Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

pshd04cb962099 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 1:59:52 PM(UTC)
pshd04cb962099

Groups: Registered

I am trying to make the jack o lantern project in the project center for Halloween. I am having a real difficulty to get my box to look like the one in the picture. I have bought the cartridge and cut from the ccr template in the project center using craft room. Mine is looking like the typical cupcake box that the pattern is cut from, any ideas how they got the one in the picture to look so nice and rounded and more like a pumpkin???? Also the ccr template doesnt cut the slits that are shown in the bottom half of the pumpkin.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 2:22:44 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
Post a link to the project and I'll take a look at it! BigGrin
Coah'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:41:20 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18503 time(s) in 4854 post(s)
Do you mean this one? As I recall, the CCR project had two layers each of cut and score. I only used one because I couldn't figure out why I needed two. Their picture does have gaps between the slits which they make have gotten just by compressing the finished box after assembly. I used one cut layer and one score layer and did not use the layer with the hole for the top. I think it turned out nice as I added a stem and leaves to mine.

I made two and found it was easier to assemble from the top to bottom vs bottom to top. Hope this helps!

1 user thanked Coah'sNana for this useful post.
pshd04cb962099 on 10/9/2013(UTC)
pshd04cb962099 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:09:09 PM(UTC)
pshd04cb962099

http://www.cricut.com/pr...%99-Lantern-Popcorn-Ball

Thanks here is the link scrapalette, I appreciate your help. When i make it it comes out the same as the one Coah'sNana has pictured. I cant work out how they got the slits down in the bottom half which i think makes it look a bit more like a pumpkin and round.

Thank you
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:51:43 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 944 time(s) in 469 post(s)
man the instructions are very vague and I don't think they explain all the steps taken, which I have found to be the case on other projects designed by the design team that I have downloaded.

It looks like they have made one box (solid orange cut) as described and then with the patterned color, they have manipulated by hand cutting away the top circle (lid part), and one of the base circles and looks like they probably cut away the tabs around the top section as well then continued manually slitting each section from the middle to just above the bottom tabs (slits would be between the top V and the bottom V of each section but not all the way to the bottom. Then it looks like they may have glued the remaining non cut away circle to the bottom of the solid color box and then just continued around maybe folding completely inside the bottom tabs and gluing that part to the bottom sides of the solid color box all the way around and then gluing the top part of each section around the top part of the solid box. This is only a guess and would be the way I would probably attempt to make one based on the picture and lack of complete instructions.

The instructions certainly don't say this though. Just my guess. Maybe Scrapelette can figure it out, she's a geniuous when it comes to putting together 3d objects.

The way it was designed in project is cute and hopefully you will be able to get it figured out.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
pshd04cb962099 on 10/11/2013(UTC)
pshd04cb962099 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 12:01:43 AM(UTC)
pshd04cb962099

I think you might be right Olivia'sNana. Have tried it but the paper is too tight over the original box, so now i just have to work out how to adjust the original pattern. Thanks for your help.BigGrin
scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 1:33:57 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19163 time(s) in 8570 post(s)
I *think* they didn't actually score between the top and the bottom and that gives a more rounded shape. And I think the slit we are seeing in the bottom is where they glued that piece together.