Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

orangesforadam Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:48:18 PM(UTC)
orangesforadam

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I've been MIA for a long time...too long...but I'm back and need y'all's input! I've moved into a new craft room (well, back into it actually) and wanna get it right the first time so I can get to crafting and stop rearranging! LOL So, what's on your craft table? Are there items/tools you just have to have at arms reach? I've got a large table and I know I wanna have my self-healing mat on it along with my ATG, but short of that, I'm at a loss. TIA!
 1 user thanked orangesforadam for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 5/13/2014(UTC)
angieknecht Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 5:07:08 AM(UTC)
angieknecht

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
My work surface has some items hanging on the wall in front of it for easy reach, like my paper trimmers and eyelets and brads, a shelf holds my heat gun,xyron X and eyelet setter set.ON my desk it`s self , i have a stamp carosuel,that containts my handled stamps that i use frequently,then theres my scrapbook daily desk calender,then a pampered chef utensil organizer holds well pretty much everything that i can fit in it, lol but its mainly my handled tools like hole punches scizzors,rub on tool.
denubug Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 5:44:54 AM(UTC)
denubug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 434 time(s) in 346 post(s)
I have a huge old metal desk..so I can clutterScared Scared Scared Scared it with tons of stuff!Blushing LOL LOL I have at each end /at the back....2 jetmax cubes with the paper staorage, on top of those, my carousel/mm filled with my handy tools(ATG,scissors/file/cricut tools/TH stapler tool,quick dry glue , Distress tools/ another carousel with my copics/memto ink pads/pens..
I have always my craft mat covering my cutting mat,mm trimmer, PC trimmer,my PC story laminator, mm magazine shelf loaded with my paper to use for copics, paper from st/ctnh/georgie pacific, in that-in the drawers below that shelve:acrylic stamp cubes, distress tools, some ink pads and smooch sprayers;then out on my mat plus my swap smash pages /book I just finished binding....Wub I am too embarrassed to show photoBlushing

Edited by user Monday, March 05, 2012 5:46:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked denubug for this useful post.
greenhjw on 10/14/2013(UTC)
ChrisAnnNoel Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 11:22:35 AM(UTC)
ChrisAnnNoel

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OhMyGod I knew I had a table under there somewhere!Razz LOL!

I always have glue\tape on hand and a my cutting mat.
familyscrapper Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2012 12:02:10 PM(UTC)
familyscrapper

Location: Living in TX; heart and son in Colorado, MQ #83, page 4

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I have a library table I use for my work surface, and another one for my cutting area. I also have an antique secretary which serves as my computer station. On my work surface, I keep a self-healing mat, a two drawer storage unit from Pottery Barn, two small desktop risers (from Rolodex, both have drawers, a carousel from Recollections, a few Longaberger baskets, and an Ott Lite. On the risers, I keep all my pens (Stampin Up, Copics, etc.) In the drawers in the Risers, I have my Zig and CM glue and a few tag stacks I use frequently for journaling blocks. Under the risers is a small CM cutter and a few misc. items. In one of my Longaberger baskets, I keep all my corner rounders. The carousel has all of my scissors, all my jewelry making tools, all my tweezers, my rulers, a tool I use for tearing paper, my Cricut spatula, the CM all purpose tool, etc. It's jam packed but fairly well organized. In another Longaberger basket I keep some liquid adhesives I use frequently. When I'm working on a peper project, I always have my ATG on my desk; otherwise it hangs in my closet.
 1 user thanked familyscrapper for this useful post.
lylacfey Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:44:52 AM(UTC)
lylacfey

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Welcome back!

I have a long antique kitchen table. I have two baskets filled with various tins, cups and jars that hold my scissors, coloring tools, pens, pencils, rulers, die cutting accessories, styluses, tweezers, scoring tools, and my awl. I also have my spray bottles full of water, rubbing alcohol, stamp cleaner & lotion. I have two of my die cutting machines on my desk. Sometimes I have my cats. :)

1 user thanked lylacfey for this useful post.
Scrappyone Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:30:34 PM(UTC)
Scrappyone

Was thanked: 477 time(s) in 407 post(s)
I have a drafting table with a large self-healing mat. There is a MM carousel with pens, a few markers, spatula, stapler, scissors, tweezer bee, an Ott light. I don't keep very much else on the table but I have some shelves beside my table. I am actually just setting up my room after water damage/remodeling this past spring/summer/fall. It has been a hugh ordeal and I am slowly getting things organized. I have been searching for a new, larger table.
 1 user thanked Scrappyone for this useful post.
orangesforadam Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:40:54 PM(UTC)
orangesforadam

Thanks for sharing, y'all! I'm getting my room in order slowly, but surely, and I'll post pics when I'm done. I'd love to get y'all's opinions!!
HEKKK Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:55:09 AM(UTC)
HEKKK

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have a library table for my work station and directly behind that I have another table which sits up against the wall. On that table I have my cricut, basket with stickers and embelishments. I have my xyron machine two lights and my stackable table top holders which holds my cardstock and papers. My hubby got me a rolling two drawer cabinet which holds my sizzors, pens, pencils, glue gun, adhevises and more. I just roll that up to my library table when I am ready to work and I just turn around to the table behind me when I am ready to use those items.
 1 user thanked HEKKK for this useful post.
emmjdm5210bc2e Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:29:19 PM(UTC)
emmjdm5210bc2e

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My work space is in the closet of my scrapbooking room. When we took the shelves out of the closet, my husband left the top one with the bar directly underneath it. My supplies are organized by theme in 2 gallon ziploc bags that hang on pants hangers. That leaves the majority of my work space free. We put in a large shelf with a fold out piece. This enables me to use the entire "L" shaped surface. When I need to clean up, I just fold up the extention and close the doors. On the large shelf/table I have a 2 drawer tool box at one end and a set of 3 white folding shelves on the other end. When I go to crops I bring 1 white shelf to put my Cricut on. I am working on a project, but will post pictures when the desk is clean.
 1 user thanked emmjdm5210bc2e for this useful post.
orangesforadam Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2012 6:26:13 PM(UTC)
orangesforadam

'Can't wait to see the pics! Your space sounds wonderful!
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 2:34:36 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I don't have a room for scrapping I have to scrap in the livingroom but I have a large desk that I use mostly for my printers and cricut. I do have a tray that has my have to have tools in it. I also have my containers of brads and eyelets stacked nest to my side of the couch. I have to have them at arms length at all times because they are my favorite items. I love to use brads and eyelets. I have a small folding table that I keep handy for when I want to scrap. I have a larger folding table that I can bring out when my daughter wants to scrap with me but it takesup most of the livingroom so I usually only use it when I have too.... The toolsI can't live with out is my eyelet tool set. My sticker makers. my cricut, my printer, my craft knife (even though I have many different cutting tools I still go use my craft knife and a straight edge for most of my cutting. I also have a hard rubber mat for using my eyelet setter and an old rubber mouse pad for punching holes in paper. I have to have my tweezers handy.

Happy creating
Dori
 1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:05:57 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 715 time(s) in 546 post(s)
What did you up doing? I'm always changing mine around according to what I'm doing at the time, but I always have my pens and colored pencils near, cutter, and assorted things hanging on a peg-board behind my desk. That's where I keep my AGT gun, scissors, and other assorted tools.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:09:13 AM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I have 2 6 foot tables end for end. We have our wide format photo printer on one end. The other end(my end) has two 12 X 12 sets of drawers with the regular printer on one of them. The other one has a smaller set of drawers on it with all my small need to have at my arms length tools. I have 2 vertical file holders my large monitor and a small flat panel tv. they are all lined up across the back side of the tables. I have enough work space to have 12 X 12 layouts on the table and my laptop if I need it. I have plastic milk crates stacked up at the end of the table with all my office supplies on it. I have a set of drawers on top of the crates and a spice rack with spice containers I turned into supply containers. I have a small table next to my big table with my cricut on it so it is at arms reach.

Lirpa5150 Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 10:28:21 PM(UTC)
Lirpa5150

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
About a year and a half ago, I built myself my dream desk. I got the general idea off of Pinterest. I purchased 8 different shelf units form Lowes and screwed them all together. Then I cut myself a top out of a pressed wood used in flooring so it would be smooth. It is about 3.5'X 5'. It gives me plenty of room to scrapbook, play with my cricut, and is the perfect cutting board when I want to cut fabric and sew. It was fairly easy to put together. I have seen similar desks made with a book shelf on each side and a board for the top.
I don't know how to post a pic or I would have.
Lirpa5150 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 10:29:23 PM(UTC)
Lirpa5150

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I figured out how to post a pic after I hit post. LOL

Here is a picture of my desk and my craft closset.
Lirpa5150 attached the following image(s):
desk.jpg
closet.jpg
 1 user thanked Lirpa5150 for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC)