Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
DeeScraps Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:34:40 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 581 post(s)
Good morning....

Turtlebug...Very nice #1 sketch. I love the embossing and the flower goes perfect. I don't 'think I've seen that paper at Michials yet.

#2 sketch came out very well. I love how you used the birthday ribbon. I know it wan't an easy sketch to do...or maybe I'm the only one who struggled with it?!

Here's my sketch #2:

Mosts of the papers are scrap leftovers from last year. The Large snowflake is a die from My Favorite Things. I put lots of stickler on it.

Thanks for looking,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/6/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:35:50 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)

Hello ladies
Hope everyone is having a good week-end!

Here is my #1 card

BingoLady Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:46:44 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My card #3

**TurtleBug apoligizes for the bad color images from her computer

Edited by user Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:48:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:57:39 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

BingoLady...good luck with the computer problem. I certainly understand what it's like to have your computer down....no fun at all! I'm glad you were able to post your cards. Card #4...I like the choice of colors. What embossing folder did you use? I loved the round Halloween card. What a great idea to do it that way.

Dee[/size]

Dee,
The embossing folder I used is called Textile. I bought it at Mihael's a while back, I like it alot also. I hope you find it at Micheal's or maybe Joann's or Hobby Lobby. Thanks for askingBigGrin.

DeeScraps Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 10:38:45 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Bingo Lady....Nice cards. I especially like the colors you used in Sketch #1. Very pretty. Thanks for letting me know which folder you used.

Here is my take on a shaped card. Not the best, but it's for a little girl and I think she'll enjoy it. The paper is a Heidi Grace single sheet Christmas paper from several years ago. The lace is from my stash.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
TurtleBug Offline
#66 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:44:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Hi!
Week-end almost ever...on to another week...enjoy!!

Dee

#3 - Like this!! Card on the flipped side looks nice, cute ghosts and pumpkin pattern paper. Very nice, doesn't even need a sentiment. Looking forward to all your cards with the awesome papers from the bundle you recently bought...especially the Mother Goose one.
#2 & Ad Colors - Perfect AC card...just the three colors and some bling. The candy Kisses are the perfect detail for the "Merry Kisses" BG paper. The banner reminds me of the "ribbon" hard candy we see at Christmas time. Love the star, too!
**Extra Credit Shape Card - Too cute!! Love the double-lace hem and collar, great shape card. She will love it, reminds me of a Paper Doll dress. Sounds like you are not too happy with it, I think it's very cute as is. So, I thought maybe some Buttons, Brads, Bling, or Bows, would have been a nice detail at the shoulders or a little pocket to the side ...maybe??

BingoLady
**WOW, Bingolady!! You cards have really started to take a turn, lately!! I see a HUGH improvement on your color and pattern choices, keep up the awesome work! That's what I love about this challenge...you get to see the journey we go through from a beginner to where we are now!ThumpUp

#1 - LOVE this card and colors. The flower cut from the "Artiste" cart is very pretty. Great matting with a touch of embossing.
#3 - Very nice! Wish we could have gotten the card to post better, cause the green cardstock has a very pretty sheen and sparkly touch to it. Like the white embossing and sentiment cut. Can hardly wait to get my computer at 100% so our cards will post better.Smile

Edited by user Sunday, October 06, 2013 3:52:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:01:41 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Dee – the cold weather really hasn’t even begun for me! My cottage is a 5 hour drive from my home but on a beautiful, peaceful lake. We go between May and October! I look forward to seeing your creations with your G45 papers – it is hard to make the first cut, but so worth it! Love your card for Sketch #2! I am in the mood to make some Christmas cards so hopefully I will have some time before this week’s challenge is done! Some little girl will be so happy with your shaped card!

Turtlebug – Such a wonderful card for Sketch #1 – love your “chickenwire” folder and scraplifting is a must-do BigGrin! Great birthday card in the ad colours!

BingoLady - I love your green tone-on-tone card for sketch #1 and great use of brads! A great birthday card for Sketch #3 with the pretty embossed white background! So happy that you could drop-in eventhough your computer is not working yet.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#68 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:27:20 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Gisele....hope you get to do some cards. I'm so behind in the cards I need. Everyone in our family has a birthday between now and Christmas, not to mention anniversaries, a wedding coming up and some new babies due. Smile

Turtlebug....I think that buttons on the dress shoulder is a good idea. I was also thinking of putting a ribbon around the whole thing and tying it in a bow. I used the Paper Doll cartridge but the Cricut was cutting really strange.

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:16:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

FINALLY!! Finished my Extra Credit Shape card. Wanted to finish it before the sun went down cause the card is too 3-D to scan.

Extra Credit Shape Card:

Spool - Artiste cart
Sentiment - Computer-generated
Jute - By Horizon Jute Cord
Scalloped Circle - Lacy Labels... cart which I inked the edges with Dew Drops in "Midnight Blue"
Top Circle - Fiskar Circle Punch
I cut the spool at 5.75" from chipboard then double-taped it to the second spool cut from speckled cardstock to give it some thickness and wrapped the jute around it. I then cut a third spool for the inside back of the card.
Added stick pins and tiny Bling (which I noticed the middle bling fell of after I had already taken the photo.Sad) The Brad at the top allows the card to swing open.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

This is the inside, where I will add something to later:

[img][/img]
I got the idea on Pintrest from Amy Tsuruta at http://timelesstwine.blo...04/handmade-quality.html
*NanaDonna* Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 1:50:04 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2626 time(s) in 1383 post(s)
Sorry ladies for being MIA. I have been fighting with my Cricuts and Craft Room ALL weekend trying to finish up my sketch #2Scared Scared Scared Scared Unsure I have wasted so much time, I am going to call PC right now and if they can not get things rolling again, I will have to resort to using my other machine to finish up my card.

First of all I want to do a special call out to my two fabulous SIL's and students of mine for this addicting hobby. Both Bingolady and Turtlebug have really improved with their card making and I am so proud of them. Bingolady so nice to see you step out of your comfort zone and make some awesome cards this week.

ALL the cards this week are wonderful and hope top comment later, but I am so proud of my 2 students I wanted to give them a big high fiveThumpUp or thumbs up as it may. LOL

ALSO - got any takers on hosting the next 2 week challenge coming up on Wednesday 10/9????? I think Gisele said she would host the following one starting 10/23, but we need someone for this week.

LisaW. Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:10:29 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...as usual I am running way behind.

I don't think I am going to be able to squeeze all the sketches in. Took two vacation days this week so will have to be IOU's either Wednesday or Thursday. Got everything laid out but just ran out of time.

I did get sketch #1 done Saturday night in between family game night...we were playing the Wii so could work on it between turns, lol.

Sketch #1...turned to my scrap box for the patterned paper.
Cartridge: Rock Princess...stars at 1-1/2 inches.
Spellbinders: Oval
Cuttlebug: Dots.

Sketch #4...didn't like so was going to redo but ran out of time.
Cartridge: Slumber Party
Spellbinders: Circle
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0498.JPG
DSCF0496.JPG
MarthaT Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:12:07 PM(UTC)
MarthaT

These are all so wonderful

LisaW. Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, October 07, 2013 8:15:38 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I won't have any samples or anything ready but if we don't have a hostess for Wedneday I would be willing to throw some sketches up.

Lisa
*NanaDonna* Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:19:30 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
I won't have any samples or anything ready but if we don't have a hostess for Wedneday I would be willing to throw some sketches up.

Lisa

LISA - that would be great, I know Bingolady has her sketches ready but without a computer it would be hard to host.
So go ahead and put us up some sketches, and thanks so much for jumping inBigGrin

DEE - will you be putting up our Ad Colors tomorrow?

I called PC yesterday and they got my Cricuts/CCR all up and running. It turns out that it was my new virus protection fightingGlare with CCR after a couple adjustments all was working great. Thanks Matt at PCThumpUp

*NanaDonna* Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:27:21 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Since Matt got my CCR working again I was able to finish my card using my Cricut.BigGrin BigGrin I am not very good at using my Cricut directly using the keypadHuh. Since my CCR was not working I tried cutting that way and I got the paper on the mat all wrong etc etc.....Blushing
Here is my sketch #2
Background paper is from Recollections all season pack.
Center snowflake is a Recollections sticker. Snowflakes cut from a variety of cartridges, Accent Essentials, Artiste, Winter Lace I thinkBlushingI added a few glitter snowflake stickers on top of the cut out ones.
The ribbon banner was cut using Artiste and stamped with a Gina K stamp and heat embossed with silver.

DeeScraps Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:11:09 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna......will post the colors tomorrow? I've been down with a virus and I will be heading to the doctor in the morning. I'm not a pretty sight!

Thanks for everyone who played along this week, and thanks to those who just sot[[ed in to say hi. All the cards were wonderful.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#77 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:00:36 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
Thanks for the nice comment on improving my card-making...but, hey...when I have the best Mentor (you) ever, I can't help but get better! Thanks for all your help these past 3+ years with all my questions about creating cards, the Cricut, new techniques and everything else in between...you are the BEST!!
Glad you got yourself and your machines all figured out and able to finish your cardThumpUp
#2 - Beautiful!! Love the blues with all the white and the gem star is so pretty and like the embossed Banner.

LisaW.
Glad you were able to work in a couple of cards!
#1 - Like the mix of patterns and the nice sentiment...great male card. I have the same problem when working with papers out of my scrap box...Often forget where it orignated from!
#4 - Redo it!!! WHY!!??? I love it, perfect for a teen girl, like the animal pattern mix and color-combo. Great card!

MarthaT
Thanks for peeking in and the nice comment...please come peek and/or join us, again.

Dee
Hope you are feeling 100% real soon!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:03:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#78 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:21:53 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Donna - Love your blue snowflake card! All is amazing! I am like you and I can't cut with my Expression unless I have my Gypsy or CCR.

Dee - I do hope you feel better. A bad cold has gone through our family these past few weeks.

Lisa - I love both of your cards! Great to use scraps too! I agree with Turtlebug and there is no reason to re-do your second card!