Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 712 time(s) in 576 post(s)
MANDATORY CHECK IN THIS WEEK FOR THOSE WHO ARE MAILING LATE AS THE DUE DATE HAS PASSED

JeanP and I are once again so excited to kick off our annual Secret Sister Christmas Swap. We've shared the hostessing duties, but together we've always had fun putting together our theme and ideas and now it's time to post this swap and maybe convince some of you to join in the fun once again this year!

This year we are basing the directives on The Christmas Song. (you'll find yourself humming along as you read the verses, I'm sure!)

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire

Create a TAG using a brick stencil or brick embossing folder or fireplace themed designer paper

Jack Frost nipping at your nose

Alter or decorate a GIFT BAG using a snowman, snowflakes, icicles, or snow theme

Yuletide carols being sung by a choir

Must incorporate sheet music designer paper or images of carolers into your idea

And folks dressed up like Eskimos

Create something wintry but not Christmas-y

Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe

Must incorporate Greenery (Mistletoe, wreath, holly, etc.) into your idea

Help to make the season bright

Your home-made or bought idea must incorporate Tim Holtz inks/stains/paints or glimmer mists

Tiny little tots with their eyes all aglow

Your home-made or bought idea must incorporate bling, light, illumination

Will find it hard to sleep tonight

Your idea must incorporate something to do with a star or stars

They know that Santa's on his way

Must incorporate a Santa theme with your idea

He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh

Decorate any type of CONTAINER and add a Holiday TREAT (candy, chocolate, nuts, etc.)

And every mother's child is going to spy

I spy something you would really like to have… (check out her wishlist!)

To see if reindeer really know how to fly

Must incorporate a Reindeer into your idea OR a grunge idea with no reindeer required

And so I'm offering this simple phrase

Use your favorite verse on a project or stamp/emboss/diecut out a favorite verse (3 images) for your partner to use on future cards or projects.

To kids from one to ninety-two

Your home-made or bought idea must incorporate numbers or December 25

Although it's been said many times, many ways

Create a set of 3 NOTECARDS or THANK YOU CARDS or GIFT CARD HOLDERS

Merry Christmas to you

Use “Merry Christmas” phrase on a CARD you will make from you to your SS

Love and joy come to you

Create a 2 page 8x8 LAYOUT using theme “Love” and/or “Joy” (or use size your SS would prefer or create a mini, mini album, or if your SS does not scrapbook pictures, then feel free to send her Love or Joy Titles, Diecuts, Embellies she can use on her own future projects

And to you, your carol to you

Create something based on any CHRISTMAS CAROL fancy Folded card, tag, ATC, chunky dangle charm, etc)

And God bless you and send you a Happy New Year

Must incorporate something Inspirational

And God send you a Happy New Year

Create something your SS can use in 2014 (layout page, mini, canvas, frame, travel diary, etc. for an upcoming trip or event or a 2014 calendar, Goals, Resolutions, Swap Journal, are a few suggestions)

Phew! As you can see, this is one crafty-licious holiday swap! And it will need lots of hours to complete so please plan accordingly and try to craft weekly to stay on schedule.

I've set the last day to mail for Monday, December 9th. But anyone mailing after Monday, December 2 will be required to mail Priority. (Mail moved too slowly last year for those of us who did not mail priority)

You are welcome to start mailing your swap boxes anytime starting Saturday, November 16th.

If you have participated in prior years, then you already are aware that this swap tends to be chocked full of different ideas and projects with a huge variety of home-made items to celebrate the holiday season.

Buying for some of the Directives is allowed, but I ask that you keep your bought items to a max of 7 items. (There are 20 directives, above) I also ask that you cap your spending at $25. You may also craft 19 directives, with the purchase of a holiday treat being the only expense necessary to purchase. Spending $25 is not required at all, just a cap for those that do plan on doing some shopping for their SS.

In reviewing the above directives, you can see that with some we have specified exactly what to make using a theme from the given verse. But others we have left free for you to choose an idea of your own, but you do still have to gear it around the theme we listed for that verse. Try to choose something that your SS will find useful or enjoyable; or an idea that works best with the supplies and stash and crafting knowledge you have gained since joining the Criciut Message Board! As always, if you are stuck for an idea, just ask on this thread or PM one of us and we will gladly send a list of thoughts or ideas your way to consider. We are here to help and encourage!

Jean and I also want to point out that with 20 directives, you will be busy.....but if you are an experienced swapper, then you should easily be able to come up with many different ideas, some simpler or less time consuming then others. We are asking that you try to have at least 3 of your ideas be a more detailed, in-depth craft project. You have 17 other directives that you can choose to go simpler with and send diecuts, tags, cards....but the remaining 3 should be extra special for your SS!!

Here is a list of ideas to help get your creative mind thinking which I've gathered from viewing pictures of previous years. Plus of course there will be lots of fresh ideas being shown on designer blogs very soon!

Tags
Cards
ATCs
Diecuts
Altered Frame
LayOuts
Altered Tile
Charger Plates
Slates
Jewelry
Altered Canvas
Altered Tray, purse, wooden or tin items
Mini Album
Chunky Charm Dangle
Tissue box Cover
PJs for Cricut
Bookmarks
Altered paperclips
Titles for LO pages
Journaling blocks for LO pages
Banners
Ornaments
Journals or Planners
Plaques
Wall hangings
Décor for shelf
Stickpins
Magnets for frig
Altered dominoes
Post it note holder
Wreaths
Home-made flowers
Vintage themes
Steampunk themes

Links to prior years:

2012 non-traditional 12 Days of Christmas
http://www.cricut.com/fo...-SWAP---COMPLETED.aspx?=

2011 Christmas Movies

http://www.cricut.com/fo...DATE-IN-POST-1378.aspx?=

2010 12 Days of Christmas

http://www.cricut.com/fo...DATE-IN-POST-1231.aspx?=

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:29:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:58:28 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just a friendly reminder that you do need some swap history with us to join and this is not a swap for the inexperienced. Afterall, being required to fulfil 20 directives is a major undertaking. I have found that these larger partner Christmas swaps run much smoother when the gals that join already have some swapping experience.

A lot of love and hard work will go into thise swap boxes and we all want to send and receive equally. So please, please, please do not wait until the last minute to work on this swap! It will backfire on you, I guarantee!

The following rules should be well known by experienced swappers, but here they are as a friendly reminder to all:

1. If you have flaked in a swap, please do not ask to join us. Absolutely no one wants to worry or stress over the possibility that they will be flaked on in this major, holiday swap.

1A. If you need to be removed from the swap, then please notify me ASAP so that an angel can be found. Warning: if you ask to be removed from the swap any time after November 9th, you will automatically be added to my Flaker List which will most likely affect your future swapping with me.

2. By signing up, you have agreed to participate; follow the rules; and follow the directives. You are acknowledging that you are a responsible adult and I expect you to act accordingly and forget about using any silly excuses on me.

3. Checking in every two weeks is REQUIRED. I get busy too and just ask you to stop by and say hello and answer questions that may be asked throughout the week. Of course, we all know that daily chitchat makes for a much more fun swap! A little teasing and fun back and forth banter goes a long ways here! Plus it just may help your partner to know you better and come up with some pretty neat ideas to make you! If you want an awesome partner with an awesome box being sent out you have to chat and answer questions and have a very informative MQ filled out. Common sense, right?

EFFECTIVE NOV. 10TH: CHECK INS ARE NOW WEEKLY, WITH STATUS REPORTS PLEASE.

From Thanksgiving thru the Due Date, I will ask for more frequent updates to help keep you all on track as the Due Date nears.

3A. If you have not checked in within a 14 day time period, I will try contacting you thru your other email or text number. I will give you about 3 days to respond. If I have reason to believe you are not completing the swap, then I will have no choice but to remove you and find a replacement swapper. This may seem harsh but part of my duty as hostess is to take care of my swappers and make sure they get what they signed up for.

So if you know you are going to be away, please just let me know so I don’t think you've disappeared.

Please realize that no hostess is ever trying to be mean, or show lack of understanding or sympathy. It is absolutely no fun to have to put on the hostess hat and list someone as a flaker. But it's our duty to insure everyone receives a timely swap box. This eliminates stress for all of us.

4. Your MQ coordinates must be listed under your avatar. (Please make sure your MQ is updated)

5. MAIL ON TIME! DD Monday, December 9th. Priority mailing required after December 2nd

6. Please PM, or email me, or text me the DC# once mailed.

7. Once you receive your items, please acknowledge receipt and post pictures in a timely manner.

8. Part of the fun of being a hostess (for me) is matching up partners. If you’ve been partnered with someone plenty of times this past year, then please let me know ahead of time so that I can match you up with a new experience!

9. Please PM me your mailing address as well as an alternative way to contact you – ie: email addy or cell phone number. Thanks!

10. Please remember that communication is key in swaps and really helps your hostess to do a better job and be less stressful.

11. Just remember that we all want to receive quality work as well as receive everything instructed to be made in this swap. Please do not think it is okay to send only 10 items when 20 directives were given out. And please remember that if you yourself would not be happy to receive what you have just made, then please don’t send it on to your partner. There are so many helpful people on this Message Board and in this swap forum who will gladly offer ideas, suggestions, links, etc. when asked. That is half the fun of swapping – showing each other new ideas, new techniques, new discoveries!

12. Now let's start to get in the Holiday Spirit and have some fun in this swap!

Edited by user Sunday, November 10, 2013 10:18:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 6:59:36 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

List of Players:

1. Scrappingwen rcvd from MotherLoves3 and pics posted
2. JeanP rcvd from Planlady19, and pics posted
3. PlanLady19 rcvd from DeniseE, and pics posted
4. Bklynborn rcvd from JeanP, and pics posted
5. AmyLendall rcvd from CarolKlink, and
6. Kiethann rcvd from RockinRobin and pics posted
7. DeniseEmmerich rcvd from Jen, and pics posted
8. CMC56 rcvd from COB, and pics posted
9. RockinRobin1 rcvd from CMC56, pics posted
10. LorifromTx -
12. CraftyOldBat rcvd from Bklynborn, and pics posted
13. Jen rcvd from CricutJunky and pics posted
15. CricutJunky rcvd from Scrapin*Creations, and pics posted
16. DonnaSchnees rcvd from Kiethann, and pics posted
17. MotherLoves3 rcvd from Candy, and pics posted
18. CandyHazzard rcvd from DonnaSchnees, and pics posted
19. Scrapin*Creations rcvd from LorifromTX and pics posted
20. CarolKlink (angel) rcvd from AmyLendall and pics posted

11. BeeetleBugMart 10/20 requested to be removed due to personal reasons
14. SharlenesCrafts removed on Oct. 7th for lack of communication

Kiethann - winner of guessing game RAK acknowledged receipt on 12/16

Edited by user Monday, January 06, 2014 8:09:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:00:48 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat?
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders?
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size?
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme?
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols.
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items?
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects?

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style?
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme?
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall?

14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue.

15. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:03:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:01:53 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

vintage colors: sage green and brick red, touch of gold too. No blues

2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:

Fat blue tube of Zig glue; glossy accents, blending sponges for TH wooden handle; Goosebumps spray; prima bling flourishes/pearly swirls

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?

I already have a cricut dust cover and a Christmas Banner and a Create Banner which are items you don't really need duplicates of. And I'm not a jewelry person at all. I do however collect and/or display chunky charm dangles.

A mixed media Canvas project would interest me most, or something along those lines using some stencils and molding paste, glimmer sprays, stamping, etc. You can practice on me!

And of course I'm interested in any Tim Holtz techniques or projects he has shown us.

I've made tissue box covers for others, but have never taken time to make one for myself nor have I ever received one before.

I LOVE vintage Santas!

There really isn't anything I don't like about Christmas!

And we are going on a cruise this Christmas, so I really want to make a mini for DH's sister and family who are going with us. COB made me a mini for my own pictures. So knowing about the cruise might be something useful for this swap.

I like receiving magnets for the frig as I display all the Christmas or school pictures I receive from kids I babysit for

If you could get your hands on either the TH carolers stamps or diecuts, I would love some samples or to see them used on a tag or card front

I love inspirational stamped verses or stamps with a positive message and tend to seek them out when buying stamps to use on the tags I put in mini albums.

I could also you some inspiration to stop eating sweets and lose some pounds too and walk more often too! I need that Uncle Sam image scowling at me, pointing his finger at me! Don't you Dare! ha ha!

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Choc. covered cherries, peppermints, anything but black licorice actually! I love nuts too!

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards? Christmas giftcard holders would be my first choice this year useful for DGC or their teacher's; then thank you cards

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I actually do not find time to do LOs but I like collecting the 8x8 LO pages as eventually I will put them all together for my grandchildren!

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme?

Definitely a snowman lover; also love red cardinals

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Jingle Bells; Up on the Rooftop, click, click, click; I love the kid carols, for sure!

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? would prefer not to

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? No issue with them being on cards

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Vintage would be my first choice and funky modern would be my last choice for most Christmas craft items

12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Christmas would be fine or Winter theme, as in snowmen, snowflakes, snow, red cardinals, etc.

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? good workmanship, no matter the style is all that matters to me. I enjoy any style

14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue.

To try and list something from a local craft store....can't really think of anything other then I have not bought a new cricut cartridge in way over a year or any new releases of Nestabilities in probably over a year either. Been buying the TH stuff instead!

As far as something that would be found online: a new stamp set or stamp set with die from My Favorite Things or TH, Artistic Outpost, etc. My interests are leaning toward anything I see these designer gals use on their blogs for making their TH inspired tags and projects.

Or another item that I've not bought any of is the chalk ink pads that KelleyRooks is in love with. Need to go remember who makes them....but talk to her for best colors.

15. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)?

Yes, I like and enjoy Maggie stamps and have a good collection started. I almost always join the buy swap now being hosted by GrandmaJ. For the current collection, I wouldn't mind owning Jingle Bell Rudolph stamp.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:07:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

amylendall Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 7:28:38 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Gwynne I am in I have been waiting to see them s posted
Questions:

I always buy a real cut Christmas tree and basically decorate around that. I love non traditional ornaments like the smoresmen or things my son has made throughout his school years. I consider traditional ornaments anything you go to the store and buy a whole box of like glass ornaments in different shapes and sizes.
stickles, glimmer mist, magnetic tape, smoresmen ornaments, 1/4 inch atg refill, xyron 500 refill
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS?
tags, cards, tissue box cover,(rectangle size)altered frame, journal/planner,(not to be used as journal)die cuts, charger plate, post it note holder, wreath, homemade flowers
Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?
jewelry, chunky charms, bookmark, stick pins, anything not listed above
I love caramel corn. hard to find anytime except during the holidays unless you make it yourself or you know where a specialty popcorn store is.
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders?
I prefer just regular cards mostly for birthdays
I prefer 12x12
I love snowmen!!! I especially love the little smores men Christmas tree ornaments they look like snow men but they are actually smoresmen. see attatched picture for an idea of what they look like.
redneck 12 days of Christmas by Jeff Foxworthy
please nothing religious
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects?
please nothing religious
11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style?
not real sure! I kind of described my idea of Christmas in previous questions. my suggestion would be to basically think outside the box! definitely not vintage! I don't like vintage!
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme?
I would be fine with either everyday or Christmas!
not real sure how to answer this question either. I mostly just look around and subscribe to different email groups for ideas/inspiration I also "like" a few different scrapbook companies facebook page for inspiration/ideas sometimes I just take an idea and change it up a bit to make it my own.

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:22:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:50:55 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 657 time(s) in 497 post(s)
WOW! this one sounds fun. Is it too late to sign up??
ScrappinGwen Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:54:46 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

of course it's not too late to join!

It just opened up this morning!

Kiethann Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:59:33 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 657 time(s) in 497 post(s)
OOPS Silly ME!!!!! thanks.

Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: no set color scheme. I like non traditional colors, but most of our bulbs and ornaments are blue and silver.

Love Paper Wishes Jewel Dazzles. Always can use envelope with card blanks. Ribbons, Lace, Zots or Aleene's clear adhesive dots. small ambellishments

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? I am open to anything.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? I like Christmas Nougats which have the tree in the center.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards?
does not matter

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I only do 12 X 12, but just some Christmas diecuts or sayings/greeting would be nice for the layouts.

does not matter a whole lot. open to any thing.

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols I like Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas tree, The first Noel.

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? would prefer not

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? Not really

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Like traditional and vintage both
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? other theme...something with butterflies, dragonflies and hummingbirds along with flowers.
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? am open to any style.
14. list one or two special (sorry can't quote verbatim) gifts you would like to have your SS get you. Gosh I am always looking for acrylic stamps with any occasion versus. Seems like I am always running out of Xyron sticker rolls for either the 5" creative station or the 5" create a sticker maker.

Edited by user Monday, October 07, 2013 9:02:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: answered questions.

JeanP Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:59:50 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 892 time(s) in 724 post(s)
I will get my answers up later todayBigGrin

Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: Traditional style and colors

2. Please list some inexpensive wish list items for your SS to consider treating you with: TH new FALL or WINTER distress paints, TH glitter( I don't have any), sponge pads for blending tool, blending tool,crinkle ribbon, TH new ideology items

YES to any of these, No to the rest. frame, layouts(12X12),slates, altered tray or wooden item, titles & journaling blocks for LO pages, ornaments, plagues, wreath, vintage or steampunk themes would be okay also. We are going to Nashville TN and Costa Rica so 12X12 LO pages for them might be cool or just embellished die cuts that can be used for these would be good also.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Chocolates-love the caramel covered ones. Peach Blossoms.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards? 3X3 or 4X4 notecards would be good

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I do mostly 12x12 layouts

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Yes, Snowmen are nice. I cover my outside lights with plastic snowman covers

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Traditional--What Child is This, I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas. Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton is my favorite Country one.

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Not really

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? On cards only

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Any would be fine

12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? I would prefer a tray or frame and Christmas or beachy would be great!!!!

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? I am open to anything. Have fun!!!!
14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. Tim Holtz stencils. I have some but couldn't find Schoolhouse or Eye chart. Would love either of them. I also keep looking at a stamp set from Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz called Good Thoughts that I like but haven't bought because of the price. Maybe it is on sale somewhereBigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:29:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:00:57 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
OOPS Silly ME!!!!! thanks.

LOL LOL LOL

DeniseE Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:11:37 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 301 post(s)
Add me, please Gwynne.

Denise

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:Traditional Red and Green, with Gold
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:Anything she would like to treat me with.
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Candy Canes....and Candy canes
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards?Note cards, please!
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I have not done any layouts lately.
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Angel lover here....
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. The First Noel, Little Drummer Boy, White Christmas, Angel, We have heard on High.
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Absolutely
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? Again, absolutely.
11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? I am a traditional Christmas person, but would anything, really.
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Other theme would be great so I could use it/display it all year.
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? Hmm...clean and simple, but I am trying to reach out of my comfort zone, so barring neon and extremely ghoulish, anything goes.
14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. TH Distress paints, distress stains, Texture fade embossing folders, except the Brick one, I already have that one.
5. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)?I love Maggie Stamps....Just started my collection, so I only have 4.....if you have a favorite, I would love for you to stamp a few and include them.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:17:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Answer questions.

lauraa Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:44:57 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)

20 items are a bit daunting, but I do like that the directives are very clear.
Creating Christmas items is much more challenging for me then fall or Halloween.
I might play along myself and give the items to my real sister instead. I have her in the grab bag this year...
2 of each item? Maybe.
Thinking.
Laura
JeanP Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:55:29 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: lauraa Go to Quoted Post
20 items are a bit daunting, but I do like that the directives are very clear.
Creating Christmas items is much more challenging for me then fall or Halloween.
I might play along myself and give the items to my real sister instead. I have her in the grab bag this year...
2 of each item? Maybe.
Thinking.
Laura

That might be a good way to decide if you would like to try a big swap like this another time.Smile
Follow the directives and the time frame and see how you do.

Plus your sister would benefitBigGrin

Whichever way you decide, make sure to come back and check out what everyone makes and show us what you created.

CMC56 Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 1:35:52 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Count me in Gwynne. I have been waiting for this one.

Cheryl
RockinRobin1 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:11:08 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
I'm in if you'll have me.BigGrin

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: red and gold
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: I could always use bling and small flowers
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for you by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? Surprise me.
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Snickers
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards? Thank you cards
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? 6 x 6 or 12 x 12 would be better for me.
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Snowman lover
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Little Drummer Boy, What Child is This
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Yes
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? Yes
11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Any style is fine with me...I do lean more toward traditional or vintage.
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Christmas
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? I prefer traditional (simple) or vintage.
14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. Any of the Tim Holtz blueprint stamps, can be either regular size or mini size.

Edited by user Monday, October 07, 2013 12:05:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Lori fromTx Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:34:25 PM(UTC)
Lori fromTx

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I want to join Please

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: I use gold, chocolate brown , copper and champaine colors with a little dark red.

2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: any thing that sparkles

I would love something I could leave out after the holidays maybe angels or red birds.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? surprise me anything but chocolate covered cherries lol.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards? Giftcard

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I really don't do use layouts

snowmen or angels or red birds

silent night, I want a hippopotamus for Christmas (kids and I love that one lol) Mary did you know . Hard Candy Christmas,White Christmas

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? YES a few that's what Christmas is about after all.

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? yes on cards

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:07:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

planlady19 Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 2:59:24 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 260 post(s)
Ok I will get answers later..

Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: Vintage Greens and Burgundy.

Any of the new TH Stencils, pop dots, any distress ink, embossing powder,

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Reese peanut butter cups, or Mike and Ike's something I can grab while crafting.. not that i need to oh yea a new addition is the Weather's apple filled candy.. sooooo good.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcards?
Note card
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? really need to do these but have not got started.

Snowman Lover oh yea.
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. White Christmas, the Christmas song,

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? for cards only

would rather have non religious verses

Vintage
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Christmas

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? [color=darkred]Vintage, Shabby Chic, Steampunk,

Lindy's spray, any of the new spellbinder dies or any dies or stamps..

15. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)? I have a couple have not really used them much still figuring out the coloring thing.. but I am open to anything?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:33:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:15:57 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I'll play. (Thanks for the heads up Terri) This will be my only swap so that will be a nice change of pace, unlike prior years...Cursing OhMyGod ThumbDown An earlier mailing window is a great idea.

Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: Traditional green/red/gold

2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: Ink blending foams, clear fine embossing powder, narrow lace trims, Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals (only have Poppy Teal), white gel pens, Glossy Accents, 6x6 paper pads, red tape 1/2", atg tape 1/4", vintage buttons, pearl bling

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? I have no need for stickpins, dangles, jewelry or Cricut pjs

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? anything peppermint flavor

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or gift cards holders? Notecards

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? 12x12

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Snowman lover but other winter icons are okay too

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. I Saw Three Ships, O Holy Night, Silver Bells, Bruce Springsteen's version of Santa Claus Is Coming to Town, White Christmas, Jingle Bell Rock - few I dislike really

9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? no more than two

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? no thank you

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? I prefer traditional or vintage

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? Eclectic as in I like what I like and seldom worry about what "style" it's presented in, but I definitely lean toward vintage, but not overly done super flowery.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:53:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: forgot to paste the questions in...

beetlebugmart Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 10:03:04 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

United States

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Hi! I would love to join if you'll have me. I have been waiting for a swap like this one. It will be very exciting.

Hannah
ScrappinGwen Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:47:25 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB, do you realize how many gals here will be ecstatic to see you joining the Christmas Swap??

Just made my morning!

And thanks to Terri for doing a little arm twisting!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:17:35 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

And thanks to Terri for doing a little arm twisting!

No twisting at all, she just left a trail of breadcrumbs, for me to follow. Smile

bklynborn Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:18:28 AM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 123 post(s)
Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:----red and green
---
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:----flower soft, flock, atg tape, glossy accents.

3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?---
don't need stick pins, dangles.
would love picture frames, kitchen magnets, wreaths, mini albums or a holiday planner and all and any surprises.

-4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat?----chirardelli peppermint bark

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders?----
note cards are great

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size?---- yes 12x12

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme?---snowmans are great.

8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols.----jingle bells, baby its cold outside,
silent nite
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items?---rather not

10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects?----rather not

mq updated 9/23/13

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style?----traditional.

12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme?----Christmas is fine.

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall?----I like all styles.

14. something special I would want.----nothing at the moment.

15.---- do I like Maggie stamps. love them, but have so many, some haven't even been used yet. I will pass.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 1:19:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jen Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:25:54 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Gwen/Jean I would like to join this swap. I haven't been on the MB much lately and took a break from crafting during the summer. But I am eager to get back into my craft room again.

Clear, burgundy and vintage greens.

1/4" - 1/2" scor tape, 1/4" - 1/2" acid free ATG tape, stamp daubers, round sponges, fiskars paper trimmer blades "I"

I am typically fine with most things. I do not need stick pins or dangles.

Cellos Brand Chocolate covered cherries (I am a brand snob with this treat - lol)

Note cards - Thinking of You or plain.

I do not do layouts but would love to receive die cut greetings for A2 sized cards - Love, Thinking of you, Hello, Hi etc

Love clear snowflakes to hang on the tree or to hang in the windows.

White Christmas, Silent Night - more traditional carols.

Yes

Yes

Vintage

Either is fine

My first love is anything with a vintage feel for it - distressed - colors of tan/brown/olive/pink. Next would be clean and simple - just no neon or bright colors please

14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. I have had my eye on the "We R Memory Keepers - ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD" but just can't seem order it.

15. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)? I don't stamp as much as I would like to. Have several Maggie stamps buy really do not use them.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:13:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CMC56 Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:30:15 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Questions:

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: silvers and golds.
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: washi tape, TH paint daubers, TH tissue tape, atg tape 1/4 acid free,glossy accents.
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of? do not need note cards,stickpins or dangles..
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? licorice.
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? giftcard holders

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I do 12x12 layouts.
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? snowman, snow flakes would be fine.
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Rudolph, little drummer boy.
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? of course.
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? of course.

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Vintage

13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? whimsical, vintage,
14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue.Any of the TH mini blueprint stamps.
15. Do you like/use Maggie stamps? If so, are there any newer ones you would like to have (drooling over)? I have a few Maggie stamps, but I do not use them much as I am not very good at coloring them.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:27:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

maria2193 Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:46:07 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Sounds like fun, don't know if I'll have the time.... but it will be nice to see what everyone comes up with though!
lauraa Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:25:24 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
That might be a good way to decide if you would like to try a big swap like this another time.Smile
Follow the directives and the time frame and see how you do.

Plus your sister would benefitBigGrin

Whichever way you decide, make sure to come back and check out what everyone makes and show us what you created.

I've decided to play along at home and am excited to see what everyone comes up with.
I'll be watching...
Laura
 1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
JeanP on 9/18/2013(UTC)
sharlenescrafts Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:40:54 AM(UTC)
sharlenescrafts

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I absolutely love Christmas and since I am trying to go out of my comfort zone and try new techniques and be more creative I would like to join. I will BBL to answer the questions!

Happy Scrappin!

Sharlene

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home:I usually go with traditional and use Red/Green with a touch of Gold. My Teenage daughter decorates her room and she like the Blue/Silver so Im open to all.
2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with:Stickles, Brads, 1/4 ATG refill, Alcohol Inks and small stamp sets, anything really
3. Using the list of ideas in Post 1 for ideas, is there anything you would love to have made for your by your SS? Or, in the alternative, is there certain items you do not need more of?I would be happy to get anything from the list.
4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? White Chocolate Popcorn
5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? No preference
6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? Not really but would love die cuts for cards and other projects
7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Definitely a snowman lover.
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Silent Night, 12 Days of Christmas
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Nothing religious
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects?Nothing Religious
11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? Prefer Traditional but would love any.
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? I would like Christmas theme.
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall? I have no preference, I like all styles just depends on my mood. My current style I'm learning more about is Steampunk.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:26:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: amswer questions

cricutjunky Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:29:14 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Ok Gwynne just so you know I haven't done a swap in quiet a while, so I may be a little rust, but
Robin talked me into it! I just love Christmas swaps and there are a lot of familiar faces in this swap so I'm in!!

1. Your Christmas decorating style and colors used in your home: I love Vintage Christmas, but I don't do Santa Claus, I love sleighs and reindeer etc.. I love silver and red.

2. Please list some inexpensive wishlist items for your SS to consider treating you with: Any of the Prima bling or Prima flowers, Zots dots are always good, I use a lot of glossy accents and I am running out of ATG refills, Would love to try the Modge Podge molds, any of the new Copic colors.

Nope go for it.

4. Your favorite food/snack holiday treat? Well I love to make my Pumpkin fudge this time of year, but my favorite candy is Reece's piece's, anytime of the year.

5. Do you have a preference for notecards, thank you cards, or giftcard holders? Any would be great.

6. Do you do Layouts? 8x8 or different size? I am working on a 8x8 album for my puppy Jaxie.

7. Snowman lover? Or something else you would prefer for a wintry, but not Christmas-y theme? Love Snowmen or Reindeer, Tree's, snow, sleighs.
8. List some of your favorite Christmas Carols- Dashing through the snow and Baby Jesus is born.
9. Are you okay with receiving religious items? Yes would love anything regarding baby Jesus.
10. Are you okay with religious type of holiday verses on cards or other projects? yes

11. For Christmas themed crafts - do you prefer traditional, modern, or vintage style? any
12. If your partner were to make you a Mini Album or Altered Frame, tray, etc - would you prefer Christmas theme or other theme? Either Christmas or puppy.
13. Your style of crafting preferred overall?I think it's easier to say what I don't like and that is frilly girly or grunge.

14. Just in case your SS would like to treat you with one extra special gift, please list an item or two that you would love to have in your craftroom, that is more pricey then say a tube of glue. Well...... I would love a pair of thos Tim Holtz scissors or maybe .....oh! I need a new bone folder, you know that pink one from Martha Stewart Love Love

Edited by user Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:42:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:58:18 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Cricut Junkie: It's always nice to see old faces come back for the holidays!

I need an address and alternative email and/or cell # for texting too

I also need same info from LorifromTx.

The rest of you are on my list already.