Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

chnursed86fd443 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 11:35:18 AM(UTC)
chnursed86fd443

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can anyone help me when I start Cricut Craft room I get a little box this says Service Error. If I click on it it goes to another box that says check internet connection. My internet connection is fine and my firewall is not blocking the craft room. So I need some insight if anyone is having this problem. Thanks.
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 11:49:37 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 894 time(s) in 584 post(s)
I get that when I have left CCR on too long without using it and my screen goes black into idle mode. I usually just click on OK and shut down CCR and open it back up and go from there. I've never gotten a msg about check internet connection. I use wifi for my laptop I use with CCR.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
chnursed86fd443 on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Cricut Dani Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:04:06 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chnursed86fd443 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone help me when I start Cricut Craft room I get a little box this says Service Error. If I click on it it goes to another box that says check internet connection. My internet connection is fine and my firewall is not blocking the craft room. So I need some insight if anyone is having this problem. Thanks.

Hello chnursed86fd443,

This is normally cause by an interruption in internet service. Who is your internet service provider?

Have you tried closing the Craft Room and re-opening it? If you try this and are still experiencing the error I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Craft Room.

-Cricut Dani
 1 user thanked Cricut Dani for this useful post.
chnursed86fd443 on 9/8/2013(UTC)
chnursed86fd443 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 12:19:32 PM(UTC)
chnursed86fd443

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks everyone! I have tried all of the things you all have mentioned but to no avail. I use wifi on my laptop also and it is working fine or i would be on here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I also can't get the Cricut sync program to work. the last time i was able to get on the craft room was Sept. 2.
 1 user thanked chnursed86fd443 for this useful post.
cl627076bcda2f9 on 11/8/2013(UTC)
cl627076bcda2f9 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 08, 2013 11:28:52 PM(UTC)
cl627076bcda2f9

Originally Posted by: chnursed86fd443 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks everyone! I have tried all of the things you all have mentioned but to no avail. I use wifi on my laptop also and it is working fine or i would be on here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I also can't get the Cricut sync program to work. the last time i was able to get on the craft room was Sept. 2.

I agree, I am so disappointed in this service - I PAID for a cartride that I am never going to get to use! It should NOT be this hard. I am ON
my computer posting this- its working fine ONLY program that is NOT working is this.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:10:42 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7970 time(s) in 4652 post(s)
If you are using CCR when your internet connection is disrupted (sometimes you can't tell you are getting disruptions when you're on the internet.....I know this for a fact, because I'll get a message from time-to-time that Internet Explorer is not working, yet I can "X" out of that message and go back to what I was doing on the internet just like it didn't stop working....but, it did because I got an error message that IE was not working), more likely than not your connection to CCR was broken at the time of the disruption.

So, I do think you had a disruption in your internet service without knowing you had one.

In this case, you would have to go out of CCR and go back into it to get it to work. While you were in it, you could have had a disruption through your provider which would BREAK THE LINK to CCR. So a REFRESH would be in order. I don't know if you can go up to the menus to REFRESH, but I believe you would have to go back out of CCR to get it working again.

Does this sound reasonable and or possible?

Have you been able to get CCR to work, as yet?

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:11:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

denngoodenc525a321 Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 4:34:47 PM(UTC)
denngoodenc525a321

I'm probably a bit late for the original post, but for future reference... I found another thread that suggested making sure you don't have another instance of CCR open and to make sure you're signed out at Cricut.com. When I got this message I was still logged onto the site from a previous purchase. Logged out and worked like a charm.