Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

angelacorcoran Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:28:59 PM(UTC)
angelacorcoran

Groups: Registered

Hi All!!! VERY new to the message boards (but not my cricut!)

I am looking for a good place to buy the clear tumbler cups with lids & straws. Can anyone direct me in the right spot?! I've found a few but all from China and shipping is INSANE and so is their min. order!

I only want about 2 dozen for a reasonable price. I do a lot of work with vinyl and just LOVE it and need these cups.

Thanks for your help =)

BethDipple Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 7:18:02 PM(UTC)
BethDipple

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a question about these cups! Have you made them before w/ the vinyl? Where does the vinyl go? On the outside of the cup or inside? Can you use the cricut brand vinyl? I want to make some for Christmas but I can't find any info about them! Thanks so much for your help!
GinaBivens Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 20, 2011 10:16:46 PM(UTC)
GinaBivens

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@angela-----Try discountmugs.com----They are based in Florida-----I haven't ordered from them personally yet, but they seem to have the best prices so far

@beth------I use an outdoor vinyl purchased from a local sign shop----It goes on the outside of the cups and can be hand washed-----I don't know if the cricut vinyl can be used
Cassie Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:56:35 PM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 260 post(s)
I purchase my tumblers from silkletter.com. I like their quality just a little better than discount mugs. I use outdoor vinyl and typically purchase from caftyvinyl or vinyloutlet.net
cropdropnroll Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 6:53:41 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Croppin Cassie and I have used the cups from silkletter, and they really seem to hold up. Just be sure to use the outdoor vinyl, on the outside of the cup, as it has a 5-7 year life, and can be washed (don't recommend the dishwasher). There is also a tool out there called a "Seal-it pen" that you can use as an added security measure for the vinyl. HTH.

2 users thanked cropdropnroll for this useful post.
MarieM on 12/1/2011(UTC), autie_fc2bc306d on 10/16/2013(UTC)
unregistered Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 1:23:19 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I only use small quantities - so I ordered mine from eBay. I just ordered more today - my second dozen, lol!

I ordered from a eBay seller called saveacup. Free shipping. The price worked out to $4.08 a cup. for a dozen cups. I bought the 16 ounce because they are so much easier to deal with. The 20 ounce cups are just to big for my cabinets.

I have NO affiliation with that eBay seller - just wanted to pass along a good experience. All the cups arrived well packaged, no breakage. And it was FAST!

They have an auction up right now for 24 clear cups for $81 shipped. That is less than $3.40 a cup - very good price! you can also get colored cups from them.
unregistered Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 12:44:34 PM(UTC)
unregistered

Just wanted to add that I received my cups today from Save A Cup. Packed really nice - no breakage. They are shipped in a large box with lots of packing peanuts for cushion. Each cup is in a bubble wrap sleeve, with another light cushioning sleeve over that.

I know there had been some issues with breakage from Silkletter and Discount Mugs (although those issues may be resolved by now)

This was my second order from Save A Cup and both have been perfect. A great source for small quantites.

Again - I have no affiliation with them - just a happy customer.
MarthaGaal Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:04:23 PM(UTC)
MarthaGaal

I bought some cups like this from my local Big Lots for $7 for two.

I have a question about putting names or words on these cups. When I put names on them, I didn't take into consideration that the cups are slanted, so the name looks crooked. Is there an easy way to line it up straight without doing one letter at a time?
craftymom72@ymail.com Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 8:08:14 PM(UTC)
craftymom72@ymail.com

United States

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Hi,
I purchased 10 of them through Amazon's website. The seller was www.etoolcity.com and the total price including shipping was $55.00. If I would have order 24, I think it was $68.00 plus shipping?
I also noticed that discountmugs.com has really good prices but only if you buy a bulk of them, like 100 or more.
Hope this helps you out.
Good luck finding a great deal,
Kim
Radbunny Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 9:10:42 PM(UTC)
Radbunny

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Do you have a dollar store nearby? I picked up a CASE of glass mugs there for $1 each!!! I know they had plastic cups, too. It's worth a look if you have one close to you. :)
unregistered Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
unregistered

I just discovered Save A Cup has a website! Save A Cup

It is actually a little cheaper on their website, than on eBay.

$47.40 for 12 cups shipped - that's not too bad -$3.95 per cup. The prices gets cheaper the more you order. You can also mix/match colors..and they have other sizes and styles. So far - I have had great luck with this company!

MarthaGaal - I always put my letters across, not up and down - so it has never been too much of an issue getting them straight. they are a bit curved, but look ok. I mostly do monogram type things on the cups. I know with the third party software, some gals have been able to curve their designs so they fit right on cups - but I don't know if any of the Cricut software has this feature.

1 user thanked unregistered for this useful post.
MarthaGaal on 12/7/2011(UTC)
stevea3a287cd Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:34:10 AM(UTC)
stevea3a287cd

you have to visit intimepromos.com for Clear tumbler cups with lids & straws. they have numerous variety in it with low rates. i sure this site will be very helpful for you.

#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:39:26 PM(UTC)
sunshinespets3f751ee8

just as a hint most dollar gen. have the cups for 2.50each and family dollars got them for 3.00each
Cindy J Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 8:30:26 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I've been looking for a good price on sippy/toddler cups. Does anybody know where I might find some blank ones for a decent price? I've checked the previous sites mentioned but haven't had much luck. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
CricutMallie Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 6:39:47 AM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1162 time(s) in 216 post(s)
If this is helpful, the Dollar Tree has them for $1.00 each-- but you if you order online, you can get a case of 24 delivered to the store for free :)

The one thing is that they come in different colors in the case--and you don't know what you'll get in the case. If you only need clear, it might not be worth your time-- but if other colors might be fun for you-- there's not a better price out there-- Trust me, I've looked!

http://www.dollartree.co...329779/index.pro#details

Mallie @ Cricut
deleted Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 9:35:41 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
The Dollar Tree ones are a great price! But the quality is not nearly that of Save A Cup or the other suppliers...

So if you are selling them or giving as gifts - you might want to spend a little bit more for the quality .. but the DT ones are great for practice, or if you are not too concerned about them lasting for a long time. They do tend to separate (the double walled layers pop apart)

I cannot walk into DT without thinking what I can use to put vinyl on! Love that place!
Cindy J Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 6:45:13 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Thanks for your replies. I searched and searched the internet last night but everything I looked at was more expensive than what I wanted to pay. I did look at the Dollar Tree site, but for some reason I couldn't find any blank sippy cups there. I just looked again (after reading your posts) and found them. I will definitely keep them in mind. Blushing
I will be selling them so I looked up the Save A Cup site. I can't find sippy/toddler cups anywhere on that site. Am I missing something?

And yes, I'm the same way: I can't walk into Dollar Tree either without thinking about what I can put vinyl on... it's a wonderfully terrible addiction! BigGrin

- Cindy
Cindy J Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 8:20:19 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Also, I need to know: are the tumblers at Save A Cup or Silkletter the hard acrylic kind? I usually get mine from Expressions Vinyl, but they sell the Bolero Tumblers made out of a softer, more pliable material. Somebody wants to order some tumblers from me, but they want the hard acrylic. Let me know ASAP. Thanks!
Cindy J Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:11:21 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

I'm hoping somebody will answer my questions soon. I need to know.
Also, to add to my previous questions: are the Silkletter tumblers dishwasher safe?

Please, please let me know... Thanks!
Katania Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:45:32 PM(UTC)
Katania

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've never order the tumbler cups from expressionsvinyl.com but they have the cups listed at $2.70 each for 6-11 cups and $2.30 for an order larger than 12. They also have outdoor vinyl and all sorts of other vinyl products. If you sign up for their newsletter they usually will alert you when there is a sale or send you a promo code. I ordered vinyl from them and I didn't have any problems with ordering. shipping, and the product was great. I might be buying these for Christmas :) Hope this helps.
deleted Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:34:39 AM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
The Acrylic cups from SaveACup are the hard type. I have some from Expressions and I also have the ones from SaveACup.

The ones from SaveACup will go through the dishwasher fine, and the vinyl holds up good - but it is NOT recommended to do that. If I was selling them, I would tell them that the dishwasher is not recommended - and if they do use it and the cup or vinyl fails..they cannot have a refund.

SaveACup is now getting some fabulous different kinds of cups on their website! So awesome.