Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

larabrown Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:14:47 AM(UTC)
larabrown

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Is there anywhere we can find out more about the possibility of a new machine? Sadly, my E is starting to die. I DO NOT want another Cricut Mini version. I don't like using the Craft Room. I want my Gypsy!! I like the ease of using my scrapbooking stuff WITHOUT a computer....I digress.

Really just looking to find out more about the possible new machine. This would be info submitted by PC--more on the official side. I need to know if I should try and grab another E before they're gone or just cut my losses now.

IDEA/WISH LIST--if they had made the E2 with the all the Gypsy features, I would be ALL over that!!

Thanks!
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 10:33:42 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 953 post(s)
Just FYI in case you did not know, you can use the Gypsy with the Mini.
larabrown Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:34:19 PM(UTC)
larabrown

Yes, thank you. I was hoping to hear some news about what's coming next. With several people reporting that their Expressions and Gypsy machines are hitting the end of their lives, I was anxious to hear about what was coming down the line. So far my Gypsy is fine, but if my E is starting to go, I fear the Gypsy is next. Eek!

Lara
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:38:55 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19105 time(s) in 8536 post(s)
Everything we've heard about a new machine has been from customers/vendors. PC has not announced anything about a new machine. Usually, they do big reveals at CHA and the next CHA isn't until January.

Several vendors have posted on their FB pages that they were told by PC that they {the vendors} would no longer be able to order the E. But I haven't seen the "memo", so I don't know what it actually said.
larabrown Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:24:29 PM(UTC)
larabrown

Thank you! Now that certainly is interesting. I guess it was too much to hope for as a pre-Christmas announcement.

Thank you both for your responses. I'll try to keep my E limping along. Just hope my Gypsy hangs in there too!
deleted Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:24:36 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Here is my guess... and it is ONLY a guess!

BigGrin

I think they will be selling a "print & cut" machine - but not like the Imagine. I think it will be like the Silhouettes - in the fact that you print using your own printer, using the software that works with your machine (so I would guess it would be a new feature of CCR). It will print registration marks on the paper, you will load the paper on the mat and the Cricut will read those marks. It would read the marks on the paper itself, not the mat like the Imagine.

I don't know if they will have specific cartridges with "print/cut" images (more than likely it would be digital carts) or if they will allow you to add your own color and patterns to images already on cartridges you own? I would say it is a safe bet that they will stay with their proprietary images and not allow import of your own images.

Here is a link to a patent application for this type of machine by Provo Craft:

System and Method for Printing and Cutting

I would have thought that they would have some MAJOR testing of this before they debut it though - and I would think that someone would have leaked some juicy tidbit about it, and I haven't seen anything yet - so this is just pure speculation on my part.

The way I read the patent application describes exactly what Silhouettes will do (as far as the print/cut) and I can tell you it works GREAT - so those who are Cricut fans and want some print/cut ability without the headache of the Imagine - it sounds pretty fantastic.... but again - it's just a guess. Maybe they are debuting polka dot tipped tools! LOL

It's fun to try and guess though!
 2 users thanked deleted for this useful post.
CraftyKat on 9/18/2013(UTC), larabrown on 9/19/2013(UTC)
RobinPineo1 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:50:10 AM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
You rock, great job on the patent info. Very interesting. I hope we can use our cartridges with these new machines also.
larabrown Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:46:01 AM(UTC)
larabrown

Wow!! Are you a part-time detective? I can't believe you found the patent. That's some amazing research skills.

I really appreciate your well researched response. It sounds more the like the Eclipse by Sizzix instead of the Silhouettes, but I'm not really familiar with either of those machines. I have an Expression only, TONS of cartridges, and my trusty Gypsy. I don't want to be tied to my computer. That was the whole reason I bought a Cricut in the first place.

Sad, but PC was truly an innovator in this field, coming out with the first user-friendly portable electronic die-cut machine. Now it looks like they are just following the crowd. :(

{I understand that at this point this is all just guessing, but fearful for the future}

Thanks again!
CricutCrazy Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:43:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1013 time(s) in 733 post(s)
All I can tell you as wholesale PC customer is that there IS a new machine coming and you will like it. No pictures or details have been released as yet to the vendors (except maybe the BIG guys like JoANn and Michaels stores exceutives)

Save your machine and your money a little longer...lots of Christmas shopping ahead ! BigGrin

Tennis53 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:52:24 PM(UTC)
Tennis53

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
All I can tell you as wholesale PC customer is that there IS a new machine coming and you will like it. No pictures or details have been released as yet to the vendors (except maybe the BIG guys like JoANn and Michaels stores exceutives)

Save your machine and your money a little longer...lots of Christmas shopping ahead ! BigGrin

Is it supposed to be out before Christmas?