don't care what you choose to use or what size....I was just trying to offer a way to wrap and present the package to your partner instead of wrapping in orange or black tissue paper, etc.

Most embellies, stamped images, diecuts, etc. would fit in one or the other of those bags. Might be a home made item that would need to be wrapped up with tissue paper, etc.

I am picturing a box that is a little smaller then a medium sized square priority box - might cost $7 or $8 at the most to mail.

Hope this info helps

Thanks, that is what I thoughtBigGrin

Regional rate A box is only $7.48 for me to send from RI to IL. Cheaper than regular Priority.

planlady19 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:21:03 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Here is something to get you in the Halloween spirit..

Ok if i would have just used my brain could have figured it out.. LOL LOL

I have actually been doing fun crafting today.. This is a perfect time for this as I was
working on fall and Halloween things for a small craft display for my dh's school.

hope you like her.
planlady19 attached the following image(s):
google.JPG
 1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
lauraa on 8/27/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Online
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:49:09 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Terri, the pumpkin is cute! That's made out of a book, like what Jean did for coyotekim?

I changed the DD to Monday the 14th, to accomodate a vacation. FYI

and I will need MissStamper to PM me a mailing addy and email or text number, etc. Thanks!

planlady19 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:21:40 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Terri, the pumpkin is cute! That's made out of a book, like what Jean did for coyotekim?

I changed the DD to Monday the 14th, to accomodate a vacation. FYI

and I will need MissStamper to PM me a mailing addy and email or text number, etc. Thanks!

yep,, she was an old book.. it was a bigger one then the others i made and it was not holding it shape they way i wanted to i thought i would just go with it and see what happen. I think it turned out pretty cute.

CricutCrazy Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:32:17 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1099 time(s) in 807 post(s)
This sounds like a lot of fun Gwen.....count me in. Woot

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?
I prefer a vintage halloween theme - but pretty classical like we had in the 1950's and 60's...not gory

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? I do send cards to some

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? I LOVE HERSHEY's with ALMONDS

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? - POPCORN and CANDY CORN (I am kind of corny)

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? I have never done one yet but am thinking about it

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Very lightly - Used to do more when my son was a boy

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies.
I am happy with anything I get - ribbons and buttons and bling are nice

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? I have a lot of those already

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. I like things to hang in my office for people to see... I also love things that light up !

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I LOVE ANYTHING TIM HOLTZ !! SURE !!

Edited by user Sunday, September 01, 2013 8:14:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: answered questions

beetlebugmart Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:20:38 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 137 post(s)
I would like to play! I LOVE Halloween! Thanks.

Hannah

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween?Not gory or too creepy.

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Snickers Almond, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Candy Corn, or seasonal candy like the different flavors of Hershey kisses or different flavors of m&ms

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Yes

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? YES!! I love Halloween!! My favorite holiday

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Mmm, I will have to think on that one.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes to both

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. Oh, I love most of what I see you ladies make. You can surprise me. I am very easygoing and will love anything.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? He is beginning to grow on me but have not seen his new products.

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Answered questions

Scrapin*Creations Online
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:51:22 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Gwynn,
Please include me.

Terri,
love the pumpkin. Was it difficult to make?

Hope everyone has a great week,
Ali

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? vintage, spooky/creepy but not gory or too creepy

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? No

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar?Kit Kat minis, Hershey Drops

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? Caramel corn and any chocolate (milk)

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Not anymore since sons are older

6. Do you decorate for Halloween?Yes

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. glossy accents, Inking Foam pads TH reinkers: tea dye, vintage photo TH distress pad: evergreen bough

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? Yes also embossed images would be great.

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. some type of Christmas project would be great. Christmas embellies would be good too.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan?
Yes, but haven't seen what he has new for Halloween. Would like to try distress glitter

Edited by user Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:56:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bklynborn Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 2:54:32 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 136 post(s)
love the pumpkin. terri you got me in the mood. took out my fall candles and my house smells so good. getting my house decorated for fall and then Halloween.

have a great Monday everyone.

have a crafty day.

bb
ScrappinGwen Online
#17 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 3:49:28 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

So happy to wake up this morning and find some more gals joining!

Glad you are getting in the spirit Jeri! I think we all need a little kickstart to get us moving into Fall mode. Summer went WAAAAY too fast though!

Kids will be enjoying a pool party this afternoon with some old friends visiting. Then school starts for 2 of my summer daycare kids tomorrow. Ugh! Doesn't seem possible!

My DGC don't start until the 5th though and on a happy note they both have excellent teachers this year! So everything is looking positive from the get go! A good way to start the school year!

Lady King Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 4:53:34 AM(UTC)
Lady King

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Good Morning

I wanted to know if it was to late to join the Halloween treats for my partner?

I like cutesy cats and witches

Yes I include them in the Halloween buckets I make for the kids.

Kit Kat's

No

I would love to start

No

Fine tip zig pen,sentiment stamps, anything you can think of I'm new to scrapbooking.

I could use both

I could use some Christmas tags

I am a fan of TH embossing folders

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:56:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Online
#19 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 9:25:53 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

This swap is still open and yes you can still join.

Just make sure you check in atleast once a week so that we know you are serious about the swap as you are a new swapper and have no swapping history with us.

Also, the person who will be mailing to you will not be allowed to mail to you until you post a working DC# showing that you have mailed to your secret sister. It's standard procedure when a new swapper joins a swap.

Please PM me your mailing address and an alternative way to contact you, either email addy or phone number please.

And if you have any questions at all, please just ask. Everyone here is very helpful and always full of ideas or suggestions.

Lady King on 8/26/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 10:29:59 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Gwen I know what you mean about the summer going way to fast.

I think I must have fell asleep and woke up like Rip Van Winkle because it can't be time for school already. The kids here started last week.

I think i am going to get some more large google eyes so she will have some friends.

Welcome to all the new swappers and welcome back to all the oldies.

Have a great week everyone.

Terri
Jrcreate Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 11:13:03 AM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Can I join in? This one sounds really fun! Do we tell you the words we pick?
Thanks,
Jeanene
scrappin'momma Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 12:32:46 PM(UTC)
scrappin'momma

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I would also like to join! Thanks!!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? I'm okay with cutesy, childish, vintage, spook/creep but not gory.

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? Yes

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? Candy corn!

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? I love all things related to food :)

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? Yes

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? Not really

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. Love it all. However, I do not need anymore stickles.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? I would find diecuts more useful than stamped images, unless the stamped images were already colored in. I do not have any of the fancy pens to color them in myself. lol

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. I would love to see something I could use in my scrapbooks for my two boys (ages 2 & 3) Mini albums are my favorite. Tags, anything 3-D. I am VERY easy to please, so I'll enjoy anything that is sent my way.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? Or are you a Tim Holtz fan? I have not seen the new TH products, but I'm always amazed at what others can do with his products.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:37:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: answer questions

ScrappinGwen Online
#23 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:54:41 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: Jrcreate Go to Quoted Post
Can I join in? This one sounds really fun! Do we tell you the words we pick?
Thanks,
Jeanene

No,I do not need to know which words you pick. You may want to tag each baggie with the word or type out an explanation on a sheet of paper to also enclose inside the swap box though.

ScrappinGwen Online
#24 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 1:56:56 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

And I will probably have a few questions for each of you to answer to help out your SS, now that I see we have some newer swappers joining. Would probably make it easier when it comes to choosing which 6 words to work with.

JeanP on 8/26/2013(UTC)
Caffinee Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 4:58:53 PM(UTC)
Caffinee

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 718 post(s)
I would like to join, please :)

Vintage and Spooky/Creepy

Yes, love making Halloween cards

Twix

Candy Corn

Sometimes but haven’t been doing this lately

Yes, it’s my fav holiday!!

Inking Foam pads, ribbons/lace, clear embossing powder, zig glue pen

Either would be okay

anything Christmas theme (vintage style) – tags, die-cuts, stamped imaged, along those lines

I love his stuff!! I can’t wait to buy his distress glitter

Edited by user Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:27:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: answering questions

Kiethann Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:41:19 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
I would like to join in the fun if it is still open. messaging you my information just in case. thanks.Here are some questions to ponder and answer in your first post. Please copy and paste and add answers. Thanks!

1. Do you prefer cutesy; gory; childish; vintage; spooky/creepy but not gory; or other style of Halloween? LIKE VINTAGE

2. Do you send Halloween cards to family members? YES MY SISTER/HER HUSBAND, MY SON/GRANDSON. MY DAUGHTER/HER HUSBAND.

3. Do you have a favorite candy bar? I LIKE THE HERSHEY DARK CHOCOLATE BITE SIZE BARS, BUT PROBABLY WILL NOT HOLD UP TO BE MAILED.

4. Do you have a favorite Halloween treat or snack? I LIKE CANDY CORN AND THE AUTUMN MIX

5. Do you do Halloween layouts? OCCASSIONALY

6. Do you decorate for Halloween? YES

7. List a few inexpensive crafting items you would love to receive to add to your stash of supplies. ALWAYS CAN USE THE ZOTS, LOVE BLING I have been searching for the embossing folder which looks like chicken wire with no luck.

8. Would you find stamped images of Halloween useful? And/or Diecuts? YES TO BOTH

9. Please try to suggest some non-Halloween small projects/craft items you would enjoy receiving or some techniques you would enjoy to see on a home-made project. I HAVE SEEN PROJECTS DONE WITH THE ALCOHOL INKS IN BOTTLES AND LIKE THE MARBELIZING EFFECT. LIKE BRADS. INDIVIDUAL SMALL INKS. Like laces and ribbons. also the Washi paper tapes. Have not used any but own a few of them.

10. Have you been drooling over all the new Tim Holtz products coming out recently for Halloween? or are you a Tim Holtz fan. I have one of his stamps and also his signature. Met him in person when enjoying a scrapbook bus tour put on by several local scrapbook stores. I like his Distress Inks, have new tried his distress glitter and would be interested in that.

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2013 4:38:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added list of 10 to post

lauraa Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:57:34 PM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
This looks fun, but I have to sit this one out.
I'll be lurking....Drool
La
ScrappinGwen Online
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:25:39 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Lurk away Lauraa but it would be a fairly simple one for you to gain more experience with! lol

I PM'd 3 of you who I still need addresses for.

I'm not planning on closing and assigning secret sisters until the end of the holiday weekend, but I do need the addresses to do so.

I also added some questions in Post No. 2.

If you would please copy them and then paste into your original post where you asked to join this swap. Then it's easier for your SS to find your answers, knowing they are on the first or second page.

Just PM me if you think of another question you'd like me to add to the list.

Some of you will find the questions easy to answer as you have more swapping experience. Newer gals may find it harder to be specific but that's fine...cuz that just means you probably would enjoy just about any item or any technique to see in your hands and study and learn from for future crafting.

Also, in the next few weeks if you need to know something specific about your partner, then you can PM me and ask me and I will find out the answer and PM you back. That way your SS doesn't know who is asking. (we are sneaking here!)

If you need to know something about me, then you can PM either JeanP or Planlady19 and they will most likely know the answer without even having to ask me...so even though I know who is making for me, as I am the hostess setting this up, I atleast will not know what you are thinking and asking about.

JeanP Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:03:57 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: planlady19 Go to Quoted Post
Here is something to get you in the Halloween spirit..

Ok if i would have just used my brain could have figured it out.. LOL LOL

I have actually been doing fun crafting today.. This is a perfect time for this as I was
working on fall and Halloween things for a small craft display for my dh's school.

hope you like her.

Wondering if you could make some "babies"?

CandyHazzard Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:49:16 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Well, I'm really going to cut back on swaps, but I love making Halloween themed items, so I'm in for this one.