Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
BingoLady Offline
#31 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:57:07 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 665 post(s)
I'm back..........still no computerSad Sad Sad TurtleBug let me come to her house and post my cards.

My #4 card:

img][/img]

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:37:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#32 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:04:55 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hey guys. . . hope all are well. . .I have finally MOVED! Whoohoo! I now have my craftroom back! LOL! That means I can get to work soon. Here's my blog link and you may have to go back some but all the pictures of before and after are posted there. . .I still have some more pictures to post soon. . .but here you can see why I've been away sooooooo long! LOL!

http://www.christinemillerramey.com
BingoLady Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 8:39:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Lisa,
Thanks for Hosting last week and the sketches. Sorry I wasn't able to post my cards, am working on getting a new computer soon.

Donna,
Thanks for the pretty colors.

Turtlebug,
Thanks for letting me use your computer.

My Extra Credit card is the round part only, it is not a square card.

[img]null[/img]
Gisele Offline
#34 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 3:45:52 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Dee – Glad that you are back too! I used the Corner Chomper “clouds” for the corner cuts on Sketch #1.

BingoLady – Hope your computer is replaced soon! Wonderful Sketch #4 card! The pink is a nice accent colour against the navy and striped pattern paper. Love your extra credit Halloween card!

Christine – glad to see you back and that you are settling in to your new home!

I will have another card to share tonight. Have a great day everyone!
DeeScraps Online
#35 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:11:03 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
Christine...it's so good to see you back. You've done wonders with the house. That's great that your dad could do so much of the work. We are looking forward to seeing your cards when you start posting them again.

BingoLady...good luck with the computer problem. I certainly understand what it's like to have your computer down....no fun at all! I'm glad you were able to post your cards. Card #4...I like the choice of colors. What embossing folder did you use? I loved the round Halloween card. What a great idea to do it that way.

Gisele....thanks for telling me about the corner chomped. I have one put it's only for rounded corners. I found it works the best of anything I've tried.

Dee
britishgirl Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 12:07:06 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Well i managed to get one done this is sketch #4 with the ad colors the Image is from Here
http://sliekje.blogspot.com/

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 12:08:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2302.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 1:21:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Hi Ladies!!
SUPER EXCITED to see some of our gals back!!!!Wub

You have all been missed and looking forward to all your awesome creations again. It was a rough summer trying to keep this MB going with about only five gals participating full time. But hey, we're all a devoted group that loves card-making and we will band together always to continue to inspire and help in any way we can! We all have a life and reasons for not participating full time, or for some reason have left. But, please do come back to our little family, you are all missed and welcomed back with open arms. Looking for a great year ahead with more sketches, more challenges, new techniques and tools to work with, and more inspiration to keep our mojo going, not mention the great camaraderie shared by everyone!Smile

Got my computer back a of couple days ago....YAY!! My DD will be here today to hook it up nd praying I will be good to go again! Will be back later to post my cards and comments.ThumpUp
DeeScraps Online
#38 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 3:08:17 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: britishgirl Go to Quoted Post
Well i managed to get one done this is sketch #4 with the ad colors the Image is from Here
http://sliekje.blogspot.com/

Wow, it's great to see some of our regulars back.

Britishgirl....very cute card in the week's colors. Her stamps are adorable and they are free!

Turtlebug...looking forward to your cards.

I'm going to try to work on one tonight.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/2/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#39 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 4:32:40 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
It is so nice to see some of the oldies back, yeah! Always the more the merrier, look forward to see your creations.

OK, I got my sketch #1 done. All the papers are from CTMH Christmas paper pack from last year. The oval cut from CCR basics and the ornament is from Celebrate with Flourish.

Gisele Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 4:55:00 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my Sketch #3 - on its side. The last of my Thanksgiving cards.

Gisele Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:00:12 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Britishgirl – Love your Christmas card in the ad colours!

Turtlebug – very happy that you and the other gals keep the challenge going! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Donna – Wonderful Christmas card in the non-traditional colours! Great papers, images and embossing. Of course the MS punch is a nice touch!

I better get working on my Christmas cards too as I am definitely behind!
#42 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:34:37 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome back. . . it's good to be here again! Can someone remind me of how we are doing things again? I wasn't sure when the new things are being posted and on what days. Can you remind me please? Thanks all!

I am truly blessed to have a father that could do so much. :) I'm a happy gal with my house and enjoying my time in it! :) Blessings to everyone. :) Christine
TurtleBug Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 10:30:20 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Well...looks like my computer has joined Bingolady's in Computer Heaven!Crying Crying

My DD worked on it this evening and it just is not cooperating. I don't want to bother with it anymore, guess it's time for a new one!Angry

I do have my #2 computer, which will have to do for now. Sure was nice to look at the cards on one computer, while commenting on the other one. It's late now so will post again tomorrow..Goodnight everyone!Sleep

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 10:31:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Online
#44 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:23:22 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Christine....We've been doing the challenge everyone two weeks now as it was so slow over the summer. This one will go until the 8th. Whoever does it next time will post their sketches then. I didn't have cards done so I'm doing them along with everyone else.

Nana Donna....Wonderful Christmas card. Those colors go so nice together.

Gisele....Another wonderful Thanks Giving card. I like how you used the sketch.

Turtlebug....It seems to be the time for computers to give out!!!!!! Good luck with getting a new one.

I went to a wonderful scrapbook store with a friend today. Oh my....I picked up some Graphic 45 Paper. I also checked into classes.

Catch you tomorrow.....Dee
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:11:20 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Dee thanks so much for letting me know those details. It's just great to be back into the swing of things again. I was able to get one of the sketches done last night. I've posted it upon my blog. Hope everyone can get onto it with no problems. If so, I'll see what I can do.

Here's my creation posted here:

http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-3s
*NanaDonna* Online
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 12:58:40 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Yikes all these computer problems, sure hope mine keeps running smoothHuh . Sure hope Bingolady & Turtlebug are up and running again soon.

I got my sketch #3 done and I scraplifted a bit from Dee's sample card.
All the papers are from the new CTMH Frosted paper pack.
The saying is a Gina K stamp. Sorry no Cricut but I did use my Cuttlebug to emboss the snowflakes.

TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 1:46:27 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
OhMyGod Guess my computer has been given another chance at life!! Our computer guy is determined to get it fixed. I now have to save any important stuff I don't want deleted to a folder and whatever is left on there he will clean out....kinda like he is going to gut it out and when I get it back it will be totally empty with nothing but what I saved in the folder. See if this works!!
In the meantime I will post on here and hope for the best!BigGrin
TurtleBug Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:50:07 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

I am so far behind on my comments. I will do some, then come back and finish them. I want to post the cards I have made so far and see if BingoLady needs to come over and post more of her cards and/or comments.

barbarastewart
Thanks for peeking in and the nice comment. Please share some of your other projects with us. We are not just about making cards, but also sharing other sides of our creativity!Smile

NanaDonna
#4 - Love this color combo. Great image and perfect sentiment. Like the sheet music panels and the musical notes. I use Brads notes but would love to be able to make them out of cardstock in different sizes and colors...which cart did you use and did you cut them out of vinyl? They seem to have a sheen to them. Very pretty!

LindaBelchuck...WELCOME!
#3 - Very nice on the flipped side. Love the cute lttle umbrellas and the black background makes all the details and colors really pop! Like the "Cheers" on the ends of the sentiment, too. Please come back and continue to share with us!Smile

Gisele
Soooo very happy to see you back, you have been missed!!!Love We understand your absence and priorities. This is what makes this Card Challenge so awesome...you can come and go as time allows.
#4 - First of all, the Fall colors on all of these cards is awesome! Oh!!, I see our "favorite Chickenwire" folder on this one! Love the glittery Chevron panels and the use of THREE pearls per center of these pretty flowers. Very pretty card!
#2 - Like the sentiment, and the Brads on the fruit barrel give it a very "authentic" look. Love the printed BG paper and how all the colors in it match all the details of the card. Great card!
#1 - LOVE the layered pumpkin and pretty Fall leaves. The panels with the corner punches gives them a nice touch. Beautiful card!

BingoLady
#4 - Great card, love it! Like the Dk. Blue background and the striped panel, good choice to pick the white and pink colors in it to detail the rest of the card. Nice and neat job coloring the embossed sentiment in gold. Did you use a gel pen?
Extra Credit Shape Card - Like the use of just black and orange colors and the addition of the black cat to the Witch cut. Very cute, but very scary Witch!!Scared Scared Scared

Be back soon!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 2:53:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:43:04 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Ladies, welcome back nice to have all of you back. I'm here with Turtlbug using
her computor.
Dee thankyou for hosting,so nice to see you back.
And to all of you ladies, your cards came out nice. I,m so happy to see all of
you back.BigGrin I was so sadCrying I,ll try to come over again to see
some more wonderful cards. I, working on my ad colors.
Again a big thankyou to Turtlbug.

TurtleBug Offline
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:06:54 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

YAY!!My computer seems to be working again!! Still has to go back for some work, but at least I can use it now!ThumpUp

It is "sort of" my #3 Sketch Card:
Picture - From a calendar
Stamp - CTMH from the "4 My Friend" collection
Tag - Spellbinder
Corners - Fiskar punch
I added Brads with green gems, and small gold Bling to the tag, which I made from vellumn paper.
Sorry! No Cricut
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:11:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:37:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My DSIL's birthday is on the 5th, so I made this card for him

My #2 Sketch Card:

Gears - Artisite Cart
Black Panels Embossing - Cuttlebug "Clockworks" folder
Sentiment - Computer-generated
White Circle - Spellbinders "Circles" set
I added a screw Brad to the circle and popped it with 3-D tape. The two gears to the left are cut from silver metallic cardstock and I believe that when I scanned the card the light distorted the look of the card it looks out of focus and the embossing doesn't show very well on the panels. The BG is a pure white and it looks dark and uneven, sorry!...SadAngry
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 2:10:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:52:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. . . hope all are well. . .I have finally MOVED! Whoohoo! I now have my craftroom back! LOL! That means I can get to work soon. Here's my blog link and you may have to go back some but all the pictures of before and after are posted there. . .I still have some more pictures to post soon. . .but here you can see why I've been away sooooooo long! LOL!

Christine,
So glad you are finally back...boy, you and your Dad did some hard labor there! But, WOW!! the hard work sure paid off, the place looks great and so comfy. Congrats and enjoy it! Looking forward to your cards, again.

TurtleBug Offline
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 9:40:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Christine
#3 - Like the embossed BG Linen paper and the tag with the Brads looks great. Love the yellow and blue colors you picked. Very nice!

NanaDonna
#1 - LOVE IT!!! So elegant and expensive looking (you still have my address, right!!!LOL) All the papers are so pretty and that center oval with the ornament is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!
#3 - Very pretty and "Christmasy" looking card in the blue and white colors. The middle section reminds me of a snowbank, perfect embossing and like the jagged cuts.

Gisele
#3 - Awesome card!! Your family will be receiving some great cards this Thanksgiving. You have been gone a while, but you have not skipped a beat. Your cards are still some of my favorites, and this one is no exception. Like the fruit barrels and the gathered ribbon looks very pretty. Nice work on all the layering of the fruits and veggies...love the corn!BigGrin

Now, I need to get busy and finish two more cards and my Ex. Credit!

DeeScraps Online
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:02:04 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hi, I'll be back later to post my comments, but right now I wanted to see if I could get this card posted.

I used some scraps from last years Graphic 45 Halloween papers. The ghost is a die-cut.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

Edited by user Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:13:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:01:05 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug – Glad to hear that your computer is working and thanks for welcoming me back! A great card to cheer someone up! Love the BG paper from your calendar! Wonderful male card for your DSIL – nice use of gears images and the embossing too!

Dee – what collection of Graphic 45 did you buy to add to your stash? That is a great Halloween card with the ghosts!

Donna – another wonderful Christmas card and it is always fun to scraplift or be inspired from someone else's creations!

BingoLady – Glad that you can drop in using Turtlebug’s computer!

Christine – Wonderful birthday card and great choice of papers! Glad you’ve found time to create again!

I will be gone for the weekend. It is time to close-up our cottage for the season as it will start getting cooler here and then the snow in November. We’ve had unseasonably warm weather for the past 2 weeks in the 70s degrees Fahrenheit but the weather will soon drop to the low 40s in the next few days.

Have a great weekend everyone!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/4/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Online
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 5:35:30 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Christine....What a very pretty card and the paper pack you used looks like a great one. Love the colors.

Nana Donna....Another great card....and a wonderful choice of colors. It looks like a beautiful paper back. I really like "snow" cards at Christmas, I guess because it's usually pretty warm here for the holidays. Which embossing folder did you use?

Turtlebug...I'm so glad that things are going well with the computer. When you clean them off, it's like having a new one! LOL. I like how you use photos from calendars...such a unique idea. The corner punch and tag look good. The bling looks green to me, so I guess it's picking up the green from the card.

I really like what you did with the "gears" card for your DSIL. It works perfectively and to think it even looks better in person! It's frustrating when that happens. Is there any reason that you scan them and don't take a photo? It's hard to get a good scan if you "pop" anything. I learned that the hard way.

Gisele.....I can't imagine living in that cold weather. Enjoy the weekend. How far is the cabin from where you live?

You asked about the Graphic 45 Paper. Well, I bought the 6x6 Patterns & Solids of Twelve Days of Christmas. It's my first 6 x 6 pad. I also bought the 12 X 12 Christmas Pad and the 8 x 8 Mother Goose pad. Now I just have to make myself use them. I HATE to cut them up!

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 2:19:41 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug.

I really like what you did with the "gears" card for your DSIL. It works perfectively and to think it even looks better in person! It's frustrating when that happens. Is there any reason that you scan them and don't take a photo? It's hard to get a good scan if you "pop" anything. I learned that the hard way.
Dee

Hi Dee,
I usually make all my cards late at night and by then I don't have good lighting to take a picture. I have posted camera pics before, like as you say... they are too bulky to scan. I did go ahead and retook the "gear" card and re-posted it. Still the white area is too uneven, but you can see the embossing somewhat better. Beyond me why the top left gear posted brass/gold (but, looks good!) this time, since it's the same metallic cardstock as the one under it??? I also used my camera on my #1 and #2 cards I will post next, as well.

Thanks for the advice!Smile

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 2:24:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Online
#58 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 2:28:21 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Turtlebug...The card still looks great no matter what color the gears look like. It is a great interpretation of the sketch.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 3:20:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #1 Sketch Card:

Ovals - Lacy Labels cart
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" and "Clockworks" folders
Sentiment - CTMH "Kudos" collection
Bumblebee - CTMH set gifted to me by NanaDonna...don't know the collection name, but the set of four also includes a butterfly, "Thanks so very much" and a heart swirl.
Pattern Paper - Michael's Single Sheet Rack
Leaves - Sizzix "Branches w/ Leaves" die cut
Flower - Michael's Recollection Flower tin...I loved the way Gisele added three pearls to the center of her flowers. Hope she doesn't mind that I scraplifted her idea!
Punched Corners - Fiskar 3-Way Punch.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 3:31:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, October 04, 2013 3:48:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

OK!! My last sketch card and on to my Extra Credit...

My #2 Card in the Ad Colors:

Ovals - Plantin Schoolbook
Background Polka Dotted Paper - "All Seasons" Stack by Recollections
Banner - Hand-made out of ribbon and I "popped" the center of the banner only.
Frosting Oval Paper - Micheal's Single Sheet rack, which I embossed with Cuttlebug "Happy B'day" folder
Circles - From my "circle" stash using assorted embossing folders
Added large Brads "here and there".
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Friday, October 04, 2013 3:54:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified