Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricuttCraftter Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 11:13:40 AM(UTC)
CricuttCraftter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
....having trouble getting into Cricut Craft Room? It just sits and sits on "Initializing Cricut Craft Room." Also, when I AM able to get into the craft room, I am unable to cut more than one layer before having to log off and log back into the craft room to cut the next layer. Otherwise, it just won't cut, and sits there spinning its wheels..... So frustrating!
dkdengere787cfb6 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 11:36:50 AM(UTC)
dkdengere787cfb6

I'm having the same problem! I was having the same issue last night! Not happy right now!
damomb Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 12:32:14 PM(UTC)
damomb

I actually have an application that tells me when a program has crashed. So everytime CraftRoom just sits there initializing or whatever it does, it has crashed. Craft Room won't give you an error message, but trust me, it has crashed. I wasted SO MUCH TIME trying to make one stupid cut and could not get it to work after tech support helped and everything. Worse thing is, I had purchased a digital download, it was only $5, thank goodness, and they would not refund, even though I couldn't use it. Support told me that Craft Room is a "different entity" so to speak, and they won't refund. But Provo Craft was nice to give me a $10 credit toward their stuff, so that eased my anger. Just a bit. I uninstalled craft room and will never use it again. Like Walt Whitman says, "Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss anything that insults your soul."
Sorry, I know this wasn't helpful. But after the last two days with the dumb program I feel much better having vented. Thanks! :)
damomb Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 12:33:56 PM(UTC)
damomb

I would sure like to hear from anyone who has had good luck with it though.
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 1:08:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: damomb Go to Quoted Post

I love CCR. I don't cut without it. I've made so many projects {they're posted on my blog so I won't overload this thread and post them here} that would have taken so much longer using the old Design Studio program. It's so much easier to weld, to hide lines {and have them saved} and the text box feature is great. I never used my Gypsy because the screen was just too small.

When CCR was first released, I was hesitant but Narelle pushed me to try it. We even had a CCR blog with tutorials and challenges.

I don't know why some people have problems and some don't. I have heard that if you can't even get the program to open, it's usually the anti-virus programs on your computer. Some people turn them off and some people add the CCR files as exceptions. But I would think CS tried that with you.

Sherri Kay Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 1:39:19 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2406 time(s) in 2158 post(s)
I use it all the time and have never had a problem with it. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Huh OhMyGod Scared Unsure
melodylanedesigns Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 2:16:09 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1932 time(s) in 950 post(s)
Originally Posted by: damomb Go to Quoted Post

I have never had a problem with it. So sorry you are, could it be your internet speed, or computer? Sometimes antivirus software stops it.
Soo Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 3:00:32 PM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I'm another one who uses it all the time and loves it! I can't imagine doing a single cut (let alone a project!) without it now. I hope those of you with issues are able to get them resolved.
JoyceG Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 3:52:01 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I LOVE CCR!! I have used my cricut more since I started using CCR than ever before. I never turn on my E until I am ready to cut. I do have a few issues at times. For instance, if I leave the machine on while I am gluing a project together and it sits idle too long, but not long enough for it to shut off on its own, I have trouble making the next cut. It's like it freezes. I have to cancel the cut, close CCR (it prompts me to save the file), shut off my E, re-open CCR, open file, click cut, then I turn on my E.

So if I am gonna be away from cutting for a while, I go ahead and shut off my E. Then when I have my new project planned out on the mat and the mat is ready to be loaded, I click CUT in CCR and then a window pops up saying no device..blah blah..That is when I turn my E back on to cut. It comes on and I load the mat and cut. Sometimes there is a lag while cutting but I think that comes from me being online at cricut.com and looking at a bigger image of what I'm working on. Seems the photos in the books are too small for me to see where the millicule pieces belong. Cool

Sometimes I also have to check my cords. I have the cricut cord to connect the E to my computer but it is a loose connection into the E. So when the machine has been working for a while, I'm thinking it jiggles the cord making it not get a good connection.

I hope you get things figured out.

Joyce

Edited by user Friday, September 06, 2013 3:52:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

alisonkorecki Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:08:39 PM(UTC)
alisonkorecki

i am having same issue. is it a mac vs pv thing?
JoyceG Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 3:40:13 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I use a cheap $300 laptop for mine.

Joyce
Coah'sNana Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 4:45:01 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16472 time(s) in 4409 post(s)
I've used it a few times and haven't had any problems with it. I would use it more, but my internet is satellite, so it can be slow at times and I have to watch my download allowance. I hope CS can help you resolve your issue. There are just so many hardware/software configurations out there in the user base that unless it's one of the common issues, it may take a bit more perseverance to figure it out.
mcaryer6e306185 Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 6:07:58 PM(UTC)
mcaryer6e306185

Mine is also not working! I cant get it to cut anything! I just bought a cartilage for 20 bucks! Going to call them tomorrow!!!I also can't get it to sync either!!! This machine has been nothing but a disappointment!
kathyp4307759dc0c89 Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 12:09:18 PM(UTC)
kathyp4307759dc0c89

I just put CCR on my laptop last weekend. Today was my first chance to cut with it. Its very anoying. Like several others here...it just isnt working right. Really disappointed to say the least. I too can only make one cut and then I have to shut it off and reopen it. I love my cricut but I'm beginning to hate this program. So glad I tried it with free things before linking my cartridges or worse yet...buying digital.
Kathy P
KY
Scrappin*Fun Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 12:24:13 PM(UTC)
Scrappin*Fun

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I used CDS for quite a while, but not really as much as I should have. Anyway, I got fed up with it because I couldn't get my wording to line up good when I welded my letters to cut out the background shadow, then the regular cut for the front; so I read up on CCR and saw how much easier it was to do this. Then I saw where to link my carts to CCR, never thought anything of it; just did it. One day I was going to use CDS for something and couldn't use it because my carts were all linked to CCR, so I just removed CDS from my pc. I have had a few issues with CCR, but for the most part; they have worked themselves out. If it gets to frustrating, I just shut it down and come back to it later, and it's working. :)
scrapalette Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 12:30:15 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19094 time(s) in 8532 post(s)
I can't stress enough that anyone having problems with CCR should call PC and let CS troubleshoot with you. While I have read of a handful of people who posted CS could not help them, the majority are able to resolve whatever was causing their issue with CCR and are now creating with and loving the program. Please don't give up. . .give PC a call.

Originally Posted by: Scrappin*Fun Go to Quoted Post
I used CDS for quite a while, but not really as much as I should have. Anyway, I got fed up with it because I couldn't get my wording to line up good when I welded my letters to cut out the background shadow, then the regular cut for the front; so I read up on CCR and saw how much easier it was to do this. Then I saw where to link my carts to CCR, never thought anything of it; just did it. One day I was going to use CDS for something and couldn't use it because my carts were all linked to CCR, so I just removed CDS from my pc. I have had a few issues with CCR, but for the most part; they have worked themselves out. If it gets to frustrating, I just shut it down and come back to it later, and it's working. :)

While it's true that you cannot have CCR and DS open at the same time on your computer and cut with DS, linking your carts does not affect at all how the carts work with DS or with a Cricut.

kathyp4307759dc0c89 Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2013 2:28:24 PM(UTC)
kathyp4307759dc0c89

I was going to get CDS at one time. Then my neice got her gypsy so I wanted to see how it worked. Then when it messed up PC wouldnt fix it for her. She even had extended warrenty on it. And they wouldnt even give her the digital cartridges that she had purchased for it. So I'm leary about linking anything or buying any digital items. Thats why I'm trying the free things first before putting anymore money into files. I hope these bugs work out of the system. I'd really like to use the CCR for a lot of things. Love the features it has. Crossing my fingers.