Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
~LN Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 3:16:39 PM(UTC)
~LN

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 864 time(s) in 726 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
I hope they make them in polka dot, I love polka dots...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL .

Right?? LOL!
nancyh Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 6:10:49 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 643 time(s) in 481 post(s)
So sad, but I'm not surprised. All I have seen for sale at any of the retail stores for quite some time (with the exception of left over black Friday E's at walmart) are E2's and mini's.

I love my E. I use it alone, with my G, and with CCR. I had the E2, didn't like it much and sold it. I also have a mini which I like too, but my E is always my #1 choice for my go to machine.
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 7:17:12 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 183 post(s)
This is why I gave in a purchased a second machine about 1 1/2 years ago. Knew this day would probably come with the way other things were going. I will use my baby but, and 2 Es until they die along with my gypsy, free standing and CCR but once dead I will probably move to another machine. I have been looking at machines that cut heavier materials to branch off in more of the crafts then just paper.
BJR Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:41:32 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
So sad. I have my E and a backup and a pink one (recent gift)! Maybe a bit much but I'll have soemthing that will last. I did notice that suddenly all the old mat are totally gone from our M's, HL & J's. Now only the new mats. I was hoping to get some more mats this week for my I but they all must have gone back to Cricut. Boo on PC for getting rid of the best machines, they made- Baby bug, E & create. BJR.Mad
bklynborn Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:50:46 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 130 post(s)
wanted a second machine. but now the prices are sky high. had been looking on ebay before knowing about the expression. now it will cost me triple. knowing this I will not buy anymore carts. I have to much invested already. so sad.
BJR Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:12:43 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
There are some sales on cricut sites for the pink around $169. cricut.com, cricutmachine.com, cricutdirect.com. I have not checked lately but I did get mint direct from Cricut at $159 on sale- w/ 3 carts.
Jen Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:36:37 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I am hoping I am safe now as I have 2 E's and a pink E and a purple E. I also have 2 Creates and a baby bug. Also have an Imagine. I like using all of my toys.

My concern if PC goes totally digital is that they seem to want to control everything. Not everyone wants to or can connect and be online. They need a stand alone software. I realize they want to stay competitive but their prime competition has a machine that has their own software (that can be installled to more then one computer) as well as can cut SVG files. The downloads you buy through subscription and are on your computer can be saved in their software on your computer and or saved on a thumb drive to us on another computer.

Don't get me wrong I love my many bugs and cartridges and do not plan on gettting rid of any of them. I also have the other machine as well. I would say they get pretty much equal use. I guess like many others I am cautiously curious about the new machine.
 1 user thanked Jen for this useful post.
*Meg* on 9/13/2013(UTC)
bklynborn Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:37:10 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 130 post(s)
thanks bjr. I am still looking. in june when dd got hers and a friends. my sil paid $98 for both. the cheapest I could find was 152.00. I might have to break down and get it.
crazycl Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:44:12 PM(UTC)
crazycl

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not sure that PC is really in touch with it's core customers. They keep trying to fix something that isn't broken. The Expression is the best machine they have on the market and now they want to discontinue it. I have every machine they ever made and the Expression and Gypsy and Design Studio are all my favorites. Now the replace them with machines that do not work as well E2 and don't even ask me how I like the CCR or Imagine. CCR does not hold a candle to Design Studio and yet they stop supporting DS and give us a crummy program like CCR.

I have so much money invested in the products made by PC and don't plan to spend another dollar with them. Purchased the Silhouette and love it and their software.

Now I have an Imagine, Design Studio (which is no longer supported) 5 Expressions, a baby bug, the Create, an E2 and 3 Gypsy Machines. So what do I do when any or all of these machines need supplies or support? I bought them in good faith trusting that PC would be there to supply and support and they are letting me, and a lot of other loyal customers, down.

Shame on them for forgetting the very customers that made them so successful.
 6 users thanked crazycl for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 9/11/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 9/11/2013(UTC), krafty kate on 9/12/2013(UTC), theproc0a14c052 on 9/12/2013(UTC), *Meg* on 9/13/2013(UTC), BJR on 9/15/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:38:58 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8166 time(s) in 4788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crazycl Go to Quoted Post
Not sure that PC is really in touch with it's core customers. They keep trying to fix something that isn't broken. The Expression is the best machine they have on the market and now they want to discontinue it. I have every machine they ever made and the Expression and Gypsy and Design Studio are all my favorites. Now the replace them with machines that do not work as well E2 and don't even ask me how I like the CCR or Imagine. CCR does not hold a candle to Design Studio and yet they stop supporting DS and give us a crummy program like CCR.

I have so much money invested in the products made by PC and don't plan to spend another dollar with them. Purchased the Silhouette and love it and their software.

Now I have an Imagine, Design Studio (which is no longer supported) 5 Expressions, a baby bug, the Create, an E2 and 3 Gypsy Machines. So what do I do when any or all of these machines need supplies or support? I bought them in good faith trusting that PC would be there to supply and support and they are letting me, and a lot of other loyal customers, down.

Shame on them for forgetting the very customers that made them so successful.

Unfortunately, as with most technology, they are going to probably make a lot more money on the newer innovations (if they can perfect them.....which they haven't proven on the past several machines they have come out with)! I'm sure they wouldn't be moving toward the digital route if it didn't seem more profitable for them. There are those of us who LOVE CCR and it works great for us (sorry it doesn't for all)! I couldn't get CDS to work on my computer several years back and was dying to be able to WELD and put other images together more than what was available manually......so, when CCR came along, I was ecstatic. AND, it works perfectly for me. I don't get the problems others do.....don't know why, but I don't. I'm not a designer or anything like that, so maybe others need more than what I'm getting....but, I'm getting everything I need in CCR.

As with almost everything we buy today (our washing machines, refrigerators, vacuums, computers, etc.), nothing seems to measure up to the quality we used to have years ago. AND, I think all companies STRIVE for this, because they need to be able to keep bringing in the profits, so everything is outdated in a few years to make room for newer innovations. Profits are important to businesses....not saying it's right. That's just how it is.

I don't like what's going on, either. I would imagine this company is more concerned about profits than their loyal customers in the past (even though it seems to us they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces!!)! They will still keep some of us and they will gain new ones as they go along.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
krafty kate on 9/12/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35:24 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, as with most technology, they are going to probably make a lot more money on the newer innovations (if they can perfect them.....which they haven't proven on the past several machines they have come out with)! I'm sure they wouldn't be moving toward the digital route if it didn't seem more profitable for them. There are those of us who LOVE CCR and it works great for us (sorry it doesn't for all)! I couldn't get CDS to work on my computer several years back and was dying to be able to WELD and put other images together more than what was available manually......so, when CCR came along, I was ecstatic. AND, it works perfectly for me. I don't get the problems others do.....don't know why, but I don't. I'm not a designer or anything like that, so maybe others need more than what I'm getting....but, I'm getting everything I need in CCR.

As with almost everything we buy today (our washing machines, refrigerators, vacuums, computers, etc.), nothing seems to measure up to the quality we used to have years ago. AND, I think all companies STRIVE for this, because they need to be able to keep bringing in the profits, so everything is outdated in a few years to make room for newer innovations. Profits are important to businesses....not saying it's right. That's just how it is.

I don't like what's going on, either. I would imagine this company is more concerned about profits than their loyal customers in the past (even though it seems to us they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces!!)! They will still keep some of us and they will gain new ones as they go along. Char

Char, very will saidThumpUp . IMHO everything you stated is so true. Especially about technology...I have an Apple iTouch it's so old I could not update since 2009LOL LOL LOL. I use my iTouch for reading books in bed or reading at a doctor's office. I also have the iPAD (Wi-Fi 2nd version), for some reason my iPAD no longer lets me view Pinterest boards, it shuts down--humbugMad. Since I can't afford to buy newer Apple products, I'll have a quite a few reading devices. Luckily I enjoy reading.

Best, Mary R.
 1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 9/12/2013(UTC)
BrendaBecknell Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:03:57 PM(UTC)
BrendaBecknell

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Not happy to hear this! I have my original Cricut as a backup, but sure hope my Expression keeps going!
 1 user thanked BrendaBecknell for this useful post.
*Meg* on 9/13/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 6:07:24 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
I just got an email from the New Zealand importer and we have a whole shipment of Cricut Machines due on the 21st, including the ORIGINAL EXPRESSION. I asked if I could pre-order so I don't miss out and he said that that is unlikely as they have heaps of them coming!!

I think this is very interesting because they stopped selling them when the E2 came out!! I have repeatedly asked them to order me an original so I can have a back up and they said they were unable to get them.

I hope they are a good price. I paid $899 when I got my machine a few years back. My machine is now on it's last legs, sounds terrible, cuts the wrong images and slashes everything. I am hoping to replace it and get a back up.
Mary R. Offline
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:10:54 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
I just got an email from the New Zealand importer and we have a whole shipment of Cricut Machines due on the 21st, including the ORIGINAL EXPRESSION. I asked if I could pre-order so I don't miss out and he said that that is unlikely as they have heaps of them coming!!

I think this is very interesting because they stopped selling them when the E2 came out!! I have repeatedly asked them to order me an original so I can have a back up and they said they were unable to get them.

I hope they are a good price. I paid $899 when I got my machine a few years back. My machine is now on it's last legs, sounds terrible, cuts the wrong images and slashes everything. I am hoping to replace it and get a back up.

Hello Scrappy Vee,

Just me being nosy...OMG, did you really pay $899.00 for a Cricut machine?

Best, Mary R.
Momtozsm Offline
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 8:22:18 PM(UTC)
Momtozsm

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I am disappointed to hear that they will be discontinuing the expression. I love mine and would not know what to do with out it. The only reason I chose cricut is the fact that I am not being tied into a computer. My expression is not in the same area as my computer, would be impossible to move it near the computer.
I love my imagine it was a good idea except for the choosing HP instead of Canon or Epson. The Imagine would have been a perfect machine, HP is not a printer I use, to be honest they suck.

I hope PC listens to their customers.

Scrappy_Vee Offline
#46 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:06:17 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
Hello Scrappy Vee,

Just me being nosy...OMG, did you really pay $899.00 for a Cricut machine?

Best, Mary R.

Hi Mary,

I sure did. $899 New Zealand Dollars. I was disappointed at the time that I didn't have an extra $1299 for the Imagine. But it seems like that may not have been a bad thing.

Currently the E2 sells for $599 NZ ($490 US Dollars).