Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

xzilr8me297a3d56 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:10:18 AM(UTC)
xzilr8me297a3d56

Groups: Registered

Hi all- I was trying to make a mini book from this cartridge, it's the one that looks like a box with the lid. Well the 3 center pieces nest inside one another so each one gets a little smaller. When I try and resize it lets say to 10inches, all of my pieces are coming out the same size and the lid is huge. Im so frustrated with trying to figure this out. Any help would be great! Thank you!
StaciaCursing
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:15:46 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xzilr8me297a3d56 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all- I was trying to make a mini book from this cartridge, it's the one that looks like a box with the lid. Well the 3 center pieces nest inside one another so each one gets a little smaller. When I try and resize it lets say to 10inches, all of my pieces are coming out the same size and the lid is huge. Im so frustrated with trying to figure this out. Any help would be great! Thank you!
StaciaCursing

Make sure you have Real size turned off...
Shelly.Mc.2012641bb84a Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:11:16 AM(UTC)
Shelly.Mc.2012641bb84a

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I don't know if this will help. I'm not good with instructions, so I've learned how to side step them. Call it my "backwards forward thinking" for those of you who are dyslectic lol. I found that if I take all of the pieces that are part of a complete image, group them together, in their exact/original upright position when they are dropped onto the mat (you can move them in closer together when you go to size the grouping, but its important not to turn or angle them until you are finished sizing them, it messes with the accuracy of the templates finished measurement because you'll be using this measurement when you go to layer your project). Then by clicking and dragging the curser over the various pieces until all pieces, needed to complete the finished layered image, are included or are shown within the framed boundary/boarder. Then I take the sizing handle (corner marked as an x with triangles on two ends) and stretch it out to the size I want the one piece to be i.e. the part you wanted to size out to 10" or if I want a bird to be 4.5" I pull the sizing handle out to approximately 4.5". All of the pieces are automatically sized to the correct measurement in relationship to each other and fitting properly together, because you sized them at the same time.

However, these pieces are used only as templates to get the correct size and measurement for each piece, in relationship to desired size for the finished image. I'm sure you already know how to read the measurement of each piece, width and length, when you click on the image in its original up right position. If I want to layer my project using different colors I use the template to get my needed measurement and then change the digital numbers to the size of my template piece. Using the copy, control C - Control V to cut and copy I can fill my mat up quickly with each layer. It takes the guess work out when your dealing with changes to original image size. Its still a little time consuming at first, but I no longer need to match up pieces to make sure they all fit before I complete my mat layout and before I start to cut my project. Sorry its almost 6am and my brain doesn't work during normal hours let alone during... actually... it never works normal so I hope I'm making sense?

I'm sure there are many other alternatives that are faster, smarter, and better, but this made the most sense and came about after much trial and error. Like I said, I have difficulty with instructions and I have a short attention span so unless the videos have George Clooney demonstrating the "How Too's" Ill have to keep figuring out what works best for me. Hopefully I've helped someone who understands my logic? Good Luck
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:03:05 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 885 time(s) in 422 post(s)
not sure if you are using gypsy, ccr or neither but either way, the size you input is going to be the finished height of your explosion box. Because of the 12 x 12 mat size limitations (11.5 x 11.5 cut limitations) the biggest your finished folded box can be is around 4". The actual cut for the base (outside layer) will be about 11". Like Narelle said, make sure your real size is off (that makes EVERYTHING cut the exact same size). The relative size makes all layers proportionate to the base image. So with relative size selected, type in your size as 4" and then cut each part of your project WITHOUT changing the size from 4". All the pieces should cut in proportion to the outside 4" layer and nest perfectly.Don't change the size once you input 4" (or whatever you want it to be) but keep in mind, it can't be much if any bigger than 4".

Because I always use ccr, I generally do like shelly above said - lay all my pieces on the mat, drag the resize box around ALL the images and resize all at one time using the lower right resizer arrow. ( your pulling up or down diagonally to make your group larger or smaller). I just use judgment by looking at the base image of the group to determine when I have it sized like i want. rarely do I use a specific input size. You just have to make sure that you are resizing all the parts at the same time to keep then in proportion. Then I spread the images around the mat where desired for paper placement and cutting.
Hope this helps

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:25:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:47:50 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
I go quick and easy. I enter the height in the Default Height box under the keypad image, make sure Relative Size {the "Aa"} is on and place all the images on the mat or mats and cut! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JoyceG on 9/7/2013(UTC)
telemo114f7e5d Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
telemo114f7e5d

Originally Posted by: Olivia'sNana Go to Quoted Post

Because I always use ccr, I generally do like shelly above said - lay all my pieces on the mat, drag the resize box around ALL the images and resize all at one time using the lower right resizer arrow. ( your pulling up or down diagonally to make your group larger or smaller). I just use judgment by looking at the base image of the group to determine when I have it sized like i want. rarely do I use a specific input size. You just have to make sure that you are resizing all the parts at the same time to keep then in proportion. Then I spread the images around the mat where desired for paper placement and cutting.
Hope this helps

I had the same question. I did figure out how to resize everything at once. But how do I move the pieces around the mat once I have resized them? And what if the larger size is too big to fit everything on one mat? How do I move pieces to another mat without having to resize everything again?

scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:57:02 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
To move the images on the same mat: Select the image and either click and drag the sizing handle in the upper left corner to move the image where you want or click on the image and drag it to it's new location.

To move the images to a new mat: Select the image you want to move, click Copy on the tool bar, click the + by the mat to open a new mat and then click Paste on the toolbar.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 02, 2013 11:25:06 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 885 time(s) in 422 post(s)
Originally Posted by: telemo114f7e5d Go to Quoted Post
I had the same question. I did figure out how to resize everything at once. But how do I move the pieces around the mat once I have resized them? And what if the larger size is too big to fit everything on one mat? How do I move pieces to another mat without having to resize everything again?

I don't "group" items, I just put the resizer box around everything and resize up or down at one time and the click out side the box and click again on each individual piece to put the resizer box round just one piece and move where i want it. The double arrows in the upper left corner moves the image without resizing it. If one of the pieces is to large to fit all on a mat,then you will need to resize EVERYTHING AT ONCE again until the largest piece is small enough to fit within the cutting area of the mat. (You can resize everthing at once even if they are on different mats)

to move to another mat, after clicking copy,make sure you do as scrapelete says or if you already have your second mat, make sure you click on the respective mat tab to make it the active tab (will go lighter grey when active) before you click paste. Otherwise you will paste it right back on the original mat it is already on.