Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
TurtleBug Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:36:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 617 post(s)
I made this card for my DD's B'day on Oct. 18th...shhhhh!!Smile

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Color Challenge:
Oval - SOPHIE Cartridge is a two-part layer cut
Butterfly - CTMH Acrylic Stamp
Embossing - "Victoria" Cuttlebug folder
Sentiment - Michael's Acrylic Stamp
I added a metal Heart charm (I noticed the weight of the charm pulls the ribbon down...will have to put a dab of glue on it), pearls to the flowers and the butterfly. I used Brilliance Dew Drop stamping ink in "Galaxy Gold" on the sentiment and butterfly. The "birthday Wishes" is alot more clear and darker on the actual card than it shows on here. The sequin ribbon is from SAAS, a local fabric and embellishment outlet that sells everything dirt cheap. Our go-to store for ribbon, buttons and lace.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:46:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 10/22/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:42:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

YAY!!!!!!!!!

No more security code!!!!!!!!!!!
LisaW. Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:51:09 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hi ladies...how is everyone?

Finally I was able to sketch 1 completed.
Cartridges: Stretch your imagination...birdhouse cut at 3-1/2
Create a critter...bird cut at 1-1/2
Walk in my garden...daisy cut at 1

Edited by user Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:54:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0508.JPG
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:07:58 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #3:
Congrats - STAMPING Cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Houndstooth" folder
I ran the solid gray panel through my Crimper...didn't show up on postSad... added black and silver Brads and inked the "Congrats" with Dew Drops Brillance in Starlite Silver.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:09:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:59:15 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2618 time(s) in 1376 post(s)
Guess it is time to do my commentsBigGrin

First off DEE - I sure hope you are feeling better

Christine - I love Gina K stamps I have several of them and use them often. can't wait to see what you stamp.

Gisele - #1 fabulous card, what a great idea for the 3 frames on the bottom to use Fabulous Finds, it is a cartridge I have that I rarely use. Love the stacked sentiment. #4 love it, you and I thought a like on this one using the ornaments, love the paper. #3 adorable, cute little robot and all the great cuts, perfect embossing #2 beautiful, I love the white stamping on the blue paper never thought of that great idea!The snowman is adorable. AWESOME place cards, love the touch of rosemary on them. Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner.

Linda
- wonderful card, love all the butterflies and the negative cuts work well. So glad you decided to jump in and join us, hope you can join in again.

Turtlebug - #2 WOW what a fabulous card, I love that embossing on the background and OMGOhMyGod OhMyGod OhMyGod that matting makes that card have so much dimension. Perfect embellishment with the little heart charm.I know your DD will love it. #3 Hold Cow! this card just pops off the page, excellent I am so happy you are using the matting it really makes your card stand out. wish I could see that crimping, bet it looks great in person. If you have someone graduating from Mountain View it would be perfect, black & silver are their school colors

LisaW
- I love your sketch #1 it is just adorable with the little bird, very very well put together and love the way you carried out the theme throughout the entire card.

Well will peak back in later and I am also glad they took away the security code. Like how they revamped the whole Cricut website.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 1:00:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/16/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 10/22/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:30:17 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 969 time(s) in 655 post(s)
Hi ladies, Im here with Turtlebug. Isn't she wonderful, Here are two of my cards
for this week. # 1 and my extra credit, SpongeBob cart. This will be the first time I have used it. Love all the cards ladies, a big hello to all the new ladies.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:31:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
LydAC 2013.jpg (1,242kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
Lyd2 2013.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:15:29 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Donna – love your birthday card in the ad colours! What a nice folder – great design and depth! Beautiful ornaments for Sketch #4 – and yes we had the same thoughts!

Linda – Glad you jumped right in and such a great card in the ad colours! There is no right or wrong way. I look forward to seeing your other cards!

Turtlebug – Hope you had fun with your DGS soccer! Love your DD card in the ad colours! Great finds at your local ribbon shop! Gorgeous card for Sketch #3 – It is a very versatile for graduations or other celebrations! The light picks up a bit of the crimped paper but I am sure it is even better in person!

Lisa – Love, love your card for Sketch #1! Wonderful papers and adorable bird!

BingoLady – so glad you could drop in! Great card for Sketch #1 – wonderful Christmas papers. I don’t see your second card yet.

I am happy too that the security codes are gone!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/16/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:39:15 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

BingoLady – so glad you could drop in! Great card for Sketch #1 – wonderful Christmas papers. I don’t see your second card yet.

Hi Gisele,
Since BingoLady just left my house and I don't know when she will be over again, I will let you know for her that you have to open her second card (it is a big card) where it says....

LydAC 2013.jpg (1,242kb) downloaded 1 time(s)

....in order to see it.

She still does not have a computer and will be posting from mine for a while.

TurtleBugSmile

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:17:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:15:31 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
WHAT??!!!
All four cards done already! Has to be a first for you!LOLLOL LOL LOL
#4 - Very nice! Like the ornament cuts, so inticate and the ribbon looks like a pretty gold chain. Is it the light or does the color and pattern sort of fade away? I like the look!

LindaBelchuk
#1 in AD Colors - Very serene card!! Love all the Butterflies and the sentiment stamped in a sing-song way instead of just straight across. You can add your own Avatar or a pic of yourself, it is very easy, just click on "User Profile". Looking forward to your other cards, and, yes....you got it right!! ThumpUp

LisaW.
#1 - CUTE!! Perfect BG paper, love the Birdie and the birdhouse cut. Like how the birdhouse trim matches the flower squares.

BingoLady
Extra Credit Card - Very fun and cute SpongeBob card, so colorful and many cute details, some little one will really enjoy it!
#2 - LOVE the Christmas pattern paper with all the Christmas cookies...time to start holiday baking soon! Love the Santa ribbon, too cute!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:17:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:14:51 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 574 post(s)
Hello everyone. I finished one card which is loosely based on one of the sketches, think it's #2. I love this color combo and wanted to at least give it a try.

I have to say that I am so in awe of all the wonderful cards that you all make using your Cricut. I really need to start using mine, but first I need to see why I had trouble with it cutting last week. I probably need a new blade.

One of the things I've noticed with the board changes is that I cannot store my e-mail address and password and I have to type in everything each time I sign on. Does anyone know if you can still do that?

Thanks for looking....Dee

[img=http://][/img]

*NanaDonna* Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:10:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Bingolady - great sketch #1, love that Christmas paper I have the same one BigGrin
Adorable SpongeBob card, I love all the details and especially love how you did the matting it makes the card really stand out,

Dee - so glad to see you back and hope you are feeling better. Your card is lovely, great image and you coloring is fabulous as always, love the checked ribbon perfect embellishment
Joyful Carol Offline
#42 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 12:53:26 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Hello, Friends! Thanks for the sketches. They are super. I always know where to come for inspiration. Things are looking great on the site here. Are things moving more smoothly? The last few months have been full of busy, busy, busy and many changes. Looking forward to joining you girls once again in this challenge.

If you look closely and stretch your imagination I believe you will see Sketch 3 in my Minnie card. At least that was the sketch I used to pull this card together. I used Mickey and Friends cartridge for the Minnie Mouse. The little heart buckle was in a package on a clearance rack at Hobby Lobby. I did not have any matching ribbon so I just used some matching paper.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Minnie in Turquois.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#43 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:56:02 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch 1

I used Straight from the Nest cartridge for the butterfly, slider, and corners. The corners and sliders were cut at 1 1/2" and the butterfly was cut at 2". I used several different pieces of cardstock from the DCWV Linen Closet Matstack (very helpful in matching papers because they are already made to coordinate together and I can waste so much time trying to pick out papers) Enjoy
Turquoise butterfly.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#44 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 4:36:49 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Carol so nice to see you back, I think we all went through a busy time but it seems like our little challenge is picking up speed again.

#3 adorable, I love your Minnie and yes I can see sketch #3 thereWink besides that is what this is all about it to draw inspiration from the sketches #1 very very pretty love that paper (I think I have it too)love that slider LOVE that happy birthday, what is it made from?
LisaW. Offline
#45 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 4:37:37 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

so frustrated...everytime I make plans to get my cards finished my job always has a way of messing it up. My job is based on the east coast so I am always 2 hours behind. Started at 9 this morning and now have run out of work (transcription) so now I have to keep checking in every hour and waiting for work. I still have an hour and 15 minutes left to work tonight. I will try to fit in what I can. My football (college) team is on tomorrow night so that means I won't get any creating done.

Sketch #2 in the ad colors...finally smart enough to make 2 and quit having so many scraps, lol. Next time I hit a clearance rack I need to invest in some little charms. I would have loved to add a little "drink" charm to the ribbon.

Cartridges: George...Oval
Life is a Beach...chair and umbrella

Inked the chair up a little bit with gray so it looked used.

DSCF0510.JPG
LisaW. Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 4:40:03 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

love the security code is gone and that when you click on the pictures you can enlarge them again.
TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 4:57:57 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Week-end Everyone!

My Sketch Card #4 with the Extra Credit:

Sweet 16 - Something to Remeber cartridge which was gifted to me by NanaDonna (THANKS!). This is the first time I use this cart.
Embossing - Darice "Happy B'day" folder
Scalloped Circles - Lacy Labels Cartridge
Heart Punch - Martha Stewart
Plain Circles - Plantin Scoolbook
I added Brads to the flower ribbon and the embossed flowers. I made some Pearl EX with what to me looked like a Pink powder in color and sprayed the "Sweet 16" with it. When I checked on the color again the little jar was marked "Dou Red/blue"...but it worked, I see no red or blue on it, it does have a sparkly look to it, though. I dotted the sentiment with a white ink pen to make it stand out. I popped the circles for a 3-D effect.
TFL!!

Sorry, crooked card!!Laugh

Edited by user Friday, October 18, 2013 5:01:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:50:48 AM(UTC)
Gisele

BingoLady – Love the Sponge Bob scene card! Lots of great details and some bling!

Turtlebug – Thanks for pointing out BingoLady’s card! Love your Sweet 16 card! Some young girl will be really happy to receive that beautiful card! What gorgeous ribbon and the brads are a nice touch!

Dee – Beautiful coloured card – I love the depth with all of the shading and your Copics match so well with your paper. Lots of wonderful details on this card! Hope you are feeling better! I am not sure about storing your name when you sign in, I have always typed mine in every time.

Carol – glad you found some time to play along! Great Minnie card and I like Sketch #1 too!

Lisa – what a great idea to make 2 cards at the same time in the ad colours! Too bad that there is a time delay for your work!

This weekend I will work on next week’s sketches. Looking forward to hosting!

Edited by user Saturday, October 19, 2013 2:52:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#49 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:25:50 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Three ideas for one card but in looking through thousands of pieces of paper last night I have nothing...going to hit a store today.

My friend gave me some really cute stamps that have faries on them. I want to make her some sets of cards with them to say my thanks. What is the best way to learn to color them as a beginner? I do have copic markers but have never used them. I have colored pencils to use with the gamasol? but haver never used them either. Wish you wonderful ladies that are awesome at coloring could visit me:) Is there a better set of markers to start with?
Joyful Carol Offline
#50 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:18:16 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch 4:Wow! Three cards done in less than 24 hours. I must have been inspired!BigGrin

The happy birthday on this card (& the last several I have made) were stickers. They are duplicate sticker sets made by American Crafts and purchased at Target. I really like them. They look nice on cards, simple to peel and stick, and are great time savers when making a lot of cards.ThumpUp

The cupcakes in the scalloped circles are just cut from some cupcake paper I had. I hand cut them, ran them through my X xyron to make them stickers, placed them on some cardstock for stability,cut them again, and used some foam squares to pop them off of the circles. I thought they looked nice with the cupcakes on the background cardstock. The only cricut cut were the circles. I believe I want to go eat some cake now! Drool

Edited by user Saturday, October 19, 2013 12:20:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cupcake card in pink.jpg
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:49:30 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy Sunday Ladies!
Another Soccer-filled week-end for us these past two days. Tournament with 2 games each day and....my DGS's team won all four games, he scored a Gooooal today and the team won 1st Place!!!CoolCool Cool

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:23:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#52 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:03:45 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee
Glad you are feeling much better and able to work on your cards!Smile
#2 in Ad Colors - Love the ribbon with twine and the image is so cute! Nice work with the coloring, love the image BG, too. Great card!

Joyful Carol
Happy you are back!!
#3 - Have missed your detail-filled cards and this one is no exception. Minnie is so cute out of her traditional red, yellow and black. Very pretty heart and love the deep torquoise paper.
#2 - Very pretty, love the sparkly Buterfly and the color choices. "Slider" was a new word for me in the world of card-making, so I had to go to my dear Mentor...NanaDonna and she explained to me what it is, love the look!
#4 - Very nice! Love the yummy cupcakes and glittery Bg paper. The banners pick up all the colors in the card nicely. Great for a little girl!

LisaW.
Thanks so much for the awesome idea of making two cards of one sketch, I too, end up with way too many scraps!
#2 in Ad Colors - Love this card, the colors are so bright and bold and the white really pops. The umbrella and beachchair compliment the sentiment just right!
Hope you found the right paper for your one card. The right paper is always the hardest to dress a card with.

LisaW. Offline
#53 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 10:37:15 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Sketch #3...could not find the right paper.

Cartridge: Very Merry Tags...I bought this cart when it was a "must have" and finally used it for the first time.

DSCF0512.JPG
Joyful Carol Offline
#54 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:47:37 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch 2-

Please forgive me on this creation for I used no Cricut.Blushing However, one could use the cricut for cutting out the rectangular background papers- I just find it easier and less wear on my cutting mat by cutting out the rectangles with my paper cutter. I am sure there is a cartridge with a scalloped rectangle to use for the picture framing, but I used my Big Shot and a die for that. The eagle is a picture I printed with my computer printer. I was going for a masculine card even though I was using the very feminine looking sketch 2. Did I pull it off?
Eagle in blue.jpg
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:58:38 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug – Nice to see your DGS soccer star!

Lisa – Great card for Sketch #3 – too bad you didn’t find the papers you wanted but it looks really good!

Carol – You have been really busy – love your card and it is certainly suitable for a male! Wonderful papers and great eagle image!

The sketches are ready. I will post them tonight! Have a great day!
TurtleBug on 10/22/2013(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:07:04 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Finally got one made this is sketch one My oldest Daughter loves Snowmen so this will be from her the image is a digi but not sure where it came from

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:08:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2394.JPG
Joyful Carol Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:22:34 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Happy cards with such wonderful sketches that Lisa provided!

Lisa-#1 What a cute little birdie! I like the wing & flower on the bird in the same paper as the house trim. It just brought everything together. The colors are all so perfect with the background paper. #2 Love the blue print paper- just great with the beach chair & umbrella. Nice use of the ad colors. #3 I think you found good paper! That color of blue with the white snowflakes just makes me cold!

Donna- #1 Beautiful & peaceful with the deer & snowflake scene. Perfect sentiment for this card. #2 Drum card is great. Good job of making this a masculine card. Love the blue & brown together. #3 Great use of the ad colors. I knew I always liked blue & yellow together.
#4 Pretty ornaments. The gold ribbon is great to "hang" them on. You definitely made the right decision in not extending the ribbon.

TurtleBug-#1 Very pretty in pink & purple. Flowers are great at the bottom with the floral paper.#2 This card turned out great in the ad colors. God use of the pearls to add a special touch to the flowers & butterfly. The embossing adds some wonderful dimension to this card. #3 Looking good in black, gray, & white. Some things just do not show up well in our photos. They are always better in person. #4Lovely indeed! The flower ribbon is just the perfect addition with the pink flower paper.

Laura- #2 Precious is the word I would use. It brought a smile to my face.

Gisele- #1 Love the words in a tree shape. Cute vintage pics on the bottom along with the nicely shaped frame! #2 Nice use of ad colors. The ribbon with sparkly stones makes me think of an icy morning. #3 Love, love, love that cute robot. Great use of embossing & the papers are just so fun and colorful. The red 3 balloon was the perfect finishing touch. #4 Good choice of papers. It made a very lovely Christmas card.

Linda- #1 Very pretty butterflies and the card is great in the ad colors.

BingoLady-#1 Christmas card is cute. Reminds me of making Christmas cookies! By the way, your underwater card looks great. Kids will love it.

DeeScraps-#2 What a little cutie! Looks super in the blue & yellow ad colors.

Britishgirl-#1 I love snowmen, too! He makes me wish for winter. The holly ribbon works great with the holly pics across the bottom.
 2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/22/2013(UTC), Gisele on 10/22/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:16:13 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Turtlebug....so nice to see the photo of your DGS.

I've been down to see our granddaughter. She's such a little sweetheart! I'll post a photo when I load them.

Lots of wonderful cards this week and it's nice to see British Girl and Joyful Carol back.

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/22/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#59 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:22:44 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LisaW.
#4 - Not sure if you were looking for the traditional red/green Christmas paper, but blue with white, gold or silver has become a favorite for Christmas cards and decor for a lot of people. I like it, it seems to give decor and cards a very Winter/snowy effect.
Like the snowflakes with the Dk. Blue layer under them and the Dk. Blue matting frames the entire card nicely. Like the sheer ribbon, I have it in several colors and like using them cause the ribbon still allows the pattern papers to show through. Very pretty card!

Joyful Carol
Good for you, you have been on a roll these past two weeks!!
#2 - I hear you on cutting panels...most of the time the paper cutter is much faster. This one works perfect for a male card, great colors and patterns. Even the ribbon with the simple metal Brad is a nice touch for a male card. The Bald Eagle looks so majestic soaring above in the clear blue sky. Great card!

britishgirl
So nice to see you on here again!
Your DD will LOVE this card...it is so colorful and fun! I like the look of the Holly leaves extending out of the white squares. The smiling Snowman is so cute, also appearing as if he is leaning out of a window enjoying the glittery snowflakes. Great matching Holly ribbon and bow!

Waiting anxiously to see what Gisele has in store for us tonight...along with her ALWAYS beautiful samples!

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:37:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele on 10/22/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:24:48 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug – Nice to see your DGS soccer star!

Lisa – Great card for Sketch #3 – too bad you didn’t find the papers you wanted but it looks really good!

Carol – You have been really busy – love your card and it is certainly suitable for a male! Wonderful papers and great eagle image!

The sketches are ready. I will post them tonight! Have a great day![/color]

Gisele....did you want me to post the colors?