Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
LisaW. Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:22:02 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
The holidays are sneaking up on us...what a great way to get started on your holiday cards. Four new sketches to get started. Try 1, 2, 3, or all 4. Everyone is welcome to jump in. We love to see everybody's creations.

Extra credit: A cartridge you haven't used for over a year...or close to it and add some bling and ribbon.

Sketch #1
[img][/img]

Sketch #2
[img][/img]

Sketch #3
[img][/img]

Sketch #4
[img][/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 08, 2013 9:48:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:29:50 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 936 time(s) in 602 post(s)
Lisa,
Thanks so much for Hosting this week. I especially like the first two sketches, but I know all four will make very nice cards. I like the Extra Credit since it can be worked into all four of them. Looking forward to your sample cards!Smile
Gisele Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:23:28 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Lisa - Thanks for hosting this week and a wonderful selection of sketches!

I will host the next challenge starting on October 23rd!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 8:38:43 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2589 time(s) in 1352 post(s)
Lisa thanks so much for jumping in and hosting again for us. I LOVE the sketches and hope to get started on them later today. I have a few birthday cards to make and also would like to get another Christmas card or too done.

DEE - hope you feel better real soon and can't wait to see what colors you come up with thi week. If you don't feel up to posting colors just let me know.
TurtleBug Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:36:42 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
DEE - hope you feel better real soon and can't wait to see what colors you come up with thi week. If you don't feel up to posting colors just let me know.[/size]

Donna,
Just a heads up from the last challenge...posted by Dee

(just wondering if Dee will be back on the MB within the next few days, since she is ill.)

Nana Donna......will post the colors tomorrow? I've been down with a virus and I will be heading to the doctor in the morning. I'm not a pretty sight!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:40:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 3:57:15 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks Josie I missed that from last week.
Will get some colors posted in a little bit as soon as I get them together.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:02:12 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here are the Ad Colors for this week, sorry about the delay I missed Dee's post. I sure hope she feels better real soon.

I know Turtlebug is going to like these colors
WHITE - ROYAL BLUE - YELLOW
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:56:40 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Lisa thanks for hosting this week. I can't wait to start on these! I've been doing some stamping lately, so it will be good to get back into my Cricut! LOL! I've been floating in and out on the Gina K Designs sight for a while. I'm in awe with her stuff! I could collect them all easily. Just saying so much to do and have fun with from her collections. :)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:08:30 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone, just peaking in here to see what is goingBigGrin
I worked on my sketch #2 today and it is 90% done, hope to post it tomorrow.
LisaW. Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:30:20 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
got the ideas for the cards but paper is the issue...why is it I can never find the "right" paper?

*NanaDonna* Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:21:47 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
got the ideas for the cards but paper is the issue...why is it I can never find the "right" paper?

Ha ha ha ha I now exactly what you mean. I have so much paper, but sometimes I just can not find the right one, although lately I have had good luck finding paper pattern on my Imagine and printing it out
Gisele Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 4:01:55 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Good morning! I have been working on the designs. I have the cards all ready to cut on my Gypsy and in CCR. Picking the paper is next and it should go well BigGrin

It's our Thanksgiving weekend so a nice long weekend. Have a great Friday everyone!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 12:26:26 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I got my sketch #2 done and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. Lisa great extra credit making us use those cartridges we had not used in a long time, I am too many to count where that is the case. I did pick out a couple for this card that I had not used in probably TWO yearsBlushing.

All the papers for this card were printed using my Imagine and the Lori's Garden cartridge. I flipped the center oval to better fit the drum shape.
I made this card for my older brother's birthday and he plays the drums.
The drum and drumsticks in cut from Everyday Paper Dolls, I colored it "marble" blue just like his drums are. I probably spent at least an hour on the drum alone.
The "You Rock" was cut from the stamping cartridge. TFL
TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 9:06:30 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Another busy Soccer week-end....but in Phoenix this time. I did manage to get one card made, don't know about the rest, but will try my best to get them done.
My DD hasvolunteered me to make Soccer posters for my DGS's soccer team.... a total of nineteen of them!! Should be a breeze since I made one using Cricuit Craft Room and saved the file. Will share it when I get the TSA logo on it.

My #1 Sketch Card:
Flowers - Artiste cartridge
Embossing - Floral paper Darice "Happy B'day" folder
Floral Paper - Michael's single sheet rack
Added bling to Photo Corners and flowers and ribbon with a double bow.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Friday, October 11, 2013 9:15:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:32:53 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

WOW Turtlebug fabulous card. I love the bits of bling strategically place around the card. Pretty paper.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/14/2013(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:53:24 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 289 post(s)
I hope ya'll don't mind me jumping in here. I used sketch number two to make this card.I did flip things around. The cricut cut was on the inside and I forgot to take a picture of it.

Edited by user Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:57:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

laurahunter attached the following image(s):
IMG_0109.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:25:29 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Laura of course we don't mind you jumping in fact we are thrilled we love to new people to play along and sure hope to see more from you. Lots of dun and inspiration here.

I love your card it is just adorable and that bow is awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edited by user Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:26:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: OOps

Gisele Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:31:39 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is my Sketch #1 - used some wonderful Graphic 45 and old Anna Griffin papers. Cricut used was Fabulous Finds for the 3 picture frame and Teresa Collins December 25th for the layered sentiment and holly leaves. Added a brad and some traditional plaid ribbon and heat embossed the holly.

Gisele Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:35:07 PM(UTC)
Gisele

This is Sketch #4 - not too original but it is a simple card that works well. Papers are Recollections that I bought on sale after Christmas last year. Cricut used are Joys of the Season and Teresa Collins Dec 25th for the Noel.

Gisele Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:41:29 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And now Sketch #3 for my great nephew turning 3 in November. Thanks Lisa for encouraging us to use older carts - used Robots for the first time! I rarely cut by hand now, even simple rectangles. The card was designed in CCR and I used Robots, Fabulous Finds, Celebrations and Paper Lace 2 carts. I added a bit of bling. I used mainly scraps including the glitter paper. Embossed with the infamous Chicken Wire and Clockworks folders BigGrin

Gisele Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:58:04 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Dee – hope you are feeling better!

Donna – Thanks for the ad colours! Love your Avatar and your DGD is so cute! Your Sketch #2 is fabulous! I know how it is to spend time on one part of the card. Great choice of papers!

Turtlebug – nice of your DD to volunteer you! BigGrin I look forward to seeing your posters. Great card for Sketch #1 – love the papers and little details.

Laura – nice of your to jump in and what a wonderful card! Great colouring and beautiful flower and ribbon.

Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving dinner. My DD has invited 2 friends and we've invited our neighbours so it will be a great day. We have the traditional turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnip and a harvest soup. Dessert is pumpkin squares and pumpkin pie. I've also made gluten free stuffing and gluten-free pumpkin pie for one of our guests. We'll spend some time in the afternoon walking on the grounds of the estate of one of our Prime Ministers.

I will drop-in on Monday!

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/14/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:22:13 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Hope everyone is having a great week-end. Here in Phoenix at the Hilton waiting to go to the next soccer game at 2pm. Will be going to JoAnne's before the game to pick up some new Christmas-theme paper...not that I need some, of course!!Smile

Enjoy the rest of the day!!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:37:44 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies hope you are all having a great weekend.
Yesterday was a very busy day for me, and never even made it into my craft room. My daughter was down to visit from Phoenix and my son is here from North Dakota so we spent the day together. Fun day!

I finished up my sketch #1 today. I made the background paper following a tutorial I found HERE I am so thrilled with how it came out that I decided this would be my Christmas card this year that I will make many of.
I used the Christmas cartridge for the reindeer, an old one I haven't used for a very long time. Peace on earth and the snowflakes are stamped and heat embossed with silver embossing powder to add some sparkle/bling. I also added a red pearl to the reindeer nose and silver ribbon for the extra credit. TFL

Edited by user Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:38:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 12:36:15 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Hi everyone! Here's my card for Sketch #2 in the ad colours. I stamped the white snowflakes on the blue background and also the blue snowflakes on the white paper. Cricut used was Speaking of Winter for the snowman and snowflake frame.

Edited by user Monday, October 14, 2013 2:50:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 12:38:12 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here are the place cards that I made for our Thanksgiving dinner. Very simple tags and added a bit of fresh rosemary.

Gisele Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:52:39 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Donna - wow a stunning card! TFS the tutorial. I can see why you will want to make several of them. Just gorgeous!

Hope to see everyone's cards this week. Back to work tomorrow!

Have a great week!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 4:33:22 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my sketch #3 in the Ad Colors.
Not much Cricut on here, in fact I cut the corners using the Jasmine cartridge (my favorite for corners)just so I would have some Cricut on this card. I embossed the background yellow paper with a Spellbinder 3D embossibility folder and my eBosserBigGrinTFL

Thanks Gisele, my fingers were all blue, but I love the way it turned out

Edited by user Monday, October 14, 2013 4:34:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 5:54:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Back from Phoenix...DGS won only 1 out of 3 Soccer games, but we had a very fun week-end, anyway. Have not made any more team posters as I am waiting for the Mom that is supplying the poster paper to get it to me, so in the meantime I will work on the sketches and try to get my cards done.

Dee
If you happen to be peeking in....sending you "Get Well Soon" wishes!!

NanaDonna
Thanks for the pretty Ad Colors...LOVE the bold yellow and Royal Blue with the crisp white.
#2 - Love this card, never knew he played the drums. Love the color-combo and you did an awesome job on the drum and drumsticks. Like the use of the cord instead of ribbon on a guy card...looks more masculine.
#1 - What an awesome technique! It's all so pretty and the silhouette looks awesome, right down to his shiny red nose!! Like the stamped pine trees and the panels...beautiful card! Looks like you will be walking around with blue fingers until AFTER the holidays!LOL
#3 in Ad Colors - LOVE it! LOVE it!! See why I LOVE this color-combo...it shouts at you "Look at me!!"Laugh Laugh Laugh Great embossing, corners, pattern papers, sentiment and matting....did I say "I LOVE it!!"??Love Love

christine
Please be sure to share with us all your stamping work, would love to see it!

Lisa
Don't have the right paper???....Michael's is having a 4/$1 single sheet sale. But, no Christmas sheet paper yet, when I went.Sad Sad Sad

Gisele
Hope you and your Family had a Happy Thanksgiving! The name tags are so pretty (beautiful china, too!), love the addition of the fresh Rosemary...bet there were lots of yummy scents at your house that day!!
#2 in Ad Colors - Love the snowflake BG, the white on blue glittery snowflakes look so pretty. I, too, have those metal snowflakes, hope I get to use them this Christmas, forgot about them last year. Cute hat and scarf on Mr. Snowman. Did you add the Bling to the ribbon, or bought it like that???....very pretty.
#1 - Pretty embossed BG paper and like the old-fashioned photos and frame. Pretty ribbon and Holly.
#4 - Pretty! Like the ornaments hung with the ribbon and the swirly "Noel".
#3 - Cute! Cute! Cute!! Your DGN will love it. Great details and so colorful, love all the layering, and of, course two of our favorite embossing folders!Laugh

laurahunter
We don't mind at all...we love new people joining this awesome group! You card is so cute, great job on the coloring of the little girl. LOVE the big satin bow!! Would love to see the inside of the card.

Edited by user Monday, October 14, 2013 5:58:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:56:20 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yippee I got all my cards done.
Here is my sketch #4
The paper is from last years CTMH Christmas paper pack.
The ornaments were cut using the Artiste cartridge then spray with Glimmer Mist, I did not extend the ribbon/cord below the ornaments like the sketch because it didn't think it would look right. TFL

Off to work on a couple other projects
LindaBelchuk Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:35:00 PM(UTC)
LindaBelchuk

Was thanked: 298 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Hi Ladies...I think I got this right ... my 2nd time posting here and I did Sketch #1 ... it's supposed to rain in my neck of the woods tomorrow, so maybe Sketch #2, #3 will get done, who knows ... and I don't know everyone, so I'm just gonna say I love all your cards and love the little name plates - so creative ! Thanks for looking at my sketch and hope I got it right.
LindaBelchuk attached the following image(s):
butterfliesweeklychallenge.jpg