Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

*Meg* Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 6:51:10 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Hi!

I have a Gypsy I purchased a few years ago. It has the free Smilie Cards cart, if that helps pinpoint the age. Stats: Gypsy Version 1.4 (0210: 0219)

I had all but stopped using my Cricut & Gypsy, but was given some new cartridges recently and need to update the G. I don't want to update my Cricut Expression, though, if it can be avoided. (Maybe I'll buy one of the new ones if I can get Cricut Sync and the G updated and working properly.)

I'm not at all interested in the online design program, so I hope I don't have to do anything with that to get my G updated.

I remember something about Cricut Sync. I do have it installed, but when I open the program it immediately tries to "Connect to Device." Then it crashes and an Adobe box (not a Cricut Sync box) pops up saying:

Sorry, an error has occurred. This application cannot be installed because the installer has been misconfigured. Please contact the application author for assistance.

So I'm thinking I need to uninstall Cricut Sync and install it again. There's likely been an update, so that's probably for the best anyway.

Then do I just update the G by following the Cricut Sync prompts? I did it a few times back when I was using it consistently over a year ago, but there were always problems. Reading the threads here and in the Gypsy forum, I see that hasn't changed and it worries me.

My plan right now is to uninstall Cricut Sync, reinstall it, then open it and follow the prompts to update the G. Is this the best way? Is it best to hook up the G to my computer and then open Cricut Sync, or open Cricut Sync and then hook up the G?

Since CCR doesn't appeal to me, I really want to be able to keep using my G. I've used it a few times this past week and it works fine, it just needs updating so I can link the new carts. I'd be pretty ticked off if it crashes & burns due to an update -- something I know has happened to many people.

I'd very much appreciate all the help and advice you folks have! BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, September 06, 2013 9:59:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Friend44 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:04:43 AM(UTC)
Friend44

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Anyone?!? I'm in the same situation. Can't believe it's been so long since I've had the time to use my Cricut.
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 6:49:26 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7885 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Friend44 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone?!? I'm in the same situation. Can't believe it's been so long since I've had the time to use my Cricut.

Have you downloaded the latest version of Cricut sync? You'll find it under the Support button at the top of this screen.
Friend44 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 6:16:59 PM(UTC)
Friend44

Thanks. I did update my G, but my E doesn't recognize it.
 1 user thanked Friend44 for this useful post.
llobrien7c0141eb on 10/28/2013(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 6:10:01 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Friend44 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks. I did update my G, but my E doesn't recognize it.

You may need to update your E as well. You can do this either through your G or computer. If your E isn't recognizing your G, you might need to call customer service to walk you through the update process.

Friend44 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:51:38 AM(UTC)
Friend44

I have been going through this too. I have called support every day. They told me I should be updating my G every 6 weeks or so. They said it has nothing to do with the E, but it's still not recognizing my G. Will try again today.
 1 user thanked Friend44 for this useful post.
daynalatham Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 10:34:21 AM(UTC)
daynalatham

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have had nothing but trouble with mine as well. Then it showed up that it wasn't registered to (What the heck!) Then they unregistered.. .NOW it CANT register because they are having syncing issues. REALLY??? Their "issues" have been going on for over a week. I really am thinking of ditching all my cricut and moving on to something where customer service means something. I was on phone over an hour waiting for support to tell me they have no time frame on the fix and keep trying back!
 1 user thanked daynalatham for this useful post.
llobrien7c0141eb Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:29:44 PM(UTC)
llobrien7c0141eb

Confused I cannot cut with my gypsy, which IS registered, because apparently it's not up-to-date and when I try to Sync, I'm told it's not registered. HELP
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:09:50 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Originally Posted by: llobrien7c0141eb Go to Quoted Post
Confused I cannot cut with my gypsy, which IS registered, because apparently it's not up-to-date and when I try to Sync, I'm told it's not registered. HELP

I was getting this message, too, after a long hiatus. Has your email address changed? That was the glitch for me regarding my account.
llobrien7c0141eb Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:56:08 AM(UTC)
llobrien7c0141eb

nope... I've had the same email address since before there were Cricuts! Laugh I feel like I wasted my money on a Gypsy though. It's useless given the technical issues I'm having...
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:15:24 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

You might try contacting customer support to see why it's not coming up as registered. Some people have antivirus issues with sync. You might have to add it to the exceptions in your antivius to get it to work properly. I do agree with you though, they sure don't manage the tech stuff very well at all. Hope CS can help get you back up and running.