Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ampser778b1262 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:21:42 AM(UTC)
ampser778b1262

Groups: Registered

I just started using my Expression yesterday, with no issues until I decided to use the CCR. The firmware update popped up and I didn't think anything of it and had no idea that using my MAC would be a death sentence. Now, I have no idea how to bring it back to life. The lights are still on, as if it were running the firmware updateMad . It completely the first step and then the box was up to repeat the steps to turn it off, then turn on again pressing the Stop and Power button. Instead of it taking 5 seconds for the lights to come on and the machine to beep, the lights were immediately on and it beeped. Even if I just press the power button on, with no Stop button, it turns on with a beep and lights.

I have tried to fix it by doing the following:

1. Unplugging everything -- from computer, from power source, including overnight
2. Resetting the machine using the instructions from this site and others -- tried this several times
3. Uploaded DS on a PC and tried to update firmware that way. The machine beeped a few times, but that's it. Each time (about 10) I would be an error message saying it failed and to try again.
4. Yelling
5. Prayer

Unfortunately, due to my very busy 8-5 CST job and my other job as mom to an almost 2 year-old, I don't have the ability to sit on the phone with CS for hours. I really really really need this to work soon (like last night). I have birthday invites for my son's birthday to make and very little time to do so.

With that said, can anyone help this VERY frustrated mom?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Emily

[img]null[/img]
ampser778b1262 attached the following image(s):
Cricut.jpg
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2013 1:14:07 PM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hello Ampser,

Are you getting your Expression machine successfully into update mode each time by powering it off and then pressing the stop button, holding it down and then pressing the power button and holding both until the machine beeps and the keypad lights up? Do you have a cartridge in the machine when attempting the update?

-Cricut Dani

Originally Posted by: ampser778b1262 Go to Quoted Post
I just started using my Expression yesterday, with no issues until I decided to use the CCR. The firmware update popped up and I didn't think anything of it and had no idea that using my MAC would be a death sentence. Now, I have no idea how to bring it back to life. The lights are still on, as if it were running the firmware updateMad . It completely the first step and then the box was up to repeat the steps to turn it off, then turn on again pressing the Stop and Power button. Instead of it taking 5 seconds for the lights to come on and the machine to beep, the lights were immediately on and it beeped. Even if I just press the power button on, with no Stop button, it turns on with a beep and lights.

I have tried to fix it by doing the following:

1. Unplugging everything -- from computer, from power source, including overnight
2. Resetting the machine using the instructions from this site and others -- tried this several times
3. Uploaded DS on a PC and tried to update firmware that way. The machine beeped a few times, but that's it. Each time (about 10) I would be an error message saying it failed and to try again.
4. Yelling
5. Prayer

Unfortunately, due to my very busy 8-5 CST job and my other job as mom to an almost 2 year-old, I don't have the ability to sit on the phone with CS for hours. I really really really need this to work soon (like last night). I have birthday invites for my son's birthday to make and very little time to do so.

With that said, can anyone help this VERY frustrated mom?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Emily

[img]null[/img]

eillencvispo6bc6d754 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 11:01:47 PM(UTC)
eillencvispo6bc6d754

Got the same problem like Ampser.

Followed the steps thoroughly and now my Pink Expression Machine is always in Firmware Mode. Unable to cut, in short becomes Useless.. :(

Are you getting your Expression machine successfully into update mode each time by powering it off --- YES

and then pressing the stop button, holding it down and then pressing the power button and holding both until the machine beeps and the keypad lights up? --- YES

Do you have a cartridge in the machine when attempting the update? --- YES

Here's the biggest problem I am in the Philippines and I bought my machine in New Jersey last June of this year.

I badly need your HELP, please??Mellow

Thanks,
Eillen
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:16:42 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello, please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
Kitkat67 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 12:46:29 PM(UTC)
Kitkat67

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Did you install Mavericks upgrade for MAC? I believe this is what happened with mine? I do craft shows, and I work on a MAC. Now my machine is useless to me? I am almost in tears over this. It is causing me to stress about it. I have tried all the fixes listed here. My machine is up to date with the software version2.43 . My MAC does not recognize my Cricut.