Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

hdscrapper9a529f48 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 5:59:16 PM(UTC)
hdscrapper9a529f48

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I recently held a class for 3 ladies that had the Gypsy for a few years but only updated them monthly and never really used them so I showed them what it could do. One of the first things I showed them was what I called THE RAINBOW SCREEN RESET. Where you hold down the top left silver button and the right round button and press the power button. Then you should get a rainbow screen, then it will say Gypsy loading. After that you should get the screen that says, Welcome to Gypsy. Tap the screen to begin initial setup. New screen starts with "You will first need to calibrate your screen" and it has directions and tap the screen to continue. The next screen is the blue screen with the plus signs to calibrate. After that you get the Set Date and Time screen. Here is where the problem started...All the other ladies and myself we were able to set the date and time and press ok to move on to the Home screen but one lady could not! It is at this point where her screen would lock up and she could not set the date and time, nothing! She could not even turn the machine off. We had to use the stylist to reset from the back of the machine. Then we turned it on again with out doing the rainbow screen reset but all it did was start over as if we did do a rainbow screen reset! We even tried the rainbow reset again but it did the same thing.

I am thinking she is going to have to do a hard reset or reboot to factory settings and I don't know how to do this. The good thing is she has no projects yet but she does have a lot of cartridges!

Has this happened to anyone and if so what did you have to do to fix it? Provo Craft is closed until Tuesday so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karen C.
 1 user thanked hdscrapper9a529f48 for this useful post.
krafty kate on 9/11/2013(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:28:37 AM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hdscrapper9a529f48 Go to Quoted Post
I recently held a class for 3 ladies that had the Gypsy for a few years but only updated them monthly and never really used them so I showed them what it could do. One of the first things I showed them was what I called THE RAINBOW SCREEN RESET. Where you hold down the top left silver button and the right round button and press the power button. Then you should get a rainbow screen, then it will say Gypsy loading. After that you should get the screen that says, Welcome to Gypsy. Tap the screen to begin initial setup. New screen starts with "You will first need to calibrate your screen" and it has directions and tap the screen to continue. The next screen is the blue screen with the plus signs to calibrate. After that you get the Set Date and Time screen. Here is where the problem started...All the other ladies and myself we were able to set the date and time and press ok to move on to the Home screen but one lady could not! It is at this point where her screen would lock up and she could not set the date and time, nothing! She could not even turn the machine off. We had to use the stylist to reset from the back of the machine. Then we turned it on again with out doing the rainbow screen reset but all it did was start over as if we did do a rainbow screen reset! We even tried the rainbow reset again but it did the same thing.

I am thinking she is going to have to do a hard reset or reboot to factory settings and I don't know how to do this. The good thing is she has no projects yet but she does have a lot of cartridges!

Has this happened to anyone and if so what did you have to do to fix it? Provo Craft is closed until Tuesday so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karen C.

Hi Karen,

Please have her call our customer service at 877-727-4288 and we can walk her through the process of reformatting her Gypsy.

Our representatives are available from 7am to 6pm MST Monday to Friday.

thanks,

Cricut LeAnne